“Fantastic cakes and very welcoming - be sure to visit!”
Review of Jonnie Bakes

Jonnie Bakes
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Teguise
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
New Cumnock, United Kingdom
“Fantastic cakes and very welcoming - be sure to visit!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We visited Jonnie bakes 3 times this week!
We happened to drive past and spotted their sign, looked them up and returned to sample their creations. After our first visit, we just had to return!
Over the course of our visits we tried a variety of their fantastic cakes, savouries and drinks and had great conversation with 'Jonnie', his dad and lovely Debbie.
My wife adored the hot chocolate, especially the white chocolate one. Made with real chocolate which melts in the hot milk, she was smitten!
My favourite cakes I tried were Victoria sponge cake and the chocolate and orange muffin - fantastic!
We highly recommend you visit, you'll enjoy it!

Parking is easy, there is ample parking right outside too.

For your information, there is a market on Sundays in Teguise, so that may or may not influence the day you visit, depending if you like things busier or quieter!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Colibriman

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“This place is a "MUST VISIT"”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We have been visiting the island of Lanzarote for many years and for the last couple of years or so we have visited Jonnie Bakes for a coffee and something to eat.

Everytime I visit this place my impression of it is renewed and I have to say that it is the finest place I know to go to if you want great tea and coffee along with a delicious choice of either sweet or savoury treats throughout the day. There is nothing in the compact but welcoming cafe that is not absolutely superb. Of particular note for me are the chicken and mushroom pasties, sausage rolls and the chocolate cake.

If I had the opportunity I would visit this place every single day.

Jonnie and his dad, Gordon truly are "Baking Gods" whilst at the same time are so friendly and welcoming to all.

If you are on the island of Lanzarote and you fail to track down Jonnie's place you will be making a big mistake, it's worth the trip wherever you are on the island!!

2 Thank Peter C
Wigan, United Kingdom
“best scones ever”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We visited johnny bakes last year and I can honestly say had the best scones I have ever had. Coffee excellent. Johnny and his mother were very welcoming.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank billandjeanmulvey
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

What can I say other than amazing!! Jonnie makes it, you enter a customer and leave a friend! Everything is fresh home made and fantastic! Debbie and 'Jonnie's Dad' are also fantastic, together they are brilliant team!

The only disappointing thing is, Jonnie has a day off on a Monday and closes - Shame on you ;-)

Jonnie made a birthday cake for me, again this was delicious! Thanks!!

Can't wait to come back next year! Thanks again for everything!

Tim, Elle & Oliver xx

2 Thank Tim-Lanz
Southampton, United Kingdom
“A real gem”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Well what a find it was coming across Jonnie Bakes on 02/05/13! The atmosphere was just right, the pasties were fab (my husband ate 3 & if he could've had more he would have!). I enjoyed a pasty and a lovely de-l-ish good sized slice of Victoria Sponge cake (and took a slice of Bakewell Cake slice too). Coffee was good especially with the white chocolate buttons in the bottom (never had that before). We stayed a couple of hours and learnt a lot from the people who came into enjoy the company too. Thank you, thank you. We'll come and see you when we're next over. Well worth a visit.

1 Thank GillHep