THe Mirador Papagayo
$165
$146
  • Pool
Pueblo Marinero(Playa Blanca)(Great Value!)
$197
$193
  • Pool
H10 Rubicon Palace(Playa Blanca)
$253
$229
$368
$181
$168
Priceline
  • Pool
Ona Las Brisas(Playa Blanca)(Great Value!)
$256
$245
Travelocity
$188
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
HL Club Playa Banca(Playa Blanca)
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,129 results
All reviewssea viewblack tileshalf boardanimation teampool barthe main hotelplenty of choicejunior suiteevening entertainmentgreat holidayporkfamily roomcourtesy busquiet locationreception stafflovely walkwellness centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We went to this hotel, as a family in June. We have travelled all over Europe and lots of America, and have to say this is one of the best hotels,we have stayed in.
Great Staff, beautiful location and really excellent food, we were all inclusive and found it excellent value.
For the first time ever, we are returning to a Hotel for a second year running, something we never do, so this speaks volumes!.
The only things that the hotel could improve on are, Free Wifi all over the hotel, not just in the bar area for 30 minutes a day ( we would be happy to pay a bit more for this).
Tvs need to be updated to Flatscreens with some more English speaking channels Available.
The entertainment area is so underused, why not at 22.30, after the great family entertainment, have a DJ so people can have a dance in the evening.
If all these things were improved, this hotel would be World Class, it's pretty close, just not quite.

Anyway cannot wait to go back in June 2014

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank wiggaz17
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at THe Mirador Papagayo, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

We highly value the time you spent to share your experience at our IBEROSTAR Papagayo hotel and took into consideration all the suggestions you brought up to our attention and we will definitely look into them. Your wellbeing and your entire satisfaction is our primary goal.

Moreover, your enthusiasm for our staff is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation; we will certainly not fail to convey your very kind compliments to all of them.

We also appreciate your praising comments on our gastronomy offer because at IBEROSTAR we know that meals are a very important aspect of our guests' overall holiday experience, this is why our professional Chefs strive on a daily basis to prepare a wide variety of typical local dishes as well as the best international delights in order to please all palates, it is very enjoyable to read that we could conquer yours.

Thank you again for your valuable time; It will be a real pleasure to welcome you back on your next trip to Lanzarote and please do not hesitate contact us beforehand to organize every detail of your stay.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Everything about this hotel surpassed expectations. The views from the rooms over to Papagayo and Fuerteventura are great, the rooms good, and food and service are excellent.

We had requested a sea view room as high as possible before we travelled and room 450 met our requirements very well. It was clean and comfortable and room service was very good with towels and bedding frequently changed.

The hotel is located in a largely residential area and there are no bars or restaurants in the immediate vicinity. This, our being there on half board and the terrible weather (we were there during a week when the Canaries were battered by a series of storms), kept us in the hotel on most evenings. The quality of the food and the excellence of the entertainment on offer, though, made this no hardship.

The weather was so bad for the first 4 days of our week’s holiday that, early one morning, we were awoken by our balcony furniture crashing into the patio windows! It was good of the reception staff, if not really necessary, to warn guests by telephone that morning, not to go onto their balconies.

The hotel is a steady 15 minute walk from the attractions of the Marina Rubicon and about 10 minutes from a rather limited commercial centre in the other direction.

Free Wi-Fi is available for half an hour each day if one sits in the vicinity of the TV in the lounge bar. This worked well for us and we took advantage of it. It is also available for longer periods in one’s room for a charge.

Overall, an excellent hotel and a most enjoyable week. We would definitely return to the Iberostar Papagayo.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Anon Nemo
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at THe Mirador Papagayo, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking part of your time to share your impressions and personal experiences on your holiday at our IBEROSTAR Papagayo hotel; we always do our utmost to exceed our guests' expectations and when we succeed, this fills us with pride.

It is also very enjoyable to read that you felt comfortable in the room we accommodated you in; our goal is to provide comfortable and spotless accommodations in unbeatable locations and we thank you for letting us know you were satisfied with yours.

Unfortunately in the beginning of December we had exceptional bad weather conditions over the Canary Islands but we are very glad to read that thanks to the energy and enthusiasm of our animation staff as well as the to the quality and variety of our buffets, these few days were still enjoyable.

Once more, thank you for your visit and the courtesy of your time; we would be delighted to accommodate you again on your next visit to Lanzarote.

Sincere Regards,

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I keep returning to this hotel, as I feel very safe and comfortable here, and as a solo traveller this is very important to me, unlike some larger hotels which are too big and impersonal.
This is my fifth stay since 2011, which speaks volumes.....

The thing that struck me during this stay is lots of the staff are still at the hotel and have been since my first visit. This shows to me that Iberostar must be good to work for and the hotel must clearly value their staff. All the staff are so friendly and helpful and really work hard. Nelson is a great barman, and Manuel and the animation team, as well as everyone else whose names I can't remember.

I had requested a particular room area, which I was delighted that yet again I got which overlooked the pool and sea. Also I had a bottle of wine in my room on arrival which was a lovely gesture for I assume being a return visitor.

