This aparthotel met our expectations and needs for a self-catering holiday. The location I feel is ideal, with a short ten minute walk straight down to the Playa Dorada beach with an easy promenade walk either turning right towards the town end restaurants or walking left to the more up market Marina Rubicon. Our apartment was on the upper floor, with good views to the mountains and a pool view sheltered by greenery. Lots of trees within the complex help to soften this white painted building. We had everything we needed to self -cater adequately except a cheese grater and stemmed wine glasses, so we drank our wine from a tumbler. The on-site shop was stocked to provide a good supply of essentials and we were grateful to buy milk and our four litre water containers there. A supermarket is just 5 minutes down the road on the corner open until 23.00 hrs and we found a nice fruit and vegetable shop just as you reach the town (near the “Children’s play ship”.) Our 2 electric rings, microwave, toaster, and kettle were used, but the coffee maker and juicer stayed in the cupboard. You need to take T towels and I found some sheets of paper towel useful to wipe down the outside table’s condensation in the morning. The bathroom looked a little tired, and the slightly unusual hair dryer attached to the wall was hot not powerful but eventually dried your hair. The shower is attached to the bath taps with plenty of hot water. Towels changed frequently and always folded attractively. The beds are so well mattress protected that every time you move they grunt! Cleaning staff did a good job visiting the apartment five days out of seven and changed our sheets at least three times. Staff always said “Hola” with a smile, and receptionists were welcoming and helpful. The reception is quite large and has internet access and a locked storage room for cases for departure day. I believe a safe key should be included in the price of the room, so I always grumble about having to pay extra, but we paid the 26 Euro nevertheless (3 returned) and found this was cheaper than other hotels when discussed on the way back to airport. The pool area was always tidy with a lifeguard, but as others have said the sun beds sometimes need to be moved before you got a pair you were happy with. Two adult pools afforded a choice; we chose the quiet pool, no music, no games, just pure relaxation with the occasional swimmer. Two very small shallow children’s pools suited the toddlers on site and the box of buckets & floats were well used. A bar was open and entertainment options advertised, but as we didn’t participate I have no idea as to the quality. I found this a quiet, relaxing place in September. The apartments would benefit from modernisation in the bathroom especially but overall our experience was really positive, and for two weeks it was absolutely fine. I would have no hesitation in returning. If I took over, my main priorities would be sun beds, shower cubicles and a more comfortable lounge bar area. Please see photo’s added.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel THB Royal is located in the south of Lanzarote, in the village of Playa Blanca.This quiet fishing village in the municipality of Yaiza has preserved its characteristics apart from tourism development.This large complex consists of two floors and a total of 200 rooms. The hotel offers guests 2 swimming areas with solarium. Nearby are some of the most beautiful tourist attractions in Lanzarote: The Coast of Papagayo, El Golfo… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your THB Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Royal Apartments Hotel Playa Blanca
- Sun Royal Apartments Playa Blanca
- THB Royal Lanzarote/Playa Blanca