“Good value for money”

Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good value for money”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

My husband and I spent 1 week at Sun Royal on a self catering basis.
We were pleasantly surprised at the high standard of service at the Hotel as it was only rated 3 star on trip advisor.
The reception staff were very helpful on arrival allocating us an alternative room as the room which was reserved for us had not been cleaned avoiding any delay for us getting in to our room.
The bedding and towels were changed 5 out of 7 days and the room was cleaned to a fair standard.
We have visited Playa Blanca several times and stayed at various Hotels we would return to Sun Royal because it was good value for money.
A week in the sun in decent accommodation you can't best that.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank geok27
, Dear guest,

Thank you for choose the THB Royal for your holidays. Your comments will help us to improve our client service. All our staff works hard every day for offer our guests a great stay and a relaxing and comfortable experience in Lanzarote
Thank you for mentioning that you will stay again in the Hotel THB Royal. We sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to write a positive review about your stay.

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here staff were lovely could not do enough for you . The swimming pools are nice and clean and the shops and sea are only a short walk away so plenty to do in and out of the hotel . Would love to go back to see everyone again xx

• Stayed June 2014
Dear ,

Thank you very much for bringing us your feelings. We appreciate your comments and remarks and the trust you have placed on us. Be sure that we will transfer your good words to the Hotel Royal Team.
We look forward to welcome you again.

Yours faithfull
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We arrived at the hotel 4 days late due to the ARC in France, Thanks!! The receptionist was friendly enough but would not allow us to get anything to eat or drink until the booking in form was provided from the trip organisers in the UK. I had to call the UK to get them to send the confirmation to the hotel. It turned out that the Hotels other office had the confirmation but didn't send it to our hotel. This took approx. an hour to sort out. We had been travelling since 7am and now it was 3pm and we had not eaten or had anything to drink. The hotel offered nothing!! We even offered to pay but the answer was NO. By the time we got to our room the restaurant was closed so we had to go to the café for drink and food. They were quick enough to take 6 Euros for the internet connection though. The receptionist failed to mention the onsite mini store.

The midday snacks were very poor. Yarning sandwiches left open under the bar. Only white bread with ham and cheese and serve by the barman's hands....nice.
I made a formal complaint to the receptionist but it seemed to fall on deaf ears. The manager was not available till Monday at some time.

Evening mean time arrived and we made our way to the restaurant, the food did look good and there was plenty of it. Beer, wine and soft drinks on offer as well. I have to say after not eating for nearly 12 hours I think I would have eaten anything, but the food was good.

The hotel notes ask that residents change for the evening meal. There were a few that just came from the pool and sat in the restaurant eating there meals. No check at the entrance door.

Breakfast was also good plenty of it, coffee and tea with juice available.

Again the midday snacks were white bread with ham and cheese from under the bar! NO CHOICE. No wonder so many were taking extra rolls from the breakfast buffet.

The room was very basic and not what I was expecting. We both thought this was a 4 star hotel not apartments. We were promised a pool or sea view, that would be tough as we were half a mile from the beach inland!! The balcony had pigeon poo all over the floor and railings, thank god I didn't take any children.

I guess that approx. a quarter of the apartments were being refurbished and we had builders working every day as we sat by the pool. Drills, hammers, wheel barrows and jet washers all day, I joked to my wife saying that its like being back in London.

The pool was excellent and very clean. Life guards all day.

The manager did not make any attempt to find us to talk through our complaint and we are very disappointed with our holiday and glad to be home. We have done 'All Inclusive' all over the world and this Hotel does NOT do 'all inclusive' Even the ice creams in the freezer had to be paid for.

The pool bar remained closed all the time we were there. It appeared to be a dumping area for the animation team.

So the hotel turned out to be three star apartment complex not four Hotel as we were expecting and if you want to eat during the midday then get extra food from the breakfast buffet and take it with you.

Nice walk to the marina with tons of eating places. No cash points, only in the town.............the other way!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ian L
Dear guest,

I thank you your opinion about your stay in our hotel and sorry your stay was not as pleasant as expected.
We take our guests comments very seriously as they help us pinpoint areas that have room for improvement, so the productive and helpful comments, in this case regarding the snack, are always welcome!
Please if you would think about comming to Lanzarote do not hesitate to contact me directly to offer our services and to apologize personally .Thank you very much for your opinion.

