“Club Playa Blanca Superb”

HL Club Playa Banca
Ranked #31 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Reviewed July 24, 2012

we have been to this hotel twice noe and it is superb for an all inclusive resort food is great plenty of choices for adults and kids from breakfast through to dinner the staff are friendly and helpfull and the entertainment is great for kids and adults it is only a 5 min walk to the beach and town centre, and will defo be going back its clean and tidy the villas are superb

Room Tip: get rooms near the pool area
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank paul m

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This hotel complex is much better than I thought it would be. The hotel staff, whilst perhaps too few, worked so hard and catered very well for the hundreds of guests that stayed at the hotel when we were there between 13th - 22nd July 2012.
The food was absolutely fine, only one night did my children feel the only food they fancied was chips. A real varied choice though and we were very impressed.
Charlie who heads the entertainment deserves a medal. He works so hard, as do all the gang, and my children wanted to take him home!
The bungalows are brilliant, air conditioned, with a kettle and if you need it a microwave. There is a hairdryer in the bathroom. The shower was a bit hit and miss, but it did the job.
It is a 10-15 minute walk into town, we went a few times and at night got a taxi back, our youngest being only 5 and at that point too tired to walk, it costs no more than 3 Euros for the taxi.
We would come here again. We had a lovely time and as always we believe your holiday is what you make it. Yes some people were moaning but honestly, if you want 5* pay more!
My only niggle is the additional pillow I was given was made of some sort of foam that gave me an allergic reaction, so if you end up with puffy eyes and face, dump the foam pillow!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Lins10_12
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My family and I visited this hotel for 2 weeks from 5th July to 19th. I read many reviews and was a little apprehensive, however when we arrived my mind was put at rest, the reception area was clean and tidy and the staff helpful and courteous. Our room wasn't available until 3pm but not a big deal as we went to the ppol bar for a drink while we waited. The rooms are clean, tidy and well presented. A nice change from standard apartments. The pool area, pool bar and snack area were all good and saved you going into the restaurant for lunch (more about that in a moment) The serve yourself beer pump was handy, once you learned to use it properly. The food in the restaurant especially for evening meals was poor. I'm not a fussy eater at all and in fairness I always managed to find something, but for children the selections are very poor indeed. My children more or less survived on chips most evenings. Very disappointing.

The entertainment was also disappointing and while Im not criticising the effort made by the entertainment team the standard wasn't great, that said they were still 10 times better than the so called 'professional' acts that we saw. The bar at night was generally staffed by one person and at times there was a wait for a drink, but get them two at a time and that alleviates that problem.

All in all we had a great holiday but I have been to better resorts and have to say that I wouldn't return to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Paul T
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Went with husband and 2 kids 17th June for 11 nights. Bungalow nice and maids always provided clean towels etc daily (apart from Sunday's). First week quite quiet but as people were being transferred from sister hotel Paradise Island it got a lot busier and difficult for getting sun lounger. Pool very cold but you get used to it after couple of minutes. Entertainment not that great and the animation team work hard but their night entertainment is not brilliant. One bar man for 2 bars not bad first week but as it got busier you were waiting longer. The vodka is a hit and miss smells or perfum found myself bringing my own to bar at night with friends.Food wasn't great and my kids only are rolls and maybe chips. Always noticed the table covers were sticky in the restaraunt. All inclusive ends at 12 noon which is not good and costs 15 euros each to continue for last day - even of you pick up is late at night. A wee trick - get your lunch then check out ! Even just one adult go and say the rest will follow lol
Ok food as I said wasn't great and my husband took sick on the last day and still is with salmonella. I definitely would
Not go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank natglasgow
Reviewed July 21, 2012

