my wife and i,and a friend stayed at the papagayo 9th-16th december,our fourth stay and our friend,s third.i have written a review once before ,after our first stay.firstly some minor criticism,which doesn,t detract from our enjoyment at the hotel.my wife and i had a double room(531)and our friend had a double for single use(515)our room was rather smaller than our friends room,but perfectly adequate for the two of us.we could have swapped ,i suppose,but our friend had been allocated her room first as ours was not ready,and she was happy where she was.our room was at the end of the corridor ,which i think,explains the size of the room.we had a better view of the sea,and over to fuerteventura.check in seems to take longer than other hotels we have stayed in.reception staff have to fill out a form manually which takes a bit of time,we have stayed in sol hotