Well here we go again another hotel to review, we travel a few times a year on A1 holidays in the sun, so i will give our opinion of this 3 star hotel, we are both 53 and our review will be how we saw things:
The trip to from the airport is quite long over an hour but you do get to see some of the sites on lanzarote (theres not to much to see) so maybe get a taxi.
When you get to the hotel its down a small street off the main road, so not to much around it nice views of the mountains from the front, the entrance is a little dull and the staff there are workman like, getting to you room can be fun if you are upstairs or arrive very late.
Next the room its self well its not the ritz but it has a small living area with a tiny kitchen we did not use it much but its handy to have a fridge, there is a working bathroom not to small and planty of towels, the bedroom was good for us very large wardrobe, and plenty of space good blackout curtains as well, the great thing about our room (657) was it had a goos size balcony with 2 sun beds and a table and chairs (yes there are well worn we all knowthat now) but they do the job and the sun shines for about 5 hours onto the balcony grewat for getting a tan, the tv is ok no need for the remote and you can get 2 english channels sky internations and one other.
The location is one thing we enjoyed a good 10 min walk to the sea front but well worth the walk great shops and a nice market at the marina also some great food try the facy ice creams, Playa blanca is ok but not a great deal to do other than shop, but we did take a ferry to furventura for about 21euros each, but do watch out for the boys in the booths they will hassel you all day we used the guy at the end of the docks and ask for a good price, also check what time you want to come back as some do not come back that oftern.
The beaches are not very good in the area so the one at playa blanca does get busy, you can see one or 2 others but they can not be reached by foot unless you are half mountain goat, you have to get a water taxi, there are a lot of places to eat and a few good bars in the evening along the front, we found it very clean and safe walking back to the hotel very late.
The food we found ok lots to choise from not to much change the odd fresh fish lots of chips, salad, goat, pork, chicken, just what you would execpt from a 3 star A1, you could help yourself to drinks but no coffee with you meals only at breakfast.
The bar areas we found not busy at all got a drink straight a way and yes the cocktails are rubbish, but we found the beer, whisky and rum fine, the barmen will have alaught with them if you chat to them and thay will remember your drink, you can take you drinks back to you rooms in plastic cups even the coffee.
Overall we had a great holiday in a hotel that suited us it was not load at night and the bar shut at 12.00 but you could get a drink till late in town if thats what you wanted, we met some interesting people and enjoyed lanzarote and the great weather, so would i go back yes, if i was a teenager no, we were also a bit upset with the number of school children there "school holidays what school holidays".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel THB Royal is located in the south of Lanzarote, in the village of Playa Blanca.This quiet fishing village in the municipality of Yaiza has preserved its characteristics apart from tourism development.This large complex consists of two floors and a total of 200 rooms. The hotel offers guests 2 swimming areas with solarium. Nearby are some of the most beautiful tourist attractions in Lanzarote: The Coast of Papagayo, El Golfo… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your THB Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Royal Apartments Hotel Playa Blanca
- Sun Royal Apartments Playa Blanca
- THB Royal Lanzarote/Playa Blanca