“Great hotel in La Chaux-de-Fonds”

Grand Hotel Les Endroits
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Great hotel in La Chaux-de-Fonds”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have stayed at Hotel Les Endroits twice just recently. Each time, my room was quite clean and comfortable. Through the outside temperatures were below zero C (low teens F), the room was quite warm (though a bit too warm for sleeping until I found the radiator valve) and cozy. Plenty of hot water and superb water pressure for the shower. The bed though not fancy had a firm mattress with feather pillows and a nice down comforter. I didn’t watch any television, so I can’t comment on channel selection, etc.
I enjoyed several meals in the hotel restaurant. Food was very good and service was attentive and courteous (even for a non French speaking guest). The front desk associates were quite friendly and very helpful to arrange a taxi or dinner reservations.
Recognize that the hotel is placed up in the countryside, literally surrounded by farms (and horses, etc) however it is quite modern and would not be out of place in the city center. It is too far to walk to any other establishments or the city center, but that makes it more peaceful and serene.
Only a 5-10 minute taxi to town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DadTravels
vcv01, Propriétaire at Grand Hotel Les Endroits, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
The family Vogt and the whole team of the Grand Hotel Les Endroits thanks you very much for your nice comment and wishes you all the best for 2013.

Yours sincerely,

Family Vogt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is a nice location on the edge of town. It is quiet and has nice views.
Staff are friendly. Room is a decent size and clean. Bed was lovely and comfy.
There is no air con in the room.
Breakfast was average continental offering.
As this Hotel is out from the centre it does offer its own restaurant. Food is good qulaity.
I can imagine in winter the roads to the hotel when covered in snow are challenging (steep and narrow).
As with all hotels I have found in Switzerland they are expoensive for what you get - hence my only average score.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rup_UK
vcv01, Directeur général at Grand Hotel Les Endroits, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for you valuable feedback!
It is great to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Don't worry about the condition of the road during the winter; as the hotel has 2 different access ways. The one comming directly from the town center is also used for the public transportations (bus stop at 700 meters of the hotel) and well cleaned up to the hotel.

We would be pleased to welcome you again at les Endroits

Kind regards,

Family Vogt, owner
Zürich
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The hotel a little above the city of La Chaux-de-Fonds was newly renovated and is a place were frequently one day bypasser stop. The rooms are nicely kept and the bathroom have an exeptable size. A bath tub was in our room and the cleaniness was satisfactory. The breakfast buffet was more a 3 star buffet but offered all the basic items a Swiss breakfast buffert offers: cold cuts, muesli, yoghurts, juices, various breads and some fresh fruits. The room where breakfast is being served is more on the small side and lacks a cooling system.

The hotel also offers a small spa area which consists of a whirlpool, a small sauna and a fitness bycicle. It is necessary to make a reservation as the spa is always reserved for one guest and therefore is not public.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andre K
London
Reviewed January 31, 2012

When our rental car got stuck at 1am in heavy snow close to the hotel the owner was generous & forgiving in coming to rescue us. Thankyou!
The hotel itself is like a sparkling diamond mounted on a mound of pure white icing. Inside & Out. If you are in La Chaux de Fonds I would recommend no other hotel. Bed & Breakfast to perfection.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed July 4, 2011

This was my 8th trip to Switzerland and I have stayed in most regions. In a not so touristy area like La Chaux it was a real surprise to find the quality and service of Les Endroits. I must say that Les Endoits is the nicest hotel experience I have had in any country. Family Colombel-Vogt and staff are a delight and their cuisine exceptional. The Grand Hotel is just far enough from the City bustle and provides a warm country feel. Highly recommend a visit if you are in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Royandboys
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I stayed at les Endroits with my family (2 adults and 2 kids) we have booked one of their new Suites & SPA for us with connecting door to a Deluxe room for the kids and we really loved it. The modern furnished room, the private spa, the kids really appreciated the whirlpool. The staff was very helpful and attentive with us as well as the kids they also proposed half-portion of the menu. The food was delicious, we have tried other restaurants down townb (quite bad) but the hotel-restaurant was the best. Special tip : At lunche the grilled meat on the sunny terrace and for our kids their new outside games are fantastic.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Upon arrival at the hotel, first impressions were good, free parking, modern looking exterior, and smart reception area. Check-in was quick and I thought it was a nice touch to be taken to my room and given the guided tour on the way. Next to the lift are a couple of dog beds... a little odd to see but I have since found out this is a pet friendly hotel therefore allergy suffers beware! The room is where my opinion changed about this hotel and unfortunately for the worse.

Possibly Swiss standards are low however the room was very dated and somewhat basic. I have stayed at better budget hotels in the UK for a fraction of the price. First problem, the toilet which had not been cleaned properly as it still had a hair from the previous occupant. No soap in the bathroom, possibly a genuine error? Whilst in the bathroom I found there to be no shampoo (unless foaming gel is what they call it over here) and a very old and tatty dressing gown also with a hair on it from the previous occupant. There was only 1 pillow on the bed, granted I booked for single occupancy however most people need 2 pillows and there are no spares in the room. There is no air conditioning and the radiator has no control on it so I guess temperature will be decided by the hotel.

I tried speaking to reception on the phone however there was confusion over my first complaint, the soap, she thought I wanted to order vegetable soup! Can't say too much on this, my French isn't particularly good. I went to reception to try and explain myself further. The girl who showed me to my room was still on reception and came back to my room with me. She said the foaming gel was shampoo but then went to get me a bottle of alternative shampoo which was clearly marked as such on the bottle. She also got me a bar of soap, possibly the smallest bar of soap that I have ever seen and I am staying here for 4 nights! The dressing gown was replaced with a much better quality one. I had problems explaining about the hair issues so didn't say about the toilet and particularly since I had used it since arriving.. An extra pillow was also brought to my room so overall the issues were in the main dealt with.

I do find it annoying and dissapointing when you have to complain and even more so when you spend more money for what you expect to be a better hotel given the 4.5 star rating although I am suspicious of this.

Next time I would try Hotel Des Trois Rois. It looks to be more my style and it is in the town of Le Locle which is nearby. Parking is extra cost however in total still less than a room at Les Endroits.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
#1 of 12 in Neuchatel
Hotel Le France
Hotel Le France
#1 of 2 in Villers-le-Lac

Been to Grand Hotel Les Endroits? Share your experiences!