“Looked lovely but didn't live up to expectations”
Review of Almacen de la Sal - CLOSED

Almacen de la Sal
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Malaga, Spain
“Looked lovely but didn't live up to expectations”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Service was terrible. We had 4 different waiters throughout our meal. We were offered the dessert menu as they were clearing the starters. We had to wait an age to get their attention. Food was ok but overpriced

• Visited December 2012

Portree, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Avoid!! Shocking service.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Our worst Lanzarote experiance. We arrived at 2ish and wondered if they were still serving. After about 5 mins of waiting we were given a menu by a very unhappy waiter who seemed almost angry. We ordered then the condiments were almost thrown on the table. We watched another family arrive who were Spanish and they were given a totally different menu. We were given the tourist menu under the presumption of the waiter that we were dumb Brits who don't like to eat anything but omelettes. We had ordered by this time. The omelette I had was very salty and the chips were undercooked. My girlfriend asked for the bathroom light to be switched on and this seemed to trouble the waiter who mumbled something under his breath. This was the last straw, my girlfriend went back into the restaurant and spoke her mind. The waiter didn't apologise and regarding the menu he said we had asked for the " snack menu" we did not ask for that!
This so called restaurant is the pits. We were treated like second class citizens and idiots abroad. We can honestly say that this was the worst restaurant experience in our travels.

1 Thank Mitchell P
Fleet, Hampshire
“One of the better places to eat out”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We ate here twice on our mid December break to Playa Blanca, the menu was a lot smaller here than a lot of other places on the sea front. The staff were very good with our 2 year old, the food and wine were good and considering the quality probably better value than some of the other options.

Both the fish and steak meals were very good, would visit again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“very disappointed”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I ordered Spaghetti Carbonara which is a dish not only can I cook extremely well but I love it. the dish that came was not nice at all, it was served with a knife and fork really, although I don't need the spoon to eat spaghetti I only had 2 forks full and could eat no more the waiter didn't even ask if anything was wrong or why I hadn't eaten my food just took the plate away and we paid our bill and left, not good service or practice at all

Visited December 2012
1 Thank fionagail
Luton, United Kingdom
“Good food, nice setting”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

2nd visit in a few years and wasn't disappointed. One of the more upmarket restaurants on the Playa Blanca prom and a good venue for dinner with usual range of meat and seafood dishes well cooked and served in a pleasant atmosphere. Would have given it 5 if I hadn't found my cod main slightly over salted but that's more about personal taste than a criticism of the food. Recommended.

• Visited November 2012