Best regards,
New Glasgow, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2014

It's my second day here of an 11 night holiday and I would happily get the next flight back , the shower goes from freezing to boiling in seconds , the barmen serve you tiny plastic cups meaning you have to go back and forth multiple times for a decent drink. Playing pool is one of my favouite things on holiday and none of the three tables are acceptable to play on. I didn't pack a hairdryer as I seen online that there was one included in the room. This 'hair dryer' seems to blow less air than I could and I have asthma , I've had to use the sun to dry my hair and it does it in a quater of the time. The rooms are fine (what you would expect) but my bed is horrible and the air conditioning is too loud, I'm in the living room section of the apartment and I'm far too close to the floor. They claim they have sandwiches available between 4 and 6 but these 'sandwiches' are merely two pieces of bread with a thin bit of ham. I will be sure to upgrade this review if my holiday gets any better but at the moment I can't wait to leave.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Antony S
Oscar S, Gerente at THB Royal, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Antony:
we are very grateful you have chosen the THB Royal to spend your holidays, I would very much like to contact the front desk or ask for Oscar, I personally try to help in order to solve the inconveniences, so it can be good holidays.
Yours faithfull
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Honestly I couldn't fault this place, what do some people expect for the money they pay! We were all inclusive and there was always plenty of food to choose from and no long lines to wait in, except for toast in the morning but your on holiday what's the problem!
Rooms were basic but clean and comfortable, serviced 3 times a week. Pool area was spacious with plenty of beds more umbrellas would stop the sun lounger hogging that occurs, but I've yet to go a holiday where this doesn't happen. Music played by the pool for a few hours a day but not too loud. Lot's of families and the kids looked like they were having fun. Drinks are served from the cafeteria but again only waited a couple of minutes to get served when it was busy! All the staff were lovely and friendly esp Dani who always made us feel welcome! I find the brits are the ones with bad attitudes, so many times there was not a please or thank you to be heard!
There's a 10/15 min walk to the beach and shops with a slight incline on the way back, but nothing too strenuous, stroll it, your on your holidays!
We will be back!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank casa4568
Dear Guest

Thank you for recommending THB Royal as a Hotel for couples and families.

We sincerely appreciate that you consider us to be an excellent Hotel, and that you have the intention of returning during a future holiday.

Sincerely
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here for a week all inclusive, my brother and I and my 2 kids (1 and 3) overall I was happy with the hotel and experience, room may be dated as others have said, but they are currently updating - which didn't affect us much, until the last morning when they thought it appropriate to smash the room upstairs to pieces from 7am!
Room itself had a very good bedroom with good beds, nice cot and plenty of storage. Kitchen facilities are a great bonus when your AI as the fridge is very useful - particularly with young children.
First time for us in Lanzarote and like the fact as there is so much space the hotels are able to cover more room, meaning mostly low rise, we had a ground floor room, which was fine once we'd got past the first couple of days when the 1 year old would happily walk away when outside, because she could! Kids were more than happy in the kids pools, had a great time splashing around!
We found the sister hotel across the road perfect - kids absolutely loved the fountains. And the snacks there were much better, which is something that could be addressed at this hotel.
AI was fine, aware a lot of people moan about the food, but it is not much different from any other buffet food I've experienced at this sort of hotel in Spain.
Overall we paid a great price and had a nice holiday.
Expect levels to meet what you've paid for them and you'll have a nice break!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Rebecca S
Dear Guest,
We thank for choosing us and for your review.
We are looking forward to welcoming you next year and please if there is anything we can arrange for you just let us know.
In the meantime, we all send you our warmest Greetings
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We books to adults and two under 6 All Inclusive. Kids club was 2 hours am and two hours pm. Kids loved it, especially Paula. Gives adults a break.
Food was fair. Fresh salads and usually a couple of Spanish dishes also. Kids choice of chips and nuggets or fish fingers. Lots of ice cream and puddings. What you would expect for an AI 3 star buffet.
We have a room a couple of steps away from the pool, fab.
We paid just over £1000 for 2 adults and 2 kids in June (1 week) which is a good price.
Pool is a bit cold but the weather is so hot in summer it is welcome.
I would like to see the upstairs poolside bar open.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank KenD413
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for letting us know your feelings about your last stay at the THB Royal,

I´m happy to see you enjoyed your stay with your family.

We hope to see you son at the THB Royal and I hope to meet you personally to speak abou your experience at the hotel. Please, contact me if you have any query or special need for your next stay.

Thanks and best regards,