“A great lunch”
Review of Royal Restaurant

Royal Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Tamariu
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Traditional seafood restaurant specializing in rice, fish and seafood. Excellent location in Tamariu seafront promenade.
Essex
“A great lunch”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

In the middle of the promenade in Tamariu, a small Costa Brava resort. Every thing was great, the location, service and the food. My wife had the mussels and I had a steak, with a bottle of wine and a beer, the bill about £40. Very friendly and relaxed.

• Visited July 2013

United Kingdom
“Excellent seafood, friendly and congenial”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were a group of 13 — so far no-one has died :) — and shared a variety of different dishes. I thought everything I tasted was all very good, but there were some who thought the mussels were a little overcooked. Since we ate mussels several times with the same "overcookedness", I'm thinking that maybe that is the way they like mussels in Catalonia.

The service was very friendly and obliging, even when I caused a minor tsunami after an argument with an ice bucket that got too friendly.

Between us we ate quite a few lobsters and drank quite a few bottles of wines; so I thought the final total of less than €50/head was pretty good value.

The Royal is almost on the beach — a lovely location.

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good quality local food”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Read about the Royal on trip and went on our second night, grilled asparagus followed by sardines with a green salad. Really good quality and great taste would highly recommend, quick and friendly service waiter told us all ingredients are locally sourced. Total bill includes water and two beers €52

Visited May 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Fab service and great food”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Loved the fantastic service, nothing was too much trouble and no waiting around (need that when eating with 4 year old). Food was great, garlic prawns and croquettes and salad. Lovely. No complaints and would recommend.

Visited April 2013
Sydney
“Simple and Serene by the Sea”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We visited the Costa Brava in May 2012, "village hopping" alongside the sea one day and stopped in Tamariu at afternoon tea time. The Royal was still busy with tables of locals enjoying the weekend. I asked for an iced coffee, and got exactly that - a shot of coffee and a glass of ice - but by stealing milk from my wife's cup of tea was able to make what I wanted!! We both had simple things to eat - FRESH sliced orange with a little cream and walnuts, and a baked apple with cinnamon - both perfect and a delightful way to absorb the sand, the sea, the boats, the people.

• Visited May 2012