“Afternoon snack goes bad”
Review of Salamanca

Salamanca
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is a tourist trap. The tomato bread was soggy like it was made in batches. The anchovies were bland and lacked any taste. They were put six on a plate floating in water. The asparagus was placed on top of chopped salad. Looked like out of can. The sangria tasted like something made using a mix and essence.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank thora368
Write a reviewReviews (102)

Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

Party of 6, we were by the beach and had no dinner reservations so thought we’d try Salamanca. It looked nice and had a nice view of the beach and cute blue cloth tablecloths and wicker chairs. That’s about the only good things I can say. Bread was soggy with no taste. No option as they just charge you 1.95 euros. Staff was mediocre. Two of us ordered the salmon. It was very boney and the vegetables were the frozen kind. Two of us had paella. It was ok. One person had rabbit and it was acceptable. We didn’t like that someone comes around offering to take your picture. Worse than that was the guy selling roses, and there was a guy selling jewelry—not the dinner experience we were looking for. Then at the end the waiter had the nerve to point out an appropriate tip amount!!!
Never go here.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank AnnJ_travelr
Reviewed August 28, 2019

What happened between april ( our first visit) and now ????? Rude staff, dirty tables and floor......never again. Too busy to care about customers. So not for me.

Reviewed August 25, 2019 via mobile

Walking by the beaches of Barceloneta we found Salamanca a traditional Barcelona restaurant . According to the hundreds of photos of visitors hanging on the walls, most personalities that visit Barcelona and specially football players had a meal at least once at Salamanca. Food is very good mostly seafood cooked the Catalanian way. Service is good and prices are of a correct level.

Reviewed August 12, 2019

Worst dining experience of my life. My BF and I just arrived to Barcelona and wanted a nice little dinner on the Barceloneta w/ views of the sunet. This restaurant looks lively so the hostess show us to our table. We asked if we can have the empty table on the side and he was fine with it. We sat down at the table and waited 15 minutes before a waiter can over. When the waiter came over, he immediately yelled at us and shouted "NO, YOU CAN'T SIT HERE. THIS TABLE IS FOR 4". I was surprised and shocked at his tone and how he yelled at us. I proceeded to tell him that the hostess said it was fine we can sit here. You can tell the waiter was not happy and was very much upset by this. Maybe he was just having a really bad day. He checked with the hostess who said it was fine since we were already sitting there and has been there for a while. He ignored us for a few minutes more before finally coming back over with some menus for us. The entire experience after that was awful. He was passive aggressive and quite rude with us and asked us to repeat our orders several times even tho he heard us clearly. He barely tended to our table and kept making smart remarks.

He made us feel uncomfortable and was rude the entire time. I did not come to a fancy restaurant to receive this kind of disrespect.
I will never come back here again.