2,174 results
All reviews sea view costa brava mediterranean sea bottle of champagne breakfast was excellent lovely location walk into town amazing hotel reception staff nice beach relaxing break high season in summary bars and restaurants beaches terrace spa
Selected filters
Reviewed November 15, 2016

On day of departure I paid my account by Credit Card the receptionist used the portable card machine to input details I input the pin number and was advised there was no signal. I was then asked to use another card machine and this was accepted. I queried the first transaction and was assured that it had not been activated and that any over payment would be immediately re-credited to my card account.
On returning to the UK I checked with my bank and was advised that two differing amounts had been debited (two debits of approx. 800 Euros each).
I immediately phoned the hotel and they requested email evidence of the over payment on my credit card statement which I provided.
Since then I have sent several emails (none of which have had the courtesy of a reply) I have made several phone conversations with the Hotel Manager (Charlie) in which I was assured that payment would be re-credited to my account. The Manager did phone me on one occasion but only requested full details of my credit card account, which I thought suspicious as they already had the full details to be able to make the refund.
After checking with my Bank they advised I provide the Hotel with limited account details which I did by email.
Since then and I have sent more emails to the Hotel, which again they have failed to even acknowledge. Despite continued assurances by the Hotel manager this saga has continued for over two months and no positive action or payment has been made by this so called 5* hotel. I am still owed approximately 800 Euros and the Hotel has provided no written correspondence (emails) of their position.
PLEASE BEWARE WHEN SETTLING YOUR ACCOUNT !!!!!!

Date of stay: September 2016
1  Thank wasleybh
SilkenSanJorge, Director de Recepción at Park Hotel San Jorge, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2016

Good afternoon Mr. Wasley,

First of all we want to apologize again for all the troubles caused to you with this overcharge. (it was a technical problem from our system).But after contacting you, all has been solved.
We understand that both have comunication problems with wrong email adress that made even more difficult to solve it sooner.
Apart from that we hope that you had enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope that you can come again to the hotel!!
Best Regards

Carles Martínez
Reception Manager

Reviewed November 4, 2016 via mobile

On our trip we stopped for just one night at this hotel. The plan was sleep, get up next morning, enjoy the sunrise, get some breakfast and move on. This lived very much up to our expectations.

We came late, and the check in clerk immediately offered free parking as we were only staying one night. We gladly accepted. The room was, despite a tad small, very nice, with comfortable bed, nice bathroom, tub, and everything in a nice stone and wood finish.

Th sea view we paid extra for was definitely worth it, getting up at 7 we could enjoy the sunrise as the small balcony was directly facing east.

The breakfast reviels that many French people are staying in this area. It was a mix of French and Spanish items, but still very good. All the public places of the hotel was nicely looking, clean and all in all just very enjoyable.

For a 4 star hotel, this is very much a 4 star hotel. Can recommend.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SilkenSanJorge, Responsable de Calidad at Park Hotel San Jorge, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2016

Such a friendly and enthusiastic review encourages us to continue working on this and allows us to motivate our team to always keep the smile. Thank you very much, we hope to have the opportunity to see you soon again at the San Jorge!

Reviewed October 28, 2016

We stayed for a much needed 4 night break at the end of October. Great sea views from the room and a lovely private cove. You can walk directly along a coastal path into the town which was amazing, but a lot more work than walking along the road. Hotel staff friendly and breakfast was very good. The only negative was that a lot of restaurants in town were shut as it was out of season.

Room tip: Pay for the sea view!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Clare S
SilkenSanJorge, Responsable de Calidad at Park Hotel San Jorge, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2016

Your kind words encourage us to continue working on this line, thank you very much and hope you come back soon to the San Jorge! In summer you will find all the restaurants in town open!

Reviewed October 27, 2016 via mobile

This is a great hotel on a stunning coastal path with direct access to perfect beaches in little coves. The price (out of season at least) is very reasonable for a bit of luxury. Great pool and Spa, beautiful terraces for an evening cocktail. Super breakfast! In the end it's all about the view so do not make the mistake of booking a room over the car park.

1  Thank 601antonl
SilkenSanJorge, Responsable de Calidad at Park Hotel San Jorge, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2016

Thank you for your visit! We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay! We always recomend to book a room with sea views to enjoy of the beautiful situation that we have. We hope to see you again here at San Jorge!

Reviewed October 24, 2016 via mobile

We stayed for a few days after a trip to Barcelona. Hotel is on a beautiful cove and upgrading to a sea view was well worth it. Once the sea calmed down after a storm, it was a short walk to the beach and some lovely sun bathing. Word of warning... Don't get even close to the beach if the sea is rough (one change of clothes later after being on the steps about 15 ft up). Food was good in the restaurant, but perhaps a little over priced. The experience of dining was not great though as the poor staff were so so rushed there was no time for them to give you the full experience as they flew around the room. It felt too hectic and didn't make me want to eat again. Same experience at breakfast... They just need a few extra people (3 isn't enough for around 200 people).

Otherwise good comms from reception around how to reach the hotel from the train station and saved money on expensive taxis vs a bus.

Regarding travel, if you do decide to get the bus to Platja D'Aro, the Safra bus runs every hour from Girona and Is only 11 euros for 2 people vs a 70 euro taxi... Worth considering. If you come that way be warned as a taxi in Platya D'Aro from the bus station to the hotel (about a mile) will be more expensive than your 25 mile bus journey. Taxis are a bit of a rip off here! The hotel is just a bit too far to walk with cases so unfortunately taxis are a must.

Recommend you pack ear plugs as the walls are quite thin in the hotel. Either that or we had exceptionally noisy neighbours...a hard of hearing French couple???

Staff all speak good English and French. Will recommend the hotel to friends and family. Thanks.

1  Thank 126justinh

Thank you for your review and visit! All feedback helps us to improve our services and installations as it is considered as an opportunity to get better. For next year we are going to improve some rooms so we take your comment into account and we hope to welcome you back in the future!