“excellent food at reasonable price”
Review of Restaurante Amar

Restaurante Amar
Ranked #1 of 356 Restaurants in Castelldefels
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2014

we had a lunch menu, starter: tender octopus
main course: yummy spanish cod, a delicious homemade iogurt dessert, all with a hole bottle of white wine for 2 pax.. even they gave us a welcoming drink included on a 13€ Menu!! u cant beat that! ;)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,162)

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I had dinner with my boyfriend on a Friday night. We had the calamares a la Andaluza and salad with langostines. The calamares were very good, but the salad was a bit basic and the shrimps were small.
As a main we had a solomillo with green pepper sauce and a lubina a la plancha. The meet was good, the sauce ok and the french fries soggy. The fish was very nice and tastily grilled, but for my taste a bit too salty.
Finally, the deserts were good (ice cream and an orange chocolate cake).
All in all, our meal was good, but after reading the reviews I had expected a bit more. Very friendly staff though.

1  Thank Barbulet
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We visited this restaurant last June after finding it on Trip Advisor. This time we visited it four times and everything excelled. Went with family and believe me when I say we tried a lot of dishes and it was all superb and topped off with great service in a lovely environment. Dishes like Gambas langostineras,paella marinera,bacalao donsottiarra cod, roquefort steak,ensalada salmon,calamaries andaluza,zarzuela pescado,gambas andaluza,bacalao musselina cod,langostinos costa,rodaballo cod and sea bass cooked in salt finished off and filleted at your table. Super selection of wines but we enjoyed Vaquos crianza at 14.50 euros and cava sangria at 9.50 euros.
When seated the menu soon arrives together with a complimentary glass of Cava which is a nice touch followed by a complimentary sharing starter dish like smoked salmon on tostas.It was so enjoyable to dine at the Amar and be attended to by people who really care about your whole dining experience. Reasonably priced in comparison with other restaurants in the resort.It certainly deserves its number one spot. Definitely a restaurant to return to when we visit this resort again. Make a reservation though on Friday and Saturday to be certain of a table as they do get busy from 9.00pm

4  Thank JBG1
Reviewed July 1, 2014

After a long, evening beach walk, I finally found a restaurant worth exploring. It was actually fully booked, but in no time at all, they magically placed another table and chair in the restaurant for me.

The fish soup starter was amazing with lots of "goodies". The main course consisted of large tasty gambas (tiger prawns), all twelve (!) of them. The cold white wine accompanying the food was just right. The servings were substantial to the point that I had to let the sweets trolley pass me by. The meal was rounded off with a double espresso and a complementary digestive. A delightful evening meal.

1  Thank dinkytoys
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Highly recommended from start to finish. You are made to feel welcome from start to finish Food great atmosphere great. Family run and shows. They are very proud if their food. We will return