Albir Garden Resort
Hotel Kaktus Albir(L'Alfas del Pi)(Great Value!)
$270
$121
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
$64
  • Pool
Albir Playa Hotel & Spa(L'Alfas del Pi)(Great Value!)
$122
$114
  • Pool
Vidalbir Apartahotel(L'Alfas del Pi)
$70
  • Pool
Albir Costa Verde(El Albir)(Great Value!)
$59
$53
$160
  • Pool
Hotel Noguera(L'Alfas del Pi)(Great Value!)
$62
$169
Priceline
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,448 results
All reviewssmall kitchenthe main blockevening entertainmentgreat holidayindoor poolapartment blocksfamily holidaykids discoall agesstayed all inclusivelife guardsplenty of sunbedsyoung childrenmin walklunch and dinnerstayed here for a weekcleaned every day
Reviewed July 17, 2009

I did not see the review by pinky&perky until after I had booked the Albir Garden,

At first, I wrote off their comments, but as I sit here on our last day, mots of the bad stuff has come true. I speak basic Spanish, but the staff on the main bar took great delight in pretending not to understand simple phrases such as asking for two Sangria´s:

"Dos Sangira Por Favor" etc.

Just a few points that ARE true:

1. Bar staff leaving you to talk/serve Spanish guests = True
2. Bias away from the British = True
3. Switching off the sound on the only two english speaking TV channels!
4. Children´s entertainment is predominantly for the Spanish
5. Food quality dropped when most of the Spanish guests left
6. Air Conditioning in the dining room switched off as the Spanish had gone

I´ll probably end up writing to our tour operator as the 1,000 GBP I spent could well have been spent better elsewhere, Butlins perhaps?

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pete6673
Reviewed July 15, 2009

We had two apartments and went self catering. The place was very clean and it was nice to relax around the pool. The evening entertainment was interesting but fine just to sit and relax and have a few drinks to. Did not eat in but was advised of the dining facilities at the time of arrival.

Rooms were cleaned and tided regularly during our stay.

Ideal location.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank holidaysabroad2009
Reviewed July 5, 2009

below we have the body text from the letter we have just sent to thomas cook re our holiday at the albir gardens. we looked at the reviews on here and we really wished we had taken notice of the not so good ones.

To whom it may concern
I am writing to let you know how shocked we are that despite booking a holiday with a reputable holiday company like Thomas Cook we still ended up having to deal with, and put up with the circumstances listed bellow.
Re albir gardens/23rd to the 30th of June 2009:
 Upon arriving at the hotel at 11am we were told that our room would be ready in two hours, this actually turned out to be four hours with us being waved away and told “go away your room will be ready in half an hour” every time we asked reception . (We only went back to reception at the times they had told us each time) at 3 pm we were given our room.
 Despite not having a room or any where to freshen up we were refused a drink or anything to eat until 12 noon, the bar area was full of ex-pats who have some sort of club meeting every Tuesday so we had no choice but to sit outside in the sweltering heat for an hour.
 When 12 o’clock came and I went to the bar to get us a drink the person calling bingo for the afore mentioned ex-pats club announced over the microphone “could you be quite at the bar (I had only asked for my drinks) as this club comes here every week and generates business for the hotel that they would not want to loose”. (guess my £1200.00 doesn’t count then)
 We were put into a room quite along way from the main area even though there were loads of empty rooms near the pool etc and these remained empty the entire week.
 There were two poolside bar type buildings as advertised in the brochure, however one had rubble in it and the other was full of what looked like old chairs and neither were open, this meant that you had to get dried from the pool and put something on your feet before you could go and get a drink from the main bar, so not very convenient at all really.
 We were told in the brochure that the children would be able to get ice-creams at any time as part of our all-inclusive deal but this was not the case and when they did go and ask they were given very cheep ice poles that frankly tasted terrible.
 There was a massive bias towards the Spanish guests in the hotel, for example, if you were stood at the bar waiting to be served as long as there was some one at the bar from Spain you would be totally ignored, even to the point on a few occasions where I had a barman stood right in front of me and about to ask me for my order when a Spanish guest came to the bar and he walked away and served them.
 We also found that if you went into the restaurant later (the British tend to go for there meals around 8 when it opened and the Spanish around 9) the quality of the food was much better with more choice (are British guests in this hotel second class? We certainly felt that way!)
 At the beginning of the week there were quite a large amount of Spanish guests in the hotel and on the whole the food was ok however after the Sunday lunchtime when most of them left, the food that was served to a predominantly British population of guests was disgusting (I had put food ok on the reps form but that was filled in before the Spanish guests left) (the best meal we had all week was on the Monday evening when I took my family to McDonald and to be honest that is absolutely shameful!)
 When the majority of Spanish guests left the hotel the air conditioning was turned off in the bar and restaurant area despite the temperature hitting (according to local devices) 38 degrees.
 We were sold this hotel as a family resort, however on the Thursday of our holiday the hotel checked in over 500 Spanish youths that were there for a football tournament. These kids aged from around ten years old to some being about eighteen. They were for the main part totally unsupervised, we had to deal with them throwing food at each other (we got caught in the cross-fire) while we were trying to eat our meals. The adults that were with them for the main part simply sent the kids in to have there meals unaccompanied and would then go in and have there food when the kids had finished, (a lesson we learned hence we know the food changed). We had the pleasure of sharing our apartment block with the older ones who thought it was a good idea to swing from balcony to balcony on bed sheets, come in drunk at four in the morning and then relentlessly thump the doors while chanting football songs. We booked this hotel as we did not want to be subjected to this kind of behaviour in the middle of Benidorme! At one point I had to jump into the shallow pool to warn off aprox twenty of the younger ones who had cornered my 12 year old daughter asking her (direct quote) “we want to [--] you” and you have [--] now” this is not on!!!
 The morning we left we were refused any kind of breakfast at all and simply told that the restaurant was shut, yes we could have ordered a packed lunch as our friends did but frankly what they received was inedible and went in the bin. This left us will no alternative than to buy extremely over-priced food at the airport (seven euro for a sandwich, 1.60 for a mars bar and 3.05 for a small bottle of coke)

To sum up we are totally and utterly disgusted that a firm like yours would send your customers to what is best described as something between a hotel from hell and the Spanish equivalent of faulty towers!!!!!!
Yours sincerely

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank pinkyandperky1253
Reviewed July 1, 2009

The staff were very friendly and efficient, a great place to chill out. The food is varied and good quality, with theme nights, like Mexican Night. The rooms are basic but comfortable. We stayed all inclusive which represented great value for money; as long as you had local drinks the choice was very comprehensive. The entertainment was at times very good, at others dire. The overall aspect of the complex was a little tired. Some upgrading is needed to smarten it up. For example the bathroom tiling needed re-grouting and the bathroom window was rotten where the shower played over it. However this did not detract from the enjoyment of our stay. We would be happy to stay again. Paul and Tina

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2009

My daughter and I stayed in Albir Garden apartments for a week in June, I have to say the place is lovely. Apartments are a good size and very clean, which is a big plus. There is a bus stop and taxi rank right outside, so makes it easier to go to other places, such as Benidorm or Alicante. Also a supermarket acros the street, handy if you are self catering. Weather was hot but inside has air-con, which makes it comfortable. I would have no hesitation in returning.

• Stayed: June 2009