We wanted some winter sun, and so headed to Playa Blanca and this hotel after some personal recommendations.
The hotel is about a ten minute walk to Marina Rubicon, whilst to get to the main resort centre it is probably about 45 minutes at a stroll. There is a free shuttle bus though a few times a day. It is a very peaceful setting, next to the sea, with no other hotel adjacent. The public bus stop is a few minutes walk away too. Buses run every hour to the main resort centre. There is a good value supermarket and snack bar just up the road.
We had a lovely room overlooking the pool and the sea, with a huge balcony. The twin beds were very comfortable, and there was also a sofa and coffee table. The fridge was great for storing drinks and snacks as we didn't go all inclusive. Loads of storage, and good wardrobe space, but not many hangers so think about bringing your own. Bathroom was great, with a big bath and powerful shower. The room was showing its age a little, but this was more wear and tear than poor maintenance.
Great food in the restaurant, a big buffet at breakfast and dinner. No shorts or vests allowed for men in the evening, which is quite correct in my view. There is always a roast or griddle option for meat, and fish was abundant. Very good salads and desserts. If you want a pizza or some pasta then that is readily available. The wine was OK but a little overpriced for what it was.
There are two bars in the main block. The lobby bar is pleasant but unpretentious. The lounge bar is on the lowest floor and is quite small and we found it got a bit too warm at times, perhaps the air conditioning was switched off. Also, the cocktail menu was a little limited.
The evening entertainment is very good, the African dancers in particular. The entertainment team were talented, friendly and gregarious as you would expect. The staff on the whole were efficient, hard working and helpful. A credit to Iberostar.
The pool area is very nicely laid out, aesthetically pleasing. Lots of sunbeds and terrace space. In fact the design of the hotel is in keeping with the area and is very attractive.
A very nice hotel, thoroughly enjoyable on the whole and we easily got our money's worth. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo, located close to the beach Playa de las Coloradas and next to the paradisiac beaches of Playas de Papagayo, is an optimal place to enjoy your family vacation in Lanzarote. This four-star- resort features 291 ample rooms distributed in two buildings of three floors each. It disposes of two pool for adults and two for children, restaurant, snack bars and a conference room. The wide offer of entertainment, sports activities, leisure and relaxing has been conceived for every family member to enjoy this experience to the maximum. For it, Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo offers among others a gym, a spa center, a multipurpose sports court as well as kayak and bike rental service. Naturally, the little ones will have great fun at our Mini Club. Due to its touristic attractiveness and its good infrastructure, Lanzarote is the ideal venue for holding multiple events such as weddings, congresses, conferences and business meetings. Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo offers modern facilities with the audiovisual equipment for celebrating this kind of events. With spectacular views over Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island, here you have everything at your disposal for your “tailor-made” vacations. Discover with Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo a universe full of tiny pleasures. An unforgettable experience to share in good company in an idyllic place. Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo disposes of 291 rooms, four of them adapted for people with disabilities. Each of the five categories Double Superior Sea View, Familiar Room, Double Sea View, Double Sea Side View and Double Standard puts everything at your disposal for you to immerse in the blue color of the Atlantic. Your wellness and the comfort at your feet. You will find us in Lanzarote, the “island of the volcanoes”. As expected, it was declared Reserve of the Biosphere in 1993 by the UNESCO. This place is magic: natural paradises where the golden sand meets the crystal-clear waters of the Atlantic, volcanic landscapes and unusual tropical vegetation. This island is pure contrast, it´s land of fusion of work of art and nature. It´s the place of exceptional landscapes of unique beauty. The views from our hotel will leave you breathless: in the horizon Lobos Island and Fuerteventura appear. Furthermore, close to Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo you will find the port Marina Rubicon, a place to enjoy a walk while contemplating the sea and the sailing boats, have a drink or go for some tapas, or go shopping at the flea market or at the shops around. With its average annual temperature of 22°C, Lanzarote not only is an optimal place for practicing water sports, but it also offers everything for you to enjoy the vacation you deserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your THe Mirador Papagayo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Papagayo Hotel Lanzarote
- Iberostar Hotel Papagayo
- Iberostar Playa Blanca
- THe Mirador Papagayo Lanzarote/Playa Blanca