We arrived today (30/10) on an EasyJet 5 day deal.
For the 2 of us £340 for 4 nights/5 days staying at Caleta Palace, Platja D'Aro inclusive of flights & breakfast.
Initial thoughts of the hotel? Welcoming at reception. Helpful staff at the room (key got stuck).
The room is very basic (511) and the whole place is a bit 'second hand' and grubby.
However, you have to take into account the price paid. It's cheap. We were after a cheap break and our expectations have been met!
If you are expecting the hotel to cater to your every need, entertain you, feed you to a high standard and envelop you in 4 star 'all inclusive' luxury for £40 a night then you are a moron.
We had a good wander around today and many shops and restaurants are closed for the season. This is to be expected. It's the end of the season!!
Hire a car for £100. It's cheaper for a start. Europcar at Barcelona were fantastic. Took 10 mins to get our VW Polo (booked online). Took our own Tom Tom. Navigated to Calella for a stop & breakfast (with lager) & then on to Platja D'Aro. 2 hours and an easy drive along the coast.
With a car, Girona is an easy strike. Also Tossa, Lloret, St Filoux, Palamos and Barcelona.
We struggled to find a decent bite to eat in Platja D'Aro. This was due to our timing t.b.h (late afternoon). It appears that most places open after 6pm. Should be OK after this time.
Plenty of banks/cash points in the town.
Also a 'Carrefort' and 'Lidl' supermarket nearby for essentials (beer/wine/tasty bar snacks!)
Some people have whined about queues at the bar for all inclusive drinks.
At the Supermarket you can get a half-decent bottle of wine for e3 & cans of San Miguel for e0.50 so just a thought, get out of the hotel and buy a few bottles/cans?
This would help avoid the queues!
It's not a great hotel, although being right on the beach is a bonus (as long as u get the right weather), but it's an ok place for a short break / place to sleep.
Don't expect 4 star standards because it just isn't 4 star.
Alright for the money.
I wouldn't advise staying here with no 'Escape' options for a week out of season t.b.h. Very limited entertainment options in Platja D'Aro..., although plenty of shops and a funfair (open in season).
Must have = A Car really or you will get bored quickly. We saw a lot of people reading books in the foyer - not a good sign! Kids running riot un-supervised mid-afternoon.
Amusements - v. Poor.
Restaurant / Breakfast - we'll see in the morning (not hopeful t.b.h but benefit of the doubt and all that.....)!
Tim and Pat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- H·TOP Caleta Palace hotel is located in the lively city of Platja d’Aro, Costa Brava (north-east coast of Spain) and has a direct access to the beach. The 300-room offer Mediterranean beach views and a relaxed environment perfect for singles, couples and families. It is situated 110 Km from Barcelona – El Prat Airport and 32 Km from Girona Airport. Platja d’Aro is a fairly small town that attracts many tourists as it has many things to do for the entire family: shops, colorful cafes, traditional Catalan restaurants, and entertainment attractions including water parks (Aqua Diver), funfairs and playgrounds. FACILITIES (COMPROBAT x Montse) Rooms • Social room (ping pong, billard, etc.) • Restaurant • Bar • Swimming pool • Sun terraces Children • Miniclub • Playground • Baby cots and chairs Staff • 24 hour Front Desk services • Multilingual staff • Housekeeping • Tour desk Others • Facilities for guests with disabilities • Car hire* • Fax & copy service* • Air-conditioning • Heating • Safe boxes* • Wi-Fi* • TV plasma • Fridge • Luggage storage • Showers for check-out • Lifts • Bikes & quadricycles* • Parking* *Some of these services are extra or require a deposit (ask at the Hotel) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your H.TOP Caleta Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caleta Palace Hotel Platja d`Aro
- Caleta Palace Platja d Aro
- H.TOP Caleta Palace Costa Brava/Platja D'Aro, Spain