I have just returned from a week at the THB Sun Royal with my 47 year old sister and 71 year old friend, I'm 52. We arrived to be greeted by the very friendly reception staff and allocated room 201 on the ground level by the heated pool. The apartment was small, but clean, outside our patio was shaded by a slightly overgrown bush and the garden next door was overgrown with weeds. We noticed an annoying background noise that when we complained, was put down to the pump to the pool and we were moved to room 656 on the upper level. The staff could not have been more helpful in moving us and there was no fuss at all.
The new apartment/room was much bigger, brighter and more suitable for 3 people and the patio was a fantastic afternoon sun trap great to avoid the breeze and overlooked the unheated pool.
The cleaner came 5 days out of 7 and provided extra bath towels when we requested them. She was very thorough and friendly asking us if we were happy with everything, which we were.
We went self catering, on the whole we only ate breakfast and a bit of lunch in our room and the facilities were sufficient. The kettle and toaster had to be plugged in on the dining table which could be a bit dodgy for a young family, but ok for us. The on site supermarket stocked everything we needed.
We had a smashing time, the hotel is an easy 10/15 minute walk to the promenade/beach and shops and restaurants and we made full use of all of them.
Overall this is an older hotel, but we were comfortable. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We booked through Travel Supermarket and this was a budget getaway and we felt what we got, once we moved, was what we paid for and would be happy to go there again.
My tip, ask which pool is heated, one was and one wasn't which provided us with lots of entertainment watching people trying to get in the unheated pool from our patio, but wasn't much fun for them. Read the information in the reception as well, and if you're unhappy about anything, tell them while you're there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel THB Royal is located in the south of Lanzarote, in the village of Playa Blanca.This quiet fishing village in the municipality of Yaiza has preserved its characteristics apart from tourism development.This large complex consists of two floors and a total of 200 rooms. The hotel offers guests 2 swimming areas with solarium. Nearby are some of the most beautiful tourist attractions in Lanzarote: The Coast of Papagayo, El Golfo… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your THB Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Royal Apartments Hotel Playa Blanca
- Sun Royal Apartments Playa Blanca
- THB Royal Lanzarote/Playa Blanca