“Nice hotel enjoyed our stay”
Review of Caybeach Sun

Caybeach Sun
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. Very good value. Apartments were fantastic. Large living room, bedroom, nice bathroom and 2 balconies. Really great views from our room seeing the sunset over the volcanoes. People that complain are often those who pay for 3 star and expect 5 star. If you want 5* pay for it! I think this hotel should be 4* as I loved it. Indoor pool is very nice. I would recommend going Self Catering as there are hundreds of fantastic restaurants in Playa Blanca. I ate once for breakfast at the hotel and I thought the food was poor. The restaurants in PB are incredible so go out and try them!

Hotel was also in a good location. 10 minute walk from the resort centre. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Matt W
There are newer reviews for Caybeach Sun

Reviewed September 19, 2013

My partner & I stayed here from 31st Aug for 2 weeks. We have been before (approx 5 years ago) so we knew that it was basic but clean.

The good news is that it was still all of the above. BUT....the Cay Beach Sun really does need some TLC now. Altough some areas have been modernised, the apartments & communal areas (such as around the pool) are looking very tired and need some transformation.

It's a shame as it's a lovely aparthotel and has real potential to be super. A lick of paint would go a long way and a general tidy up around the pool area. for example - old bits of sun beds & parasols lying around could simply be taken away.

Our apartment was cleaned regularly & the bins were emptied every day. The reception staff were friendly enough.

We did not eat/drink here as we were self catering. Why would you want to eat in the hotel when there is such a fantastic choice of restuarants in Playa Blanca?!

Unfortunately we wouldn't return here unless it was refurbed.

Room Tip: We stayed in a first floor apartment overlooking the pool which was a nice view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Biz1973_12
Reviewed September 16, 2013

After reading the reviews on this place i was rather worried, but i did not need to be. You certainly get what you pay for, as rooms are ok, but no bowls for cereal and no oven, although we only had breakfast in the room. The beds are hard and i had a bad back for the first week till i got used to them hence my rating. The staff are very helpful and friendly. We stayed in room 351 and we had difficulty finding this room, i advise when leaving the reception turn left and walk towards the kids pool with slide you will see it there!
We did not eat all inclusive so i cant comment about that, but my husband did swim in the pool and said it was very cold!
Do not be put off reading all the negative reviews here because its not bad at all.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah O
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We where pleasantly surprised , dont have any complaints, helpful staff, clean rooms, which had everything you needed, yes some towels where a little frayed, but were clean and changed several times over our 10 day stay, you do need to get out early if you want to get a sunbed by the pool, but we tended to go to the beach most days, which is beautiful !!, one day we had a problem with a window and maintenance were out within 10 mins to fix it, the same when our friends had a problem with there safe ,!! we had no problems with green hair !!! , if you needed a taxi, reception would call them for you, they were very friendly and helpful, theres a nice little shop for anything you needed,and theres a couple of supermarkets 10mins away, by the beach, we also liked the Ice house for breakfasts and meals , and also Barneys for evening entertainment, overall a fantastic holiday, all 7 of the party we were in would return .

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms 304, 305 and 302, just round the corner from the pool, quiet area, but still clos...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank maggiemoo12
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Returned yesterday 12/9/13....
My hair did not go green from swimming, as the pools were so cold I did not get in them!!!!...food was c..p , no entertainment in the evenings, staff were friendly appart from one receptionist. stayed in room 802, good veiw, but very busy area. Rooms were basic, tatty towels. Kids water tunnels were out of order, as was the turkish bath.
Personally, I would advise a different hotel, in a different resort, in a different country!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Sue C
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We arrived Sunday 1st September and checked in and was told were our room was and was pleasantly surprised ,I had e mailed the travel agent requesting a pool view and was exactly what we got our apartment was lovely very clean and 2 large size bedrooms we unpacked and went straight to lunch in the restaurant food was nice like any all inclusive there was always something to eat if not in the restaurant there was burgers and hotdogs and chips from the pool bar through out the day. My 8 year old son soon met friends and lived in the pool, it was just ashame only one of the slides was not working but it never stopped him enjoying his self .I was a bit concerned about the previous reviews saying it was sending blonde hair green but my hair is bleach blonde and had no problems what so ever' it did ruin one of my sons old t shirts but that was the sun cream, and he was in and out the pool .I always keep old t shirts for the pool any way so no problems there. The club entertainment was a little poor but we did tend to walk out into playa blanca most night, which I must say is lovely lots of shops and nice restaurants reasonably priced .We never had a problem getting a sunbed around the pool either. They could do with investing in some more umbrellas and beds overall we had a lovely holiday and I felt safe no need for a safety deposit box and we took I pads and I phones and my teenage son stayed in a few evening I would return to this hotel no problem

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed from 31/8/13 for a week 2 adults 2 children 9 & 2 on all inclusive basis,we arrived just before 9 in the evening to a young lady on reception who was fantastic she let us skip check in to go and eat before the restraunt closed then go back up afterwards to do check in ,we stayed in 411 which was a great for us just behind the water slides that was clean and had a good kitchen facility area which we weren't expecting.all the staff were nice & friendly and brilliant with the children now the food was what you would expect 3 star all inclusive. The bad points the entertainment was shocking only 1 woman to do it all solo day & night she put the effort in but only so much 1 person can do on her own ,on her 2days of there was nothing at all & when she was the mini disco didn't start til half 9 which in my opinion is too late for young children to wait then they might have a show on after but they only last 20minutes considering the club has been nicely refurbished you would think they would match that standard and put proper entertainment on,the club could also benefit form a drinks menu so you know what's available.the pools the 1 by the slides did die the bottom of my blonde haired daughters hair greenish but didn't die my sons hir green and he's blonde as well. They are in some serious need of renovation and a good clean the tiles around the outside are loose or broke around the kids water slide and play area they did eventually drill some down after 3 days of them coming and wobbling them but they closed it and did it in the middle of the day they should do the maintenance either eArly morning or at 5 when they close after all these we're a reason we booked for the kids to play on & the green slide was out of order the whole time we were there and told it would be fixed in 2months the pool bit where the slides lead into have a lot of sharp things in as we found out as a result of my son slicing his big toe open the life guard cleaned it bandaged it and said we had to go hospital to have it stitched so we spent the afternoon in there hospital getting it sorted,they didn't want to take any blame and just told us this is why we have our insurance from England ,3 other children also cut there feet open while we were there that were aware of !! We've stayed 3 star 4 star and 5 star before but will not be returning due to the fact of safety you go away to relax not worry that your children will be hArmed while enjoying them selves

Room Tip: 411 was good behind slides so we used our own toilet while around the pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family