“perfect accomadation”

Jardines del Sol
Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 22, 2009

stayed here in mid march 2009, had my 2 year old son with us and he had the kiddies pool to himself all week ! i dont think i could fault any thing about this accomadation at all. and only paid £125 for the week ! . weather was perfect, spotless apartment, even a tv with english channels in the master bed room ! . was such a relaxing break, going back in october ! .

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank trevorstannard

Reviewed May 13, 2009

I think maybe Steve103 hasmixed up Jardines del sol with the Jardin del Sol. My family stayed in the Jardines Del Sol (Diamond Resorts) for two weeks April 09 and were amazed at the high standard of accomodation.

The resort and Villa Apartments were immaculate. All mod cons were provided such as LCD TV/DVD in lounge and TV in master bedroom, full kitchen equipment from tupperware to microwaves and blender. Bedrooms were spacious and both bathrooms were modern and had hairdryers.

There is a great beach about 5mins walk away (Flamingo Beach) with lovely restaruants along the sea front. The main part of the Playa Blanca would be about 20min walk or 3min / 3 euro taxi journey.

Pool area is nice and clean, with a splash pool for kids, and two bigger pools, lots of sunbeds. Larger pool is heated. Lifeguards at pool from 9.30 to 5.30 daily.

Free car parking and lot of good deals on rental cars in main resort if you haggle.

2  Thank Ana333
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Hi all,
Just back from a week's stay ,and must agree with last review.Great place to stay very clean and everything provided in accomadation,all staff very friendly and helpfull nothing to much trouble.
Would we go again yes

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank YorkshireSteve
Reviewed April 24, 2009

Arrived at Jardines del Sol 16th april 09 as a late booking having decided to take a week away in the sun for some much needed chill out time.

I had been to Lanzarote on several occasions so was familiar with Playa Blanca and all it had to offer.

I have stayed in quite a range of hotels/apts in the resort and to say that I was disappointed was an understatement.

The reception staff were quite abrupt - perhaps a refresher course in customer service might not go amiss!! It was evident from the outset that this particular venue swayed more to catering for the Germans - all signs, posters and newspapers were for them.

I was advised by the reception staff to use the lift to gain access to my room - the lift was broken and quite honestly left a lot to be desired - it was dirty and evidently quite well on in years.

On entering my room I noted the room was basically funished-and as I was self-catering I proceeded to check the facilities provided in the kitchen area. I had a broken bottle opener, broken tin opener, saucepan minus the handle?? and no frying pan. Not too good for starters. A kettle, toaster, fridge/freezer and microwave were available.

The bathroom was ok as far as cleanliness was concerned and the two bath towels which were provided were quite badly ripped and the sink taps were loose and once turned on the water shot everywhere.

The bedroom itself was ok - but the beds are the most uncomfortable I have ever tried to sleep in - as my poor back has not recovered yet!! I say try to sleep in because the noise at night time is just so unbearable. As there was no air-conditioning in the apt..
My sheets were not changed at all during the week of my visit - the chambermaid merely made my bed when she came. The towels were changed every other day - which was fine due to the fact that I was holidaying on my own.

In the lounge area there is a pre-payable TV - I had put 10 euros into same for my stay - and on returning one afternoon to the room discovered my remaining monies ( approx 6 euros) had been removed from the meter - and no explanation given.

