“Met our needs”
Review of Caybeach Sun

Caybeach Sun
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Staff were friendly and helpful. Appartments were clean. Good base for exploring the island as doing other walks away from the main sea front. No complaints while there. Self catering so cant comment on the food.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Karen M
There are newer reviews for Caybeach Sun

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Have just returned from weeks all inclusive here.First impressions really lovely wasn't disappointed either.The rooms comfortable and clean little but dated.Impressed we had things like fridge microwave,kettle toaster.Sm shop in hotel handy for daily needs ie milk coffee toiletries.Pools looked lovely but water really cold perhaps to early in the season yet.We also had a indoor pool Jacuzzi plus gym equipment. plenty sun beds.Grounds very clean and tidy.Restaurant typical salad bar ok if you like tuna.No dishes like cuscus potato salad they sometimes had rice.Good selection at night not always hot but there was a sign if not hot place in micro wave.Wine on tap nice .Bar closed at 11 which was a bit early .Spirits fine had to order early and drink outside out of paper cups if you wanted to stay up a bit later.Not far from the beach in walking distance.Lovely area.Bike hire for a day 11 euros plus a deposit of 20 euros which is refunded on the return of bike.Plenty cycle paths so well worth it. Was surprised as book as a all Inclusive didn't expect to pay for Wifi ,there was tennis courts table tennis ,pool sauna.Safety deposits in rooms but it was at a charge even the pools towels were charged for to if you wanted another dry one cost you one euro,which is a bit greedy.This hasn't put me off would go with my husband.If you want to go on a trip North Tour on a Wednesday fantastic trip well worth it pay the extra for the lunch to.

Room Tip: We were in 206. No sun first thing by lunch time sun until end of the day.Lovely downstairs pool vie...
1  Thank jenny8960
Reviewed April 4, 2014

My partner and I are just back from a week spent at Cay Beach Sun. The complex was very clean and tidy, with attractive gardens. Apartments were basic but comfy, typical of what you'd expect of a 3 star hotel. The maids cleaned the room on all but one day. Staff appeared to be very friendly and helpful. We stayed half board, and having read some of the more negative reviews we were a little dubious about the food on offer. I would say the quality is ok, typical 3 star standard. However the choice was very limited. We are not ones to moan about petty things ie baked beans being cold at breakfast (this is the norm!). But there could have been at least one vegetarian choice on the menu at night... I don't eat meat and all I can say is... thank god for salad and chips!!! Even some of the things you think would be veggie on closer inspection had meat in it ie pasta tomato sauce which had either chicken or tuna in it... I couldn't tell. So I would advise veggies to reconsider booking half board. The only other little gripe was a perilous, strange hanging / shelf unit on the wall in the bedroom near the door. The shelf sticks out 6 inches from the wall. One night I got up and in the darkness / my disorientation I knocked into it with my hip. I am not a heavy person, but the knock dislodged the unit, leaving it hanging lopsided off the wall. We assumed a screw had come out. But when we looked at it, the unit is attached only by balancing on two tiny hooks in the wall. I was lucky it didn't come off and fall on my feet as there is some weight in it, and it could easily have broken my foot if not both. Just be aware of this as it could potentially be dangerous especially to young kids. And don't hang anything too heavy off it!! Other than that, a lovely holiday in a very nice resort. Tip: we went to a Italian restaurant called Little Italy in the high street one night, very nice - would recommend

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brummagenbeck
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This is definatly a 3*+ hotel. There's only one bad thing I can say about the complex, and that's the fact that the bar closes at bang on 11am and you are asked to leave straight away. We also knew that the A.I stopped at 11pm but thought the bar would stay open for paying quests (how wrong was we) bang on 11 and you were out. Overall though this was a very enjoyable holiday. The food was good,complex excellent and rooms were quite nice. We were in room 602 which had sun on the balcony untill around 6.30pm and all though it was overlooking a road it wasn't a problem as it is very quiet. The A inc I thought was quite good for a three star hotel. Self service beer wine and soft drinks, but the spirits you had to be served with and wasn't watered down. If you need to get a taxi into town it only costs €3 and €3.5 to the marina, but no need to as its not to far. The only thing that would stop me going back us the fact that the bar shuts at 11 am....

