We went on a fairly last minute break as we were so sick on our weather! Very pleasantly surprised at hotel, after reading a few moans on here was expecting the worst but found it to be a very nice hotel, very clean, our room smelt of bleach when we got here so they do a thorough job!
Food is ok, a big repetitive but plenty of it, they could crisp the bacon up a bit though! All the staff in the restaurant were very pleasant. I think there could be a bit more choice for non meat eaters , but lovely to have lots of very fresh fish, very nicely cooked. my other half was delighted at the dessert table, different coloured 'mush' as we called the various desserts! Not sure how to describe the not quite blancmange/mousse on offer! Everything is presented beautifully , and lovely linen on the tables, however watch out for dirty coffee cups!
The only disappointment really was the bar, at previous all inclusive hotels there were always cocktails on offer, here there was only one cocktail a day, but as we are not huge drinkers we mainly stuck to wine and soft drinks.
The snack bar was ok, although a few buns for the burgers on offer wouldn't go amiss
The pool area is beautiful, plenty of loungers, although we were there very early in the season, and it's lovely being so close
to he beach. The views are quite stunning, with lovely walks around the coastline to beautiful coves. The sea was too chilly for a swim but we braved a paddle!
The town itself is lovely, very few 'tack shops' and some very nice shops, and lovely restaurants, we did eat out one night at ' levant' which we can highly recommend, we had the 18.50 Menu, excellent value, and lovely food.
It's a lovely beach with a nice promenade, with a few lovely sculptures on the way, the boy with a boat is charming.
we walked along to the Marina one day , in search if a Supermarket we'd looked up on Google, as I wanted to take a few foodie bits home, but it had been demolished and very posh waterside apartments were in its place .
I think if you were self catering in the area you'd need a car as there are only quite small supermarkets in the town.We realised too late the hotel actually provided packed lunches on request! Which would have been nice when we went to the beach.
We did say if we go back here that we wouldn't get a taxi transfer as it was expensive for such a short journey (30mins) but hire a car so we could explore.
It seems to be a very nice safe place to walk around, even at night, but I imagine it must get much busier in high season.
we would definitely go back the hotel and the town itself, we were very impressed at how very well kept the surroundings are.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- H·TOP Caleta Palace hotel is located in the lively city of Platja d’Aro, Costa Brava (north-east coast of Spain) and has a direct access to the beach. The 300-room offer Mediterranean beach views and a relaxed environment perfect for singles, couples and families. It is situated 110 Km from Barcelona – El Prat Airport and 32 Km from Girona Airport. Platja d’Aro is a fairly small town that attracts many tourists as it has many things to do for the entire family: shops, colorful cafes, traditional Catalan restaurants, and entertainment attractions including water parks (Aqua Diver), funfairs and playgrounds. FACILITIES (COMPROBAT x Montse) Rooms • Social room (ping pong, billard, etc.) • Restaurant • Bar • Swimming pool • Sun terraces Children • Miniclub • Playground • Baby cots and chairs Staff • 24 hour Front Desk services • Multilingual staff • Housekeeping • Tour desk Others • Facilities for guests with disabilities • Car hire* • Fax & copy service* • Air-conditioning • Heating • Safe boxes* • Wi-Fi* • TV plasma • Fridge • Luggage storage • Showers for check-out • Lifts • Bikes & quadricycles* • Parking* *Some of these services are extra or require a deposit (ask at the Hotel) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your H.TOP Caleta Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caleta Palace Hotel Platja d`Aro
- Caleta Palace Platja d Aro
- H.TOP Caleta Palace Costa Brava/Platja D'Aro, Spain