All reviews sky bar across the road junior suite nice hotel sea view sea front car park great decor room facilities didn t bother street parking small pool beach towels large balcony enjoyed our stay small road different places
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2019

I stayed here around eighteen months ago,and overall it was fine.So I decided that the next time I was in Guardamar I would call in for a drink.
I really so wished I hadn’t.When I arrived there were two people at the bar,and no one else,they had ordered a gin and tonic.Well what I witnessed after this,you seriously couldn’t even write the script!! It was like watching something from a Mr Bean sketch!! Ok needless to say I wasn’t happy,and after seven minutes waiting to be served,and with three other waiting staff just watching whilst a barman tries to put together a gin and tonic,well I lost the will to live.
I ended up in a very nice beach bar,which was buzzing,I was served in less than thirty seconds,and I’m sure I paid half the price of what I would have paid at Meridional.
Tip Meridional: TRAIN YOUR STAFF!!!

Date of stay: August 2019
Margarita R, Propietario at Hotel Meridional, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2019

Dear Freddie,

We are very sorry that you´re experience didn´t meet your expectations. It is true that 7 minutes to prepare a Gin Tonic is enough but, honestly, we don’t see such a strong complaint. We aren’t a beach bar and we hope that the difference in price can be felt in the quality of our service, and that´s why we ask you for a second chance.

Reviewed August 3, 2019

Overpriced for the smallest hotel room I’ve ever stayed in (excluding Paris).
First impression, reception area tired, white counter with black marks, receptionist with old uniform resembling a cleaners outfit, alarm bells start ringing, is this 4 star......
So disappointed with room absolutely tiny and boiling hot. Reception was not interested in me being unhappy with the room, she just stared at me. I asked for a fan and was told they didn’t have any.
At the end of one of the beds was a fridge, I hit my knee on it in the night.
Table next to other bed which is stuck to wall (see pics) making it difficult for that person to get up in the night.
Air conditioning is a old system, one unit for the whole building, your air comes out of a vent in the ceiling. Impossible to get the room cold so you leave it on all night which sucks out all the moisture in the air and leaves you with flu type symptoms.
Shower door opens if you lean on it by mistake, which is probable because it’s small.
Bathroom floor not washed for whole of stay (I spilt a bit of toothpaste on the first night and it stayed there).
Pool is tiny and very uninviting.
Balcony overlooking car park.
On the whole I hated my stay and never felt comfortable.
I was shown one other room, same small size, balcony looking a wall.
I don’t think this hotel cares about their customers once they’ve received there money!
Positives-close to beach and bar staff very friendly (downstairs) greeting you with a smile unlike reception.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you Trayee, for taking the time writing down your suggestions and complaints. Although some of them do help us improve, there are other comments that we cannot agree with. Bathroom floor is cleaned every day. I don't know how many days you stayed, but we clean bathrooms and rooms every day. Moreover, the air conditioning system was changed two years ago and the hotel was closed for 3 months in order to carry out all the work.
On the other hand, the size of all rooms is adequate for a 4-star hotel, being the size of all facilities in accordance with current regulations.
We feel sorry that your experience wasn’t good, because our aim is that our customers feel like home and return every year. In your case, I fear that we haven’t succeeded.

Reviewed August 2, 2019

our first visit to Guardamar as we normally stay in Alicante old town. this is a nice hotel with lovely views. we upgraded to a suite and it was quite small but bear in mind we have just been travelling in the US where the rooms and beds are huge. we had an issue with the blackout curtain not fitting the window but as we were only there for 3 nights we coped with it. just didn't sleep well once it was light. shower is over the bath and you need o take your own toiletries as they have a a dispenser on the wall instead. breakfast was self serve and the staff worked very hard to keep everything topped up. it was a lovely breakfast, fresh bread and boiled eggs, tomate, hot food selection but we didn't try that, nice fruit and coffee. the sky bar was an added bonus and the waiting staff were excellent. nice and friendly greeting at reception when we arrived also. we had lunch in the restaurant as a waiter recommended their tapas, it wasnt tapas but a set menu, still very good. the pool is private and just across a small road from the hotel, also very nice. i dont recognise a previous review that said it had no character as it was nice and quiet and private. parking is at an extra cost but if you have a car its worth paying if you are there in busy times. this hotel is definitely your best option when staying in Guardamar. its in the residential area and a short walk to shops and restaurants. very small lift btw.

Room tip: go for a suite if you can
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Margarita R, Propietario at Hotel Meridional, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2019

Dear guest,

Firs of all, thank you for choosing Hotel Meridional for your vacations. We are glad that your stay met your expectations. Also we would like to thank such a detailed review of the hotel. It´s nice to read that you liked the breakfast selection, our Sky Bar, on the rooftop of the hotel, with stunning views a creative cocktails, as well as our staff, who likes to make our guests feel like home.
On the other hand, I guess there was some kind of misunderstanding about the tapas, as we actually have 2 restaurants: El Jardín (with daily menu, paella menu and specialties) and Ñam gastrobar (with an amazing selection of creative tapas and cocktails), so I guess they sat you in El Jardin instead of Ñam gastrobar, which we highly recommend to visit in your next trip to the area.

Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

We visited this hotel for four nights, previously saying at beautiful hotels in Barcelona and Valencia with a similar price tag. The hotel is nothing special and vastly overpriced. It’s very basic. The pool area is strange and small with zero character, you even have to pay 16 euro per person (for 30 mins) to use the jacuzzi!!!
Strange for a hotel that was costing us over 300 Euro per night! More fool us .... your better off looking for a basic beach front hotel at half the price as the only tho g good about this place is it’s location.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear gemmat382,

We are sorry that your stay didn’t meet your expectation. Our average price in August (high season) is 160€, so I understand that you were staying in more than one room. It is true that the best of our hotel is the location, in a quiet area, very exclusive and on the beachfront. But we do have completely new facilities, two restaurants highly recommended in international gastronomic guides, a Sky Bar where you can have a drink with stunning sea views and free entertainment. In addition, we have different Spa areas, some of them free for all our guest, like the outdoor salt water pool with waterfall, swan neck water jets and whirlpool. Thank you for your time.

Regards!

Reviewed June 21, 2019

My partner and I have just returned after 5 nights and the location is great.
Staff very helpful and pleasant. Rooms clean and the view from our room 306 looked on to the beach and along the coast.
A short stroll along the beach to restaurants and cafes.
Would definitely recommend a stay if your looking for a hotel in the area.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Margarita R, Propietario at Hotel Meridional, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2019

Dear Shiston,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your vacations, also for reviewing us. We are glad that your stay met your expectations and you liked our staff and the location.

For your next visit, I would recommend you to try our gastrobar Ñam, with a creative tapas concept, to share, in a cosmopolitan and cozy atmosphere with sea views, and a great cocktail selection to pair with the food.

Kind regards!