stayed at this hotel from 28th june till 12th july, 2 adults & 3 kids.. Before we booked this hotel we read the reviews and thought people was just being picky & thought it would be fine...... how wrong was we!! to start when we entered our room there was an ashtray under boiler collecting water from a leak & pouring onto the unit, towel rail hanging off and front door handle snapped off. breakfast and lunch was bearable but evening meal was a mess of all different rubbish, my husband will eat anything yet he struggled. our kids lived off chips as there was no kids menu atall.. desserts was the same mainly every night. Had to wait 20 mins plus in evening for drinks as only 1 bar person on for 2 bars & for unlimited drinks you only had a choice of 2 cocktails everyday unless you wanted to pay yet its all inclusive!!! The animation team was good but could of done with more professional shows.. one good point the pool was nice and clean....
Kids club aint what it says in brochure its ages 3-6yrs and open 2hrs a day, it was the sister hotel that had the proper kids world. Waterpark is a big let down they are still building the park and most of the park was closed off so that was a let down for our kids. you do get your wristbands cut by 12pm & they tried charging 15 euros per adult to eat in restaurant & theres no chance id pay to eat there rubbish.
We dont expect the ritz and Were not fussy people we will go everywhere & do anything but felt we had to leave a review on this place as would never go back to this hotel but would playa blanca as it is a lovely place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank jason p
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is the first review I have done, but on returning from this hotel felt I should. We booked this hotel as two families, both booked at the same time, yet when we checked in they only had room for 1 family, so we had to spend the 1st night at its sister hotel (3 star) up the road, not the best start! After speaking to other families this happened frequently. Bungalows ok but basic, air con in 1 of the rooms did not work, it was supposedly fixed but still didn't work! Breakfast and lunch were ok, but evening meal awful, we ate out every night. It is also very understaffed, so lots of queuing for drinks etc, I would not recommend this hotel and will not be going back!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank 235Sassy5235
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Returned from club playa blanca at the end of June. Booked with Thomas Cook for an "Aquamania" Hotel which looked fabulous for our 20month daughter on their website, however, the photos they had on the web page were nothing like the aqua park! The aquamania was not even in this hotel! Had to take a bus trip to another hotel to get there! It had about 4/5 slides in total and the splash area for the baby was not even built! stayed there for half hour and left! NOT HAPPY WITH THOMAS COOK!

The hotel in general was lovely, the entertainment staff were amazing! worked such long hours and were great with the baby!

Evening entertainment was good but we stayed for two weeks so the entertainment was repeated on the 2nd week.No entertainment on a Sunday evening? Baby loved the mini disco provided by the hotels entertainment staff!

Two bars were run with one bar man, (poor man was rushed off his feet!) which was not ideal. Ended up queuing for quite some time for drinks. Drinks were not the best in the world, if you had a larger in the hotel and then purchased one in the town there was a very noticeable difference.

Hotel was very clean, rooms were cleaned every day except Sunday.

Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

Beach and town was about a 10min walk. Really enjoyed our walks down to the town. If you walk left along the beach front you come to a fabulous beach in Papa Gayo, stunning!

FOOD......what can i say...did have a variety of food. mostly fish, chips, pasta and plenty of salad, was quite satisfied with food choice until our fourth day of being there... my partner came down with server sickness and diarrhea.This lasted for two days. Whilst meeting people and discussing his illness, many people were also complaining of the same problem. Entertainment staff were even falling ill (they used hotel restaurant daily) Staff were telling us that there was a sickness bug going round lanzarote? Six days before our departure date, I fell ill with the same problem but much worse, ended up being ill for two weeks! Couldn't eat for 7days and couldn't drink for 3days... thought i was going to die! Did not see a doctor in lanzarote as I knew if they saw the state of me, they would not let me fly home (and after being stuck in the room for days I just wanted to get home to my own bed!). When I returned to the UK, I went straight to the doctor,after waiting for my test results to return, my doctor rang me and confirmed I had Salmonella! Ended up having environmental health visiting my home to see where I had contracted the Salmonella. Missed another week off work due to being so ill....it was a complete nightmare! I just thank god I didn't give my baby any meat from the hotel!

Overall the hotel is great as long as you do not eat there!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family