All reviews animation team rugby trip bus station lunch and dinner young child five minute walk lovely evening main entertainment htop hotel changed everyday face painting rooms were cleaned daily local drinks holiday hotel caletta palace four star until midnight
Selected filters
Reviewed September 3, 2019

This hotel is located close to the shops in the centre of Platja d’Aro. It is also not far from the beach (a ten minute walk). The staff were really helpful and gave us many useful information. The animation team was led by Miguel, who we really thank for his commitment throughout our stay. The night shows were really entertaining. The room was comfortable and clean. It had a fridge, a safe and air-conditioning system. The food that was served at the restaurant was really tasty and varied. If you stay more than 3 nights you can opt for the ‘all inclusive’ or the ‘all inclusive gold’ packages. The advantage is that these options are also valid in the other HTop hotel in Platja d’Aro, which stands right at the beach and is a 20-minute walk away. If it worth going there as that beach is close to several lovely inlets.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed August 20, 2019 via mobile

I had visit this hotel in the Month July. It was okay... Some employees were super grumpy and Some super happy. The cleaning service did not speak a word of English... Very disappointing

The room was very clean. It was big enough for 1 person. The airco was working well. Nothing to complain about the room.

The swimmingpool was nice to.

Only the All in clusive system was a little bit weird. I had to pay for water?? That seems a little bit crazy.

So I rated 3 stars.
I don’t know if I would come back here.
Maybey and maybey not.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2019 via mobile

Read the reviews and went with an open mind...
Good points: Staff who worked the bars and restaurant worked incredibly hard and were always friendly and helpful. We were there for 10 days and it was the same staff Breakfast, lunch and dinner for the whole 10 days. They were great with my young Son and nothing was too much trouble.
Rooms were cleaned daily and were absolutely spotless with fresh clean towels. Little touches like the cleaner placing my Sons toys all neatly in his travel cot was much appreciated...she even tucked his teddy in like he was asleep.
Food was nice and fresh however, breakfast "full English" was always just warm and not hot, even when we were there at first service and...by day 5 we were all bored of the same things.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF YOU ARE A VEGETARIAN!! Vegetarian to Spanish just means no meat. I picked up what looked like a beautiful stuffed Avocado that was also labelled "Vegetarian". Mixed in with the vegetables was Tuna and Prawns!
The pool was cleaned every morning at 7am and sun beds were jet washed too which was nice to see. Pool opened at 9am and bang on the dot a serge of people would grab the beds. Unfortunately there was no where near enough beds to accommodate even half the hotel. The pool was absolutely freezing all day every day....and I mean freezing! We have been to many resorts all over the world and I've never known a pool so cold! The pool itself is very small. Again no where near big enough to accommodate the size of the hotel. It got very crowded very quick. And I dont think the fountain has worked in years!
Entertainment....well what can I say! Saw very little of the "Crew" and apart from a couple of nights where there was live music and one night of flamenco dancing not a lot was on. On our 2nd day they had water volley ball which our children wanted to do. A member of the crew threw a ball in and walked off. A "Tropical Party" was advertised on the events board which sounded good. A table was set up outside for cocktail making in the day time however, no crew members appeared and it was taken down after 30 minutes.

The last few days seemed to be a bit more active when a colouring table was put at the back of the pool and they had face painting on. Considering it was in peak season I think more effort from the "Crew" could have been made.

We had a problem with our room on the 5th day when we woke up to a strong smell like ammonia. We alerted the reception staff and we were told they had a problem with the aircon. We had family members in another room just down the hall but everything in their room was fine. The head maid came up and said she couldnt smell anything, told us to open the door and she put some air freshener round. We left the room for most of the day and on returning, the smell was just awful and there was no way we were sleeping in that smell especially with a young child. We again told the reception staff and with no hesitation, they moved us to another room which was very much appreciated. All delt with fast and no fuss.

All in all we had a good holiday. Hotel was wonderfully clean and staff were great. Just wish the food was a bit more exciting, a little more entertainment and pool was slightly bigger.... and warmer.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Crazymand79
Reviewed July 7, 2019

i have just returned from 4 nights here and can honestly say there was no aspect of the holiday i didnt enjoy. There were a lot of children or kids there to be fair but alot seemed to be on school trips or something and werent around for most of the day, which as i wanted relaxation did help. Was relatively busy around the pool but didnt find it so busy as i couldnt get a sunbed.
I am quite fussy with food from a personal point of view but always found something i could eat at meals, and in between meals the snack bar was always available with fruit juices, burgers, chips, bacon (not normal bacon but to have some surprised me), as well as rolls fruit hot dogs etc running whenever it was breakfast lunch or dinner (also fried eggs at breakfast for me was a big plus)
Alot of the staff don't speak great english but we are in Spain and i assure you its better than my Spanish. I genuinely can't say enough positive things about the younger staff having personally spoke to Hennah who was lovely, Kinga who had only started the day we arrived but was again absolutely lovely and spent time engaging with us and chatting as she worked and couldnt have been better, However the star of the show was Ivan, his handle of english, french, spanish and whatever you need is brilliant, always smiling and happy to help in every area we needed it. These guys are a credit to the hotel and the future of making it even better, if you do happen to go here please say hello to the staff as they really did help make the days much better.
I also enjoyed the entertainment on some nights, others are a little slow and very spanish rather than geared towards english patrons, but again you get involved as much as you want to, i had a lovely evening learning spanish dancing before getting them all back up to do some air guitar to bon jovi, the people and places are what you make it, get involved and laugh and they will join you
Overall i would go back again tomorrow, with no hesitation at all...........

Room tip: corner sweets have a larger balcony, always get balcony and can watch shows from there if you wanted a quiet night
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Jamie M
Reviewed July 5, 2019

I stayed in the Platja Park Hotel, from the 21st June to the 28th June. My first impression was good, efficient check-in and our room was upgraded because of my years in the travel industry. Room was basic but spotlessly clean. Unfortunately, the shower, which is attached to the bath taps, was hanging off and flooded the bathroom floor. Once I reported, the lovely cleaner, Angelica, was with me, mopping the floor and gave us fresh towels. I was advised by reception, a maintenance person would fix it, which, subsequently was by the next day. The breakfast was wonderful with plenty of variety. The dinner was just okay in my opinion. A lot of fish and pork,that I am not a lover of. Lovely pasta and sauces and the desserts were just delicious. The pool area is lovely and not a bit rowdy. Many families and couples there. I have to say though, I was very disappointed with the entertainment both during the day and evening time. I wish to single out Mara, the receptionist, who looked after us very well. There is one huge complaint I have to submit. I have waited seven days for it to be resolved or some kind of communication from the Hotel. As I have not received it, my good feeling about this Hotel and to recommend to family and friends has gone. In the taxi on the way to the Airport last Friday 28th June at 1740, I discovered I left my gold dress ring in the safe, which would have been open for about 40 minutes as we had just left the room at 1700. Immediately I informed the taxi driver and he tried ringing the Hotel reception but got no answer. I got in touch with my travel agent in Ireland, Strand Travel and they sent an e-mail to you at 1740, explaining the situation and my room number 140.I e-mailed you the next day when I returned to Ireland. There has been phone-calls and subsequent e-mails to you and not one reply. I am so disappointed and upset as this ring was given to me by my 96 year old Mother, who, incidentally, was hospitalised last Saturday. I am terrified she is going to notice that I am not wearing the ring. I joined the travel industry in 1980 and the most important aspect of it is delivering EXCELLENT customer service...Platja Park, you have let me down

Date of stay: June 2019