We booked a Wellness package, in the middle of October, on this North Atlantic island. We expected the weather would keep us in, thus we especially wanted a hotel with enough interest indoors to keep us comfy for a weekend getaway. This is the perfect spot. The package included breakfast both days, dinner on our second night, full free use of the sauna and steambath area, a free session in the sunbed and a 40 minute massage by a trained masseuse. We had the use of a bathrobe and slippers as well. In the hotel is free internet, a bar, comfy sitting areas, a computer area, a rooftop sun deck, and a terrace with sea view. And this place delivers on all counts. They gave us a nice wellness gift too.
We think there has been a well thought out refit in the recent past. No clue when, but it is tasteful and attractive. High end without pretension, comfy and sophisticated at the same time, we were really surprised that even low season, everything was clean, ordered, the food delicious, the bread baked on site and to die for, the staff well trained, courteous and well groomed. They earn their stars.
Just a couple of things:
The bed pillows are needing a rethink. and there are no extra pillows nor blankets that we could find...
The bath slippers were really uncomfortable: I would gladly pay a bit for nicer ones- that didn't cut between the toes and were not dangerously slippery when wet.
The footbath in the sauna was cold.
Our harshest complaint is how they scheduled our massages- back to back Sunday morning at 9 am. With breakfast ending at 1030 and check out by 1100, having 80 minutes blocked out for massages made the morning a bit more rushed, busy and certainly earlier than we would have planned. We don't have the solution but it was annoying.
So, as you see there was not much to complain about. We are looking forward to using other Westcord hotels if this is the common standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Schylge (4-stars) is in the lively harbour of the village West-Terschelling and has a wonderful view over the Wadden sea. The hotel views are dramatically influenced by the continuous movement of the sea and tidal changes. Hotel Schylge offers luxury and comfort. Restaurant 'Op West', one of the best on the island is led by star decorated chef Ton van Scheppingen. Within a short walk along the harbour you will find yourself in the charming village of West. Walking and cycle paths to the beach, woods and sea begin from both the front and back of the hotel. In the last few years Hotel Schylge has been largely renovated. The rooms have a luxurious designer feel but at the same time still manage to capture the unmistakable island feel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your WestCord Hotel Schylge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip West-Terschelling
- West-Terschelling Golden Tulip
- WestCord Hotel Schylge Terschelling, The Netherlands - West-Terschelling