All in all I wil not be returning to these apts as I found the facilities were, in general, poor and the on site staff rude and unfriendly - I certainly don't believe I got value for money for what I thought was going to be a relaxing week away in the sun.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Steve103
Reviewed April 20, 2009

Just arrived back from a week at Jardines del Sol and what a lovely place it is!
The staff could not have been more helpful, very courteous and happy to advise.
The resort was quiet and more often than not, the kids had the pool to themselves - during the school holidays we have never experienced this!
Woody's bar is the only place you can get food, but it is a good menu and reasonable prices. The staff are really friendly and made us feel very welcome. Happy hour between 5 and 6.30 has a large beer for 1.50.
It's about a 15 minute walk into the town and there are no bars or restaurants nearby. There is a small supermarket about 2 minutes walk away but no minimarket on site. There is a taxi rank directly outside and it costs approx 2.80 into town (slightly more on Sundays). Also good is the free wi-fi (if you sit in the reception area with your own laptop) otherwise I think it is 1 euro to use the hotel computers.
The bungalows are spotless and spacious with air-con, washing machine, dishwasher, fully fitted kitchen etc. We arrived late to find the fridge stocked with milk and bottled water as well as complimentary washing powder, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, tea coffee, sauces, shower gel, shampoo and body lotion, which we were very impressed with. Our 2 bed bunglow had 2 bathrooms and a spacious living/dining area as well as large private patio with loungers, table and chairs. There is also a partitioned area to dry your clothes. The maintenance staff never seem to stop and as a result the grounds are beautifully landscaped and immaculately clean. Activities for the kids (and adults) include crazy golf, pool, table tennis and french bowls, all well organised by Darren. There is also good entertainment every night at the Woody's bar - Abba, Elvis, race night, movie night etc.
All in all, a brilliant holiday and we would definitely return. Lanzarote is a lovely island and everyone we met was very friendly and helpful.

1  Thank mrsdaltrey
Reviewed April 16, 2009

The resort and Villa Apartments were immaculate. All mod cons were provided such as LCD TV/DVD in lounge and TV in master bedroom, full kitchen equipment from Tupperware to microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and a blender for Pina Coladas :)

Staff were friendly, particularly Mazie on reception although I thought it strange that take away was available but not room service. With children aged 1, 6 and 13 it wasn't possible to go out every night, so to feed our party of 6 a couple had to go to the restaurant/bar and collect plates covered in tin foil plus return dishes once done. Not ideal but food was tasty.

There are 2 pools although a bit on the small side and 1 baby pool all in a pleasant lounger area with shower and wc facilities. The lifeguard is constantly overseeing the pools and is a very pleasant man. The large chess board provided lots of enjoyment for the kids and gave the adults a few moments to relax!

For Playa Blanca a cost saving tip is to ensure you take enough Euros with you as there are hefty "hidden" fees to withdraw money from what I consider to be dubious Exchange shops or actual banks. They claim 0% commission and then charge 25 Euros to withdraw £150 - apparently this is to cover bank charges!

Our preferred eateries were the Terraza Restaurante Brisas Marina and "Jumbo" Chinese Restaurant. Both are very good and offer reasonably priced items or high end delights.

The weak £ made things expensive overall but it is best to shop in the larger Spar in the town centre other than local "Supermarkets". We frequently walked into town, approx 20 mins and got a taxi back costing an average of £2.50 but more expensive on Sundays and Public Holidays.

All in all we wouldn't hesitate to go back and had a thoroughly relaxing stay!

4  Thank Sun_Seekerxx
Reviewed April 1, 2009

Excellent apartment, immaculately clean and a kitchen full of appliances - even a chocolate fountain, I think, although we didn't use it!

We were in a villa near the entrance so got a bit of noise from the road and felt a little 'on display' when lounging on the patio - this could easily be rectified by some extra plants/shrubs to screen it better and offer more privacy.

Reception staff have to be the best I've ever come across the world over, they were genuinely interested in making sure we got settled in and that we knew who to ask should we have any queries. 10/10 for their efforts.
We had one meal in the bar/restaurant which unfortunately was not good. We paid €20 for 2 starters & a bowl of fries & 2 drinks - the food was very salty and we wouldn't recommend eating here. Had the food been of a decent quality then we could have accepted the cost, but it was poor to say the least. This is the only thing that let the resort down - oh, and the rowdy 'female' guests who came in drunk at 1.30am one morning but this can happen anywhere I guess.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple