We stayed for a last minute weekend break in a recently refurbished kids villa for 4.
The villa itself was very good, kid friendly with a great little playroom and fenced outdoor area, bathroom step, weird dog model stuck on the wall by the toilet, etc. The beds are made up for your arrival (a bit confusing on the website but only the cot doesn't have linen). They are fairly comfortable, although the pillows are lumpy, presumably from washing. There is a fancy coffee machine and some pods provided. Our dog came, all villas allow dogs here. Our villa was located in area 3, just behind the Aqua Mundo. Perfect location, handy for all the activities.
We had a couple of good sessions in the pool complex. It's not as big as the British centreparcs pools, but still fun. Good sliding options including a steep fast slide, a couple of flumes for less experienced swimmers, the rapids if you want an exciting ride, plus a couple for strong swimmers (diploma holders), which we didn't try out. The kids pool was not very well designed: a huge hardly used sandpit taking up most of the space; rocky walls around; the way up to the slide up a big step (saw one toddler come a cropper here) then via a pirate ship with not enough room for 2 people to pass; weird pig statue squirting water from its teats. The one bubble pool was a hot pool, the bubbles weren't working and it was crammed with people. Obviously they need more in the way of bubble pools. There were some nice things, such as loungers with overhead sun lamps if you have time to relax. Didnt use the nudist sauna.
We ate at
- Pizza/Grand cafe restaurant. Decent food, fun play area not too expensive but a bit lacking in atmosphere.
- Pancake House. Nice pancakes, fun play area, very friendly waiter, but also a bit dead.
- Grill. Popular. Delicious steaks (the 'surf' option was unavailable) the staff seemed very pushed and in the end we couldn't bear to wait to order desserts but got an icecream at the supermarket on the way home.
- Snacks . Nice burger, standard fast food.
It's winter, events are running on tickover. There were a couple of attempts at entertainment, all free, but it was a bit rubbish. The kids disco was probably the best of a bad bunch. There's a huge room with those useless grabbing machines for your kids to obsess about. There is a big jungle gym type of area which was enjoyed by our two, for sure. The bowling looked good, although we didnt do it. One excellent activity was indoor climbing. Our 7 year old had a brilliant time doing this. She was the only one and loves climbing, so had the very friendly instructor's full attention. Dad was also roped in to 'secure' her and even climbed up a couple of times. Excellent value for 10eur for an hour.
A small park, not hard to get around. Saw very few bikes. Compared to the British Centerparcs we have been to, where you always see people discretely doing maintenance, this was looking pretty down at heel. Peeling paint, green mould everywhere.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Center Parcs de Eemhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Center Parcs De Eemhof Hotel Zeewolde