I can't add much to the very accurate review of 25th Sept 2012, which is excellent. We stayed for a few days in Block 9, having a great view out over Platja D'Aro to the ocean.
I have played the golf course a number of times and it is a real treat - great condition and views to die for!! I'm a low handicap golfer so it might prove more of a challenge and quite 'tight' for occasional golfers!! Take enough balls:) There is a choice of 9 and 18 holes. Plus an excellent driving range and practice area which my wife and myself have used extensively over a number of trips out to that region.
The restaurant is 'good' with great views and both breakfast and dinner were fine. As a total treat why not take yourself along the 'spine' of the mountain, turning left out of the resort, away from Platja and 10 mins drive will get you, minding the potholes!, to the 14th century village of Romanya de la Selva where the superb Can Roquet restaurant awaits you! One of our favourites around the world! So unexpected to come across in the location - a secret gem.
The best local beaches are to be found south at St. Pol, where the walk around the headland of millionaires' houses is great, then going north up the coast to the 5kms of sand and promenade at St. Antoni, then Castell beach followed by the stunning coves around Calella - all less than 25mins on the excellent C-31 dual carriageway.
I would recommend Mas Nou for a family break, but most especially for a one or two night couple's stopover, especially in the off season where a great deal can be had online (we had a one bed self catering apt, for just over €50 a night!)
Will CERTAINLY return!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort lies in the middle of the "Club de Golf d'Aro" golf course on a 325 m high plateau. Tee off right after breakfast, improve your technique at golf school or visit Barcelona to see the amazing works of Gaudi and Picasso. Walk in the Empordan nature reserve, discover the volcanic landscape of La Garrotxa of enjoy the beach and the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hapimag Resort Mas Nou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hapimag Resort - Mas Nou / Costa Brava Hotel Platja d`Aro
- Hapimag Resort Mas Nou Costa Brava/Platja D'Aro, Spain