“I immediately fell in love with this place and it's surroundings”

Rubimar Suite ApartHotel
Ranked #28 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“I immediately fell in love with this place and it's surroundings”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Has soon as we walked to reception we where greeted by the beautiful smiling Julia, right from that very first moment up to checking out she went out of her way to cater for our every needs, nothing was too much for her. The room we had (211) got the sun on our balcony from sunrise to sunset. Spacious rooms (cooking facilities a bit sparse) but who wants to cook big meals while on holiday, not us. Has we walked around the complex and surrounding area I instantly fell in love with this place. Large pool area with jacuzzi in the middle. A short stroll brought us to the most stunning site ever, the sun setting over the gorgeous Marina, yachts bobbing gently in the water, fish a yard long swimming up to us as we ate our meal at a table on the waterside decking of one of the many resturaunts. What a start to the holiday. The Coastal walkway is well maintained and well used because of the great views out to sea and the islands. Great beaches just a short stroll away, I just can't fault this place, we had a couple of meals at the Rubimar and found plenty choice and good quality food for a hotel, the only thing I would mention if I was to be picky was the comfort of the beds, but I'm a big feller and most beds are uncomfy to me. We can't wait to get back early next year

Room Tip: We where first placed in room 221. Great views over the pool area but doesn't get the sun till a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank John J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was disappointed by the cooking facilities in the appartment. Only two saucepans provided and no oven. All crockery was found to be greasy and in need of some detergent. Otherwise, the place was comfortable with enough wardrobe space for two people at least. With most appartments located in a circle around the pool, it can be very noisy, especially as revellers return late at night

Room Tip: A room with balcony facing the pool would mean a quieter bedroom.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JayDub397
Middlesex, UK
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The good:
- By the Marina (good if your looking for a more quiet / european atmosphere, with more upmarket bars and restaurants)
- Spacious rooms
- Good facilities (indoor pool, jacuzzi, gym, childrens club, tennis courts)
- Nice hospitality staff

The bad:
- 20/30 minute walk into town (and about 10/15 minutes to the beach) where the cheaper restaurants and busier bars and shops are. The walk is quite pleasant along the seafront but includes a strong sewage smell half way through. It was not too taxing to walk in November but I imagine would be quite unbearable in the middle of summer with the heat.

- No soap/shampoo provided, only 4 sachets of shower gel meaning you must bring your own or buy some from the supermarkets for around 4 euros. It baffled me that a four star establishment offering all those other facilities did not even provide soap when budget hotel chains in England do.

- Poor standards of cleanliness in the rooms. Our fridge smelled awful like old mould and there was a piece of mouldy bread on the floor. The microwave had splatter stains inside and the plates were dirty. It is quite obvious the kitchen is not cleaned by the maids before you arrive.

- Thin walls. We were woken up everyday by the child in the apartment below running up and down and screaming. This was then followed by what I can only assume was a game of musical chairs as for about an hour we could hear the furniture constantly being dragged around the room.

- No wifi. A lot of the other hotels in PB had wifi, and it was a shame that the rubimar didnt, however lots of bars in the marina do.

Overall I did enjoy my stay at the Rubimar but I don't think it is a four star hotel, and I wouldn't stay there again as I think I would prefer to stay closer to the town as there is a much livelier atmosphere there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dejewi
Plymouth
Reviewed November 24, 2012

At short notice we booked a break in Lanzarote, we wanted to do our own thing so we wanted Self Catering, we did not want All Inclusive which a great many of the establishments provide in Lanzarote. We love walking and the Rubimar was excellently positioned by the marina. The apartments were spotless, the staff were very helpful and as others have said Alfonso on reception went out of his way to assist you. We did not use the amenities in the complex as we were always out (the weather was good) and we found a lovely restaurant (Los Hervideros) in Playa Blanca away from the front of the resort (25 minute easy walk). All I can really say is if you want very clean and friendly accomodation you will not beat the Rubimar. Next week they are launching their new website where you can book directly with them. We book through Travel Republic, we also booked the Resort Transfer with Travel Republic (just over £4 each each way) and that worked well. For a short break I will be going again.
There were lots of facilities, including an indoor pool, gym and tennis which is all free to use.

Room Tip: We asked for room on high floor with balcony overlooking pool, we were given room 215, an excellent...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank GaryPlym
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Just back after one week in Rubimar Apartments,and it was a very plesant experience. Staff were wonderful,especially reception staff-Alfonso always went that extra mile,outside the call of duty.
Our apartment was a great size,very clean and serviced on 6 days of the 7.Facilites were excellent,pool area very fresh and clean.I didn`t eat in the dining room,so I cannot comment on the food

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cork
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed in RUbimar hotel, very friendly staff, very clean rooms, great complex all facilities. Only slight problem beds a little hard. Very close to all restaurants, lovely walks, big spacious. My husband my sister and I stayed here. Alfanso at reception was very accommodating..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Newquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2012

As usual, we looked at reviews of our chosen hotel after we had booked it and were a little troubled by some of the negative comments we found but now, having spent a week there I can say the we feel that those comments were unfounded.

The complex was great and we loved the outdoor pool with its central jacuzzi and indoor heated pool was really nice. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Our room was very spacious, comfortable and clean. We were staying Half Board and the food was varied and plentiful. And whilst not gourmet quisine, it was on a par with other hotels we have stayed in. We ate our fill every day.

Rubimar is situated very close to the nearby Marina which offers a variety of waterside restaurants and cocktail bars to suit most tastes.

We are already planning to go back to the Rubimar next year but intend to stay for 2 weeks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Caybeach Sun
Caybeach Sun
#29 of 37 in Playa Blanca
Marconfort Atlantic Gardens Bungalows

Been to Rubimar Suite ApartHotel? Share your experiences!