My wife and I have just returned after a 7 day holiday, our first at the Papagayo Iberostar. We were all inclusive. The great reviews regarding this hotel helped us in deciding to book the holiday and the prior reviews have lived up to expectations. I concur with all the reviews relating to the great staff, room (we had a sea view and pool view combined), food and overall service.
A couple of special points worth noting. Staff walking around the pool and bar every day offering free ice creams, smoothies, candy bars, sweets and crips is a very nice touch! The Animation team members lead the usual activities but a nice addition was providing simple games to play actually sat on your sun lounger was a great addition e.g. higher/lower card game, velcro ball target shoot - the guy in the target cape was very tall and made a great target! So the game activity comes to you rather than you having to go to it.
Finally, a couple of pointers. The hotel does not provide Sky Sports so for those of you wanting to watch rugby/football etc you either have to walk into the main town area (20 min), or take a short walk to a sports bar by coming out of the hotel onto the prom and turn left (5min). The WiFi 24/7 network access costs 20Euro for 7 days and like others, I find this rather expensive. However, if you use your iPad, mobile etc and search the WiFi connections, you will find 'FREEPOINT'. This provides free WiFi for 30 mins per 24 hour period. I used it on my iPad and mobile so I had a total of 1 hour WiFi per day - plenty to check mail etc. You need to be sat near the pay as you go work stations situated in the bar area to get a good signal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo, located close to the beach Playa de las Coloradas and next to the paradisiac beaches of Playas de Papagayo, is an optimal place to enjoy your family vacation in Lanzarote. This four-star- resort features 291 ample rooms distributed in two buildings of three floors each. It disposes of two pool for adults and two for children, restaurant, snack bars and a conference room. The wide offer of entertainment, sports activities, leisure and relaxing has been conceived for every family member to enjoy this experience to the maximum. For it, Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo offers among others a gym, a spa center, a multipurpose sports court as well as kayak and bike rental service. Naturally, the little ones will have great fun at our Mini Club. Due to its touristic attractiveness and its good infrastructure, Lanzarote is the ideal venue for holding multiple events such as weddings, congresses, conferences and business meetings. Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo offers modern facilities with the audiovisual equipment for celebrating this kind of events. With spectacular views over Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island, here you have everything at your disposal for your “tailor-made” vacations. Discover with Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo a universe full of tiny pleasures. An unforgettable experience to share in good company in an idyllic place. Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo disposes of 291 rooms, four of them adapted for people with disabilities. Each of the five categories Double Superior Sea View, Familiar Room, Double Sea View, Double Sea Side View and Double Standard puts everything at your disposal for you to immerse in the blue color of the Atlantic. Your wellness and the comfort at your feet. You will find us in Lanzarote, the “island of the volcanoes”. As expected, it was declared Reserve of the Biosphere in 1993 by the UNESCO. This place is magic: natural paradises where the golden sand meets the crystal-clear waters of the Atlantic, volcanic landscapes and unusual tropical vegetation. This island is pure contrast, it´s land of fusion of work of art and nature. It´s the place of exceptional landscapes of unique beauty. The views from our hotel will leave you breathless: in the horizon Lobos Island and Fuerteventura appear. Furthermore, close to Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo you will find the port Marina Rubicon, a place to enjoy a walk while contemplating the sea and the sailing boats, have a drink or go for some tapas, or go shopping at the flea market or at the shops around. With its average annual temperature of 22°C, Lanzarote not only is an optimal place for practicing water sports, but it also offers everything for you to enjoy the vacation you deserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your THe Mirador Papagayo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Papagayo Hotel Lanzarote
- Iberostar Hotel Papagayo
- Iberostar Playa Blanca
- THe Mirador Papagayo Lanzarote/Playa Blanca