Hotel Planamar
Hotel NM Suites(Platja d'Aro)
$164
$126
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $192/night.

$186
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Spa La Terrassa(Platja d'Aro)(Great Value!)
$97
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $141/night.

Hotel Els Pins(Platja d'Aro)(Great Value!)
$95
Savings alert! 48% below average rates

The price you found is 48% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

Hotel Aromar(Platja d'Aro)
$168
$128
  • Beachfront
Hotel Costa Brava(Platja d'Aro)(Great Value!)
$111
Park Hotel San Jorge(Platja d'Aro)
$172
$135
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $195/night.

Hotel Bell Repos(Platja d'Aro)(Great Value!)
$85
$80
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

$139
  • Restaurant
Salles Hotel & Spa Cala del Pi(Platja d'Aro)
$449
$386
All reviewsrooftop solariumlovely hotelgreat locationside sea viewcosta bravapromenadeshowerfridgebalcony
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one week and I cannot fault it in any way. It is in a great position on the beach with a lovely restaurant on the pavement in the front of it. It is very close to the centre and is convenient for the bus station if you wish to travel during your stay.
It is very clean and well equipped and the reception staff could not be more pleasant and helpful. They are really great. The food is very good and the swimming pool on the roof is lovely and so nicely set out. Would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Skymaid
88panama, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Planamar, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Skymaid,
we really appreciate a lot your comment and we are glad to know that your stay has been enjoyable.
During the last three years we are working constantly to renew and upgrade our facilities to ensure a flawless experience, know that it is a recognizable it's a very important source of motivation
Wating to you soon.
Kind regards,
Hotel Planamar,

Reviewed September 25, 2011

The selection of food available was very poor and cold , same food every day , didnt matter what time you arrived for meals it was cold or luke warm . very dissapointed ,all though the staff were very nice and friendly.entertainment very poor and seating uncomfortable ..no snack bar just sandwiches behind the bar . east midlands

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank ybbob19
MaiteR217, Gerente at Hotel Planamar, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Thank you, your comments will help us to continue improving

Reviewed August 21, 2011

There seems to be some confusion in the reviews for this hotel. There is no train station in Platj d'Aro and no train tracks. From Barcelona you need to take the SARFA bus, and the SARFA bus station is very close to the hotel, about a five minute walk.

The hotel is right on the main beach. The only thing between the hotel and the main beach is the Passeig Maritim, which is basically an esplanade -- excellent for morning walks. I discovered that I actually prefer the smaller Cala Rovira beach which you can walk to along the esplanade, about 10 mins.

The room was fine, and well cleaned each day. The bathroom was a bit too small for my tastes, but other than that, no problem. Also, there was a lot of storage for your bags. To use the safe in your room you need to rent a lock and key from the front desk. This is common in one- and two-star hotels in Spain and drives me crazy. The last thing I want, when going to the beach, is a key to worry about. I wish they would install the keypad operated safes and charge an extra two Euros a day! I took a side balcony room, judging the premium you had to pay for a sea-facing room to be too much. I got a north side room and was very pleased with the view (you can see the sea, but only with a side view).

I took the B&B option, although they offer half and full board. Breakfast was okay -- about normal for Spain, except for the coffee which was a bit below average. Coffee in Spanish hotels is usually very good and the coffee here was okay, but not up to Spanish standards. They had bacon and eggs which is not always the case in Spain, plus the usual sliced meats and cheese, croissants and other baked goods.

The front desk people were friendly and helpful, in Spanish. I heard no English spoken in the hotel, either at the front desk or in the breakfast room. The hotel is mostly Spanish and Catalan speaking guests, with some French. I don't know how many front desk people speak English, as I speak passable Spanish, but I'm guessing not everyone on the desk speaks English. One night I was talking to my wife in English and about to get a bottle of water from the machine when the man on the desk very helpfully told me it would be a lot cheaper to pop down to the bar and buy it there -- in Spanish. Usually in major Spanish tourist areas hotel people speak English to me the minute they hear my accent. By the way, this is not a criticism -- I prefer to speak Spanish. It's a warning for people for whom English speaking front desk people is an important consideration.

The roof pool is very small -- just for children, really. The beds and chaises longues on the roof were very nice and fairly plentiful. I didn't try the exercise room.

The wi-fi connection in the room worked pretty well. TV was limited.

The only other comment is that this hotel is very serious about providing wheelchair access. Lots of hotels pay lip service, but here they really did a good job. I don't need wheelchair access but if you do, I think you will be impressed.

If I'm ever in Platja d'Aro again I'll look at hotels on the Cala Rovira beach first, strictly for locational preference. If none look appealing I'll definitely stay at the Planmar again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank FormerlyBCBoy3

Thanks for giving your opinion, motivates us to continue offering an excellent service to our customers

Reviewed July 5, 2011

It was simply an amazing vacation. The hotel was in an amazing location, right infront of the sea, the stuff were extremely friendly, the room was spottless clean and the roof with its view were oustanding. I would stay in the same hotel for sure. The hotel was in the middle of the beach with a 2 mins walking distance to the center and the bars/shopping area and 20 seconds to the beach. I was very surprised that its a 2 star hotel and that cheap

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank alloosh

We are very happy to know that your experience at our hotel was perfect

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Traveled with wife and two kids . Check in was fast and location was great but then it whent down hill food was the same all the time and only warm , snacks just left in the sun all day ( sandwich & chips ) beer and wine watered down . Entertainment was a disco every night with the exception of dancers one night . You have no problem getting a sunbed as everyone goes the beach or other h top hotels ( free bus )

• Stayed: August 2010