“a night surrounding Barcelona during a 2 days trip”

Gran Hotel Rey Don Jaime
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Castelldefels
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Quiet room, clean and nice. No moquette at the floor (I prefer) quite nice furniture. Big restroom with many free accessories (soap, shampoo, slippers, comb etc...). Restaurant and bar outside the main building (50 mts) in a wonderful location, great landscape and the swimming pool just beside the historic 1700 military tower.

Room Tip: East side rooms got a wonderful sight on the landscape
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
GSoteras, Propietario at Gran Hotel Rey Don Jaime, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Customer

We appreciate your positive comments about our hotel. The truth that we always want to improve and try to make customers feel at home during their periods of leisure.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This hotel has one of the best locations and the view is really great(little difficult to find without GPS). Some details, make that the time we spend there to not be perfect, the PRICE and personnel attitude. We paid 88 Euro per day/room, but this price was not included more than room’s facilities (not really four stars as pretended), access at SPA and Swimming Pool, Internet wireless (only in public areas, not in the rooms, as per presentation). Minimum, the breakfast must be included in this price. Also, some of the personnel staff, have really hostile attitude, a kind of humiliation after they get your money and this is not correct. We been in many other places and hotels, but here the attitude against the tourists is really bad. More than that, Spanish personnel, have not elementary knowledge about foreign language (English). The other nationalities personnel are better in communication and attitude as well. I can recommend the hotel for location, quiet and Swimming Pool facilities, but not more than that.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear customer,

We welcome your comments, and we want to convey our concern for them, which already made ​​and seek and perform a thorough survey of our management systems so that events do not happen again as we described.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Staff not overly friendly. Rooms decent, seemingly only a few have nice views.
Good breakfast.
Pool area very lovely; unfortunately the old ruin is fenced off with no explanation.
Rather far from Barcelona; trains run every 30 mins.

Dear customer:

Reviewed September 21, 2013

While the hotel itself was nice and the staff in general we're very nice and polite on checking out there had been some confusion with someone placing room service on my room I checked the invoices and the name didn't even resemble mine but the two male reception staff began ranting and shouting pointing in my face and saying they would phone the police to which I said fine and again tried to explain that the name was not mine, they said they didn't know my signature and that it was someone I knew who had tried to put room service and drinks on my room, luckily someone recognised this persons name and contacted him and it was cleared up as a mistake on his behalf, again I tried to explain that they should At least ask the name but they didn't care or even offer an apology, despite enjoying my stay I certainly will not stay in that hotel when I return

Room Tip: If alone get a twin single as the double rooms don't have a wardrobe and avoid any contact with...
4  Thank Furion L

Dear customer,

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Being on a business trip I really only want to sleep in the hotel, otherwise I am working, usualy not a problem except here.
The walls are so thin that you hear everything, the doors to all the rooms slam, the floors are tile so that you hear all those beside, above and below you when they walk, the toilets flush like a waterfall so that the rooms above and beside are heard, same with the showers.
Needless to say I could not sleep very well.
The decor is older and very tired, I had a room out the back; room 038, looking into an old quarry and a broken fence with weeds and a rat trap, one small window was all I had in the room.
The room was big, the bed was comfortable and the free WLAN was a plus, although very slow.
The breakfast was very disappointing; cold powdered eggs, cold bacon and sausage and not much of a choice other than that, granted I did come late so it may have been better before.
The coffee machine was putting out only water, I guess the coffee beans were empty.
The waiters were busy elsewhere so that there was no one to ask. I grabbed the last 3 boiled eggs and left frustrated.
All in all an ok hotel for business travelers but I would not suggest if your looking for a relaxing vacation.

2  Thank stevenekuhn

Dear Guest

We appreciate your positive comments about our hotel. The truth that we always want to improve and try to make customers feel at home during their periods of leisure .

As for the negative points we take into account and see to fix urgently.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had to find place near to Barcelona, or in Barcelona below EUR100 per day. This hotel was the only option. All others were too expansive, or had poor quality. Better to have car, as shops, beach ar in 10-15 minutes walk. It is OK to go from hotel. But as it situated on the hill, your way back would be not so easy. But the view from our terrrace was really beautyful, so it was worth. Notice, that some rooms have garden view which is less attractive. To reach city center by train would take 30 minutes (5euro round trip). Go till Garcia station (not Santos). Notice that on the way back there are 2 stops in Casteldeffels, one is the main station; second "playa", which is yours. Some trains do not make stop at "playa", so check the schedule.
Negative is that they do not offer transfer to/from airport, which is only 10 km from hotel, but some how costs EUR70 per round trip. Breacfast is expansive, so we did not tried it.

Room Tip: Take city view room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alexdomin

Dear Customer

On the subject of the transfer to the airport , it is an issue that we are assessing to offer as its own service hotel , and all that time , this is an external service to our company.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My colleagues and I stayed at gran hotel rey don jaime. This is probably the most horrific hotel I have ever stayed in. It was dirty, my room had an infestation of bugs and it was extremely far from Madrid. We left and booked ourselves into another hotel it was so foul. They should have their license taken away. They shrugged their shoulders when I told them about the bugs and wouldn't offer another room. They said we will spray. This place would make motel 6 look like the four seasons.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Vlwolchok

Dear Customer

We welcome your comments , and all we think you did not stay in our hotel Gran Hotel Rey Don Jaime as we are located in Castelldefels, 600km from the city of Madrid.