“Nothing special”

Hotel Ciudad de Castelldefels
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Castelldefels
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We stayed here one night before leaving Spain from Barcelona airport. The proximity to the airport was the reason we chose Castelldefels, because our flight was early in the morning and we didn't want to drive for a long time. The hotel is 10 minutes drive from the airport, so it was a good choice. The hotel itself looked great when we entered the lobby, but the room was a big disappointment. It was dated, the beds were very uncomfortable and old, a/c was not efficient at all, and the bathroom was filthy. For 150 Euro per night I expected much more.
Castelldefels itself is very touristic with no special charm. I see no reason to stop there, except the proximity to the airport. I you want a nice beach resort you will do much better in the north of the Costa Brava.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank 12345Haifa

Reviewed September 25, 2011

The hotel is rather good! Quality is felt in all: in bed-clothes, cloths at restaurant, foodstuff, in all trifles.
Rooms spacious and comfortable with the big bathrooms and cozy balconies
Close from a beach.
Far from railway station, but a bus stop in 10 minutes of walking.
The personnel is affable and competent.
The breakfast-buffet is good-quality. Parkings in hotel are not present, but always it is possible to find a free parking in the street nearby to hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mfs78
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Two friends and I stayed here for a 3 night long weekend visit to Barcelona. It was a perfect place to stay. Easy public transportation to Barcelona, one block from a great beach, and bars and restaurants were all within an easy walking distance. The rooms were large and clean and the staff was very polite and helpful. We ate the breakfast one morning and it was plentiful though certainly not gourmet. My next trip to Barcelona will again include at stay here as I was very satisfied. And the price was great.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank dilemma09
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is a difficult one to review. On one hand we were very satisfied with the hotel and our room - good size, very clean and excellent air conditioning. However, this was completely off-set by the terrible service we received in the restaurant. The attitude of the head waiter was appalling - he could barely conceal his contempt at having to serve us! The hotel's loss as we gave up and chose to take every meal elsewhere (including breakfast!). Another problem was that the hair-dryer was broken - and every day we were told it would be fixed (for 5 days!). Holiday enjoyment includes dressing up and going out feeling great - not walking into restaurants with a wet pony-tail like a 12-year old! My husband had to make a HUGE fuss to get any resolution. On leaving they offered us a €15 rebate. Frankly, I wish they had just nipped out and bought a new hair-dryer in the first place! So sadly, overall the experience was very mixed, but we would definitely not go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alison L
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I stayed here for just one day before travelling with friends. I wanted a hotel in a reasonably lively location and within easy reach of the airport. This fitted the bill nicely. The hotel is near the bars and restaurants, and an easy walk from the huge sandy beach.
I found the staff to be polite and friendly. My room (32) was on the ground floor overlooking the pool- a nice pool but lacking in shade. The room itself was huge for a single; in fact I'm guessing it was an upgrade, but even for 2 people it would be large. It is very modern and I found it to be spotlessly clean.
My only negative feelings about the hotel would be a lack of charm and character. If you are looking for something functional and comfortable in a good location then its fine, but I'm not sure I would want to spend more than a few days there as its a bit sterile.
All in all, excellent value for a little over 60 Euro.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank DullDave
Reviewed May 30, 2011

My Family and I stayed at this Hotel for two nights before boarding our Cruise Ship 23/05/11.
Prior to our arrival we emailed the hotel to ask for directions to the port via Train. The Hotel emailed back almost instantly with directions to the train station. They also stated which train to get making our journey as straight forward as could be.
The stay was pleasant with no problems to report. The staff were friendly and very helpfull.
I would reccommend this Hotel to friends, family and anyone thinking of booking with this Hotel.
I stayed at the 4* Luna Alpinus, Portugal 03/05/11 with the All-Inclusive being a complete rip-off! The bar staff were also rude (read my full review).
My point being one should never choose a hotel by the 'Star' rating as Luna Alpinus was 4* and this particular Hotel 'Ciudad De Castelldefels' I believe was a 3*, however I feel it should be a 4/5* with Luna Alpinus being a 2* at most!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ccbk11
Reviewed April 25, 2011

The hotel itself was modern and clean. But the Hotel staff's attitude was quite rude. No smile.....At the breakfast the hotel staff were in bad mood and did not greet at all (an elder lady and a man) . We thought they have a lot of work therefore under stress....but we are travellers and want to enjoy our vacation and have a good morning. We stayed another hotels around Barcelona.....but unfortunately this " Ciudad de Castelldefels" was the worst because of the rude attitude of some hotel employees.....even though the hotel has nice clean rooms and is in good location. We can not recommend any other people and we will not choose thie hotel next time.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family