1  Thank cindyTyldesley
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My wife and I booked a week at the Cay Sun Beach in February with Travel Republic. When we arrived the receptionist told us that they were full and we had to go to another hotel. There were about a dozen people waiting to be taken to the airport and we were the only arrivals but the receptionist insisted that they had no available rooms and the fault lay with our booking agent. I felt that he was clearly lying as he couldn't look me in the eye but our protests fell on deaf ears and we were packed into a taxi and taken to the Royal Sun Hotel, a shabbier sister hotel a couple of minutes away. We should have contacted our booking agent straight away but left it until we were home. Once we did we found out that any movement of guests must be communicated by the hotel to them and it wasn't. In spite of everything we enjoyed our week in Lanzarote but feel that we were the victims in a well-practiced scam by the management of the Cay Sun Beach.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jacksoh
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Cay Beach earlier this month. I cannot fault the apartments for comfort and cleanliness etc. Our apartment was lovely and regularly cleaned, towels changed etc by the staff. Lovely roomy balcony looking out towards the sea in the far distance. However, I would NOT recommend this place for anyone other than families with very young children, or people who are seeking an extremely quiet venue. My partner and I were seeking a quiet break, but this venue took it to the extreme. There is no music, however quiet, played in the poolside bar or anywhere else. Our apartment came with a set of "rules" when we arrived. If we hired the TV or played a radio, the volume had to be at "minimal" at all times, but at 11pm, there was an "absolute silence" rule in the complex. The entertainment was practically non existent, with the bar being empty most nights. There was karaoke scheduled for one night, and there were only about 15 in the bar- and no-one got up at all- perhaps this may have been a sign of the age group of the complex rather than the entertainment staff. We were all inclusive, and on a couple of occasions we were eating alone in the restaurant!! There was such a lack of holiday atmosphere, and I have been in the Canaries at this time of year before, and it was completely different. On a positive note, there are 2 nice outdoor pools, a kiddies pool, and a heated indoor pool which we used a few times. Its about a 15 min walk to the nearest bars etc in the town, and a pretty level easy stroll.

Room Tip: Rooms in block 360 seem best.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rolo03
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Returned to Cay Beach last week after a break of 6 years. Quite a few things have improved including a new indoor pool which I swam in, totally alone, every day. The gym is next door and seems quite well equipt. The rooms are adequate, our room 403 is in a very quiet part of the site, quite close to the pool bar and indoor pool. The furnishings don't seem to have changed in the past 6 years and some things are a bit tatty but everything does the job. Our sheets weren't changed during the week but towels were. The maids seem to be under pressure to get the job done - we were asked at 8.15am if they could 'do the room' ! We had breakfast in the restaurant each day, which again is OK if you like fruit and such but struggles with the cooked side of things - (very) streaky bacon, complete with rind and undercooked, frankfurters, semi- cold baked beans, tomatoes covered with herbs, and a ban on having the fruit juice unless you are 'all inclusive '! It is a bit of a trek into the centre of Playa Blanca which has a few good bars (Mollies being one of them) but the restaurants are a bit hit and miss. Best meal was in a Chinese, overlooking the sea on the front and unbelievably inexpensive. Next door is a' tipico Spanish' place which was OK . My biggest complaint with Cay Beach is the extras. WiFi, safe, TV, AirCon, all charged extra and not particularly cheap. I would rather pay for these thing in the package and not on-site as it really eats into your spending money. We went into the bar at night on our way back to our room a couple of times but there was no sign of any 'animation'. Staff were very friendly, especially the lady in Reception and the guy in the pool bar (but 2 euros for a cup of San Miguel does seem a bit excessive !) Probably wont go back to the Cay Beach but don't be put off by that - it's OK, but only just !!! PS Take your own soap as none is provided in the bathroom.

2  Thank eeny44