“Amazing Easter baking! !!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Jonnie Bakes
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Teguise
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Cash Only, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Easter baking! !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

So i don't usually post a review but today's experience left me in heaven and so o felt compelled to spread the word about this incredible place. We stopped off at Jonnies' today whilst on trip to market and was just totally blown away by the most amazing freshly baked hot cross bun that I have ever tasted. They were just heavenly and melted in your mouth I could have stayed there all day devouring them. Cannot reccomend this place highly enough to anyone visiting the island. Only problem we flew home tonight and I can't pop around for dame again tomorrow! !! Guys you should be very very proud of yourselves for what you have created truly amazing.

1 Thank slessy74

Buckinghamshire
“Fantastic new bakery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Great new place in Teguise located on the road out towards Haria/Orzola. Very tasty croissants, pastries and cakes, and we bought probably the best loaf of brown bread I have ever found on Lanzarote in 27 years of visiting. Their hot chocolate is also fantastic. Car parking was a bit of a snag on a Sunday as there was some chap who seemed to own the parking spaces who seemed to think we shouldn't park for more than about 2 minutes. But there is lots of other parking nearby with a modest parking fee of 1.80 Euros.

Visited March 2014
Lanzarote
“Mmmmm Tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Have been to Jonny Bakes on numerous occasions as we are resident here in Lanzarote. Have to say every time we visit, we are surprised, there is always some new delicacy to try ( at the expense of our healthy eating regime I hasten to add!) and I think we have pretty much tried everything they have had to offer, so now we just have to start all over again!. On a serious note, fantastic food, but more so fantastic people who own it. Keep doing what you do so well boys. xx

• Visited April 2014
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Perfect food from perfect gentlemen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

At siesta time yesterday, with not a soul to be seen, my hire car decided it was also time for a rest... and Jonnie came to my rescue. Today my daughter and I returned to Teguise to say thank you, and to sample the delights of Jonnie Bakes; we weren't disappointed. One scone and hot chocolate for an excited 10 year old, and a large coffee and Danish pastry for me. A fabulous little café - welcoming, full of character and, above all, run by truly lovely people!

• Visited April 2014
birmingham
“So quaint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stumbled by this by accident-what a find!! We had a Danish pastry which was delicious!!All produce appears to be home baked. There is seating both inside and outside. The shop is quite small so can get packed very quickly. We returned when the Sunday market was on... we had no chance of getting in!!!It appears to be a very popular stop for cyclists. So to experience this delightful place try to go on less busy times and avoid Sundays!!

• Visited March 2014