“A great relaxing holiday”

Albir Garden Resort
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in L'Alfas del Pi
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“A great relaxing holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

After my holiday in Loret D'mar last year compared to this Albir gardens was luxury.
Great spacious apartment, with small balcony terrace enough for 3 sharing.
1 twin bed room good size beds with wardrobe.
Settee bed in lounge with dinning table and small kitchen plenty of room.
The surroundings are very beautiful & well maintained.
The hotel staff are very friendly! Dinning restaurant clean, nice food if your not picky!
Full English breakfast in the morning yum yum sets you off for the day especially if your like me (picky eater) stuck to soup & roll for lunch & dinner, if your a lover of fish then you wont be disappointed as a lot of whats on offer is FISH & more FISH.
The pools are kept clean, they only down side was the annoying fly's everywhere, only outside thank god, but so annoying when your sunbathing, no chance of snoozing with fly's dive bombing you all the freaking time grrrr.
One morning I missed my breakfast to I tried a cafe down the road, I never eat so quickly, fly's everywhere, if one fly landed on my food then that was it no breakfast for me!
Hotel entertainment wasn't the greatest but least they have something on if you dont want to go into town, 15 min taxi to Benidorm strip and you have all the entertainment you want with lots of cabaret shows. Lots of choice for all ages.
Over all I found my stay a Albir Gardens a pleasant one.
Hope you find this useful

Room Tip: I think all apartments comes with balcony terrace
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lorraine H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Albir Gardens is an apart-hotel complex, low rise apartment blocks around a pool. Clean and efficient, nothing fancy, excellent staff. I used it as a base, and for me its top attraction is its location. A 10 -15 minute walk takes you down the main shopping/eating street..If you are self-catering, there is a supermarket directly opposite. On the old road to Altea, you can walk into Benidorm (couple of miles), up to L'Alfas inland, or along the beach to Altea. Albir is a lovely seaside town with lots of bar/cafes and pleasant beach. Check out Wyndhams and the Paradise Bar for food and drink, the Cellar Bar in Altea for cosy, and Yorkshire Pride 2 in Benidorm for dinners!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JosephLey
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

If I didn't like this hotel then I would not put a review on this site. Too many people are all smiles to hotels and then come on here to run them down which is a total pain for us hoteliers. If you have a complaint to make, do so at the hotel.
Now for the Albir Gardens as a whole.. GREAT.
It was just what my wife and I were looking for. All the staff were very friendly and professional.
The weather was great. No waiting anywhere for anything. Food was great with a great selection.
The cliental were all looking for the same thing, a relaxing holiday. The apartments were perfect, had everything you need. We brought a DVD player with us just in case we wanted a night in, as in most countries now the only English speaking channel is sky news, so if you are sit in people in the evening then bring one with you, turns out we didn't really use ours. You can buy a card to give you access to lots more channels in the reception if you choose. The beds were comfortable and the air conditioning was fantastic in the sitting room. There is free wifi in the pool area but not in the rooms, again not an issue really unless you can't be separated from your phone or tablet. Lovely beech and walk to Altea close by if you want to stretch your legs or go to the national park which is a must walk to the light house with stunning views.
On a separate note if you stay here keep your eyes out for Jonny (Bar & Rest) - he is brilliant. He is great with all ages and always in great form. He is what all in the customer care industry should strive to be like, well done and thanks for helping making our holiday so enjoyable.
All in all, I don't think you can go wrong with this hotel at this time of the year, it was only 33% of what they normally have in high season so can't comment on high season.
Oh and for an Irish checking into the hotel and see the Dubliner across the road, just a heads up its run by English folk so don't get excited that you might meet a fellow Irish person, ha ha.
Thanks again to all at the Albir Gardens for a great holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms in H block are lovely and quiet, we had H2 room 204 slept great every night and great air con.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Beckenham, null, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I agree with a lot of reviews that say that this place could be ok but it is just old. The apartments are very basic which is fine but they are really old. Lots of chips out of the paint work, rips in the bedding, the patio doors didn't close properly, the bar on the balcony was rusty, unfortunately we didn't find out until the rust was on our towels, and the patio furniture was cracked. The kitchen wasn't exactly well equipped - we only had one fork!

The pools were nice and there were plenty of sunbeds and the reception staff were mainly helpful. I can't comment on the food or drink. I didn't really see any entertainment but what I heard seemed pretty bad. It was also very loud (you can hear it in the apartments with the doors and windows shut) so if you don't sleep well or want to go to bed early it wouldn't suit you.

Ablir itself is a little bit like a small Benidorm. The best restaurants are on the seafront on the way to Altea. Altea Old Town was beautiful.

I wouldn't recommend it and I wouldn't stay again as I wish I had spent a little more money and stayed in a nicer place in a better location.

Room Tip: We requested a room not on the ground floor and not near the pool and we ended up on the ground floo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Claire F
Paignton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

After reading some of the previous reviews we decided to make our own mind up and weren't disappointed. Food was lovely,plenty of choice for all tastes. Pools were lovely with a choice of 3, deep, waist height and kids pool. Rooms were clean and showers fantastic. All staff were polite and very helpful. Only downside was entertainment,not much of it and kids club very repetitive. Would return as excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from pool area as noisy at night unless you're up till midnight every night!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nickyl503
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed 28 Sept to 5 Oct self catering.
We decided on this resort because it was cheap and cheerful and had, on the balance good reports on tripadvisor.
We were not disappointed, the room was comfortable, the kitchen reasonably equipped and the rooms slightly outdated but spotlessly clean. The staff were friendly and very professional and the one or two problems we had were rectified immediately. The public areas were well maintained and kept clean and tidy.
As we were self catering we can't comment on the restaurant or bar, but will say that if you don't eat in the resort it is well placed and surrounded by superb restaurants, there is also a very reasonable supermarket opposite and there are several others very close by.
All in all we will come back to Albir Garden because, for the price, it beats expectations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew H
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Read some reviews before I went, which meant that we had mixed thoughts of what the holiday would entail. I went with my wife and 3 children, 9yr, 6yr and 1 yr old. We also went with my in laws who had 2 children 9yrs & 6yrs.

The hotel was pretty good in general, the food was great, more than enough choice for a variety of tastes. Overall we had a great time, everyone enjoyed it and we would definitely consider going back. The weather was great which I think helped.

My only criticism, which is a small one....... was if you are not Spanish then the entertainment is pointless, plus on an evening I got the feeling that the bar tenders would prioritise towards the Spanish guests!!!, but you get served for drinks, so was not an issue!!

Go and enjoy.

Sol Pelicanos Ocas
Sol Pelicanos Ocas
#36 of 191 in Benidorm
4.0 of 5 bubbles 6,537 reviews

Been to Albir Garden Resort? Share your experiences!