The bedrooms in the main hotel are large, clean, and comfortable, with a lovely big balcony. The bathroom was a good size and the shower had a good power too it. I didn't have enough coat hangers in the wardrobe for all my clothes, so I contacted reception, and they arranged for 8 more to be brought up.
If I was to find any criticism it would be the lack of drawers to keep tops/undies in, and no full length mirror to see what you look like, and perhaps a more powerful hairdryer.

I see a few people have complained about the food and lack of choice. Personally I find the food at this hotel very good. I tend to only eat salad, rice, fresh fish and lots of fruit and don't really eat meat. There does always seem to be lots of other choices though. I can't comment on the desserts as I never have them. I like the fact they have a selection of cheeses and crackers including blue cheese, which is my favourite. Another touch I like is that at breakfast they bring round fresh coffee/tea in pots, whereas some other 4* hotels have weak hot drinks that are self service from machines!

The soft/alcoholic drinks in the dining room are self service red/white/rose wine and beer as well as water and fizzy drinks. I was all inclusive but I understand you can uprade from half board to all inclusive on drinks at the dinner table for a few euros if you so wished. There is a good selection of alcohic drinks included in the all Inclusive price. My only criticism on the drinks is that there is only one diet drink and that is coca cola light. I would like to see diet lemonade, no added sugar squash/cordials or slimline soda or bitter lemon.

The animation team were friendly, happy people who always tried their best to keep people amused and to encourage people to join in the games in the day such as boules, archery, table tennis, aerobics. This was nice as they were not in your face, but it was all there if you wanted to participate. They also remembered peoples names and made you feel so welcome. Fernandos, Sol, Laura, and Billy do an excellent job, and Vikki who was new. There was a mixture of outside acts and the animation team doing shows such as Grease and Mamma Mia.

My only criticism is that after the entertainment finished at 10.30pm everyone either went to bed, or went upstairs to the Piano/Balcony bar. It is such a shame that the large hall downstairs isn't utilised as much as it could be. A suggestion would be to have a DJ after the show playing current music and the team to encourage people up on their feet dancing, as opposed to piped old music and a small drop down screen showing black and white old movies.

There is a spa area in the hotel, which I didn't use on this occassion, but I did use the Gym, which I noticed had some new equipment in, which was good.
The swimming pool is lovely and has jacuzzi jets in and built in seats/loungers which is a nice touch, but sadly due to the weather I didn't go in it this time.

There are a couple of areas in the hotel where you can borrow books/magazines to read. One is on the fifth floor and the other is inside where you get towels from by the pool bar.

A new addition to the hotel this time was SAGA. It was great to see that another room in the hotel was being utilised as a SAGA lounge, where the over 50's could go to do quizzes, have tea and cakes, meet their rep, and play games.

What I like about this hotel is that the hotel overlooks the sea, and there are good walks along a promenade that runs to Central Playa Blanca. The marina has a market on a Wednesday and Saturday, which is nice to visit, as well as a Marina with restaurants and designer shops to visit (takes around 10-15 minutes to reach depending on speed of walking). The main central hub of Playa Blanca where the shops, bars and more restaurants are takes about 25-30 minutes by foot to get too. There is FREE shuttle bus that runs three times a day from the hotel and back which drops you by the beach, near the Princesa Yaiza Hotel.

Thankyou Iberostar Staff for making my stay so welcoming yet again. See you all next year x

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
12  Thank cojoba
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at THe Mirador Papagayo, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

We first would like to thank you for your loyalty and trust in our IBEROSTAR Papagayo hotel, as well as for the time you spent to share your recent experience on Tripadvisor; it is very rewarding to read that, once again, we were able to make your stay special form the moment you arrived until the moment you departed.

Moreover, we thank you for your very kind words towards our staff, their great attitude and genuine kindness are undoubtedly one of our hotel’s main strengths and we will not fail to congratulate them all on your behalf for making you feel at home among us and for their contribution to your wellbeing during your holidays in our hotel.

We also greatly appreciate your positive mention for our buffet restaurant because the as you may know at IBEROSTAR we lay high value on the choice of our products and the preparation of our menus, striving to offer a wide range of options in order to please all palates, we are glad to read that we could conquer yours.

Furthermore, we also thank you for your nice comments towards our animation staff, their enthusiasm is contagious and they strive to offer a wide variety of leisure and sport activities throughout the day as well as entertaining evening shows for our guests to bring back some unforgettable memories of their holidays among us.

Last but not least, we are enchanted to read your satisfaction with the comfort and cleanliness of your room as well as with the location of our hotel, within an easy walking distance to the beautiful beaches and the many dining and shopping options of Playa Blanca.

Once more, thank you for your trust and for choosing us again and again. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

We have just returned from our 2nd holiday at Iberostar Papagayo and we found it to be just as good , if not better , than our first visit last year . The superbly hardworking staff are the backbone of the facility from the front desk staff on arrival to the excellent cleaning staff for the bedrooms . The male and female staff that cover the restaurant , bar and evening entertainment bars are the most hardworking and dedicated team that you could encounter , Nelson , Luis and Ana are classic examples for the hotel .
It is advisable to pay the Full Sea View supplement as the views across to the Papagayo beaches and also to Fuerteventura are stunning and it also gives you your own private sunbathing terrace in the mornings in full sun .
We again went all-inclusive and the food choices are extensive to cater for the fussiest of eaters with the Mexican themed menu night being the best of the week .
The evening entertainment is mostly provided by members of the entertainment team who are neither professional singers or dancers but by nature of their job titles they try , through hard work , to entertain the customers . Yes its mostly mimed , but its a light-hearted , warm and a cosy way to spend an hour in the evening .
The hotel was undergoing some cosmetic upgrading in the lounge and reception areas and as this was highlighted as required by previous reviewers then it is hard to criticise the issue .
My one area of concern for the owners is the communication status - The hotel needs to have Sky TV installed giving the residents more choice of English programs , and some background music channels . Also as part of the comms refurb , the old televisions should be retired gracefully , being.replaced with modern flat screen varieties . A costly investment for the owners but would bring great benefits in customer satisfaction reports .
The paved walkway cliff top stroll to Rubicon Marina is a must and onwards into Playa Blanca takes approximately 35 minutes . The hotel offers a courtesy bus almost into Playa Blanca and can be used to break either the outward or return journey .
Overall , a fabulous holiday experience and we will return next year .

Room Tip: Full sea view rooms are well worth the supplement .
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank colin m

Dear Colin,

We highly value the time you spent to share your experience and suggestions about our hotel IBEROSTAR Papagayo, we took into consideration all the suggestions you brought up to our attention and will definitely look into them. Your wellbeing and your entire satisfaction is our primary goal.

Your enthusiasm for our staff is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation; we will certainly not fail to convey your very kind compliments to all of them.

In IBEROSTAR we have a true passion for gastronomy and are fully aware that meals are an aspect of primary importance for our guests to enjoy their holidays abroad, this is why our expert team of chefs strives to surprise our guests with high quality culinary delights both local and international, so as be able to savor many different flavors at every single meal and make it one of the best added values to their holiday among us;

Once more, thank you for your heartwarming review; we hope that you had a pleasant journey back home and look forward to welcoming you back next year, ensuring you in advance of our utmost commitment to offer you another “fabulous holiday experience” among us.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Mmmm. Where do I start?? I read a lot if reviews on here and I like to have an open mind when I go anywhere but unfortunately some of the negative points rang true! The air conditioning was awful and it wasn't just my room as we had 3 rooms! My mini bar fridge was actually warm with mould in! When I told reception they said it wasn't a fridge but a mini bar!!!The hotel decor is dated and tired looking but overall it's pretty clean. I thought 1 tennis court and no football pitch for the kids was inadequate for a hotel of its size.The food wasn't too bad on fact my wife and I agree it was one of the good points of the hotel. I did see atleast 3 people complaining about the food but I didn't find it that bad! The walk to playa Blanca is a nice one, not too long but long enough to feel like you've earnt that ice cream. The entertainment wasn't bad, the magician they had was really good and very talented! We didn't go in the pool it didn't look to inviting with its black tiles, down to taste I know but it just didn't look that great to us! Overall not a bad hotel but could spend a bit on updating and improvements to become a lot better! Probably give it 3 stars would be fare.

• Stayed: October 2013
6  Thank Munkeymilk
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at THe Mirador Papagayo, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your personal impressions on your recent stay at our IBEROSTAR Papagayo hotel. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary, improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.

We lament hearing your dissatisfaction with the lack of air conditioning however the temperatures in December being cooler we use the equipment to heat the pool so as to make it more inviting for our guests; The mini bar in the room is a maintainer, not a fridge; following your comment of course we have controlled all the mini bars and found them to operate properly.

We also took good note of your comment on the activities for kids and although we understand that you would have expected a football pitch or a tennis court, we do offer a full entertainment program in our Mini Club for our little guests to be entertained and meet other children from different nationalities and enrich their holiday experience among us; nevertheless a full description of our hotel amenities and services is available both on our website and brochure.

On the other hand, at IBEROSTAR we believe that nice leisure activities and entertaining evening shows are part of the real holiday feeling this is why our animation team strives to offer a wide range of activities for our guests to join in, we are glad to read this was a pleasant aspect of your stay among us.

Moreover, the passion for gastronomy being one of the prime pillars of our company, we are glad to read your satisfaction with our restaurant where our professional Chefs strive to surprise our guests with a high standard gastronomy and the possibility to savor the best of the local cuisine as well as the finest international delights.

Last but not least, we thank you for pointing out the cleanliness of our installations, being fully aware that this is an aspect of primary importance for our guests to feel comfortable in our hotel.

Once again, thank you for your time; we hope that you had a pleasant journey back home and would be enchanted to accommodate you again in our hotels all over the world and to assist you on the planning of your next holiday through our call center from where we can give you all the relevant information and help you choose the IBEROSTAR hotel that best meets your holiday needs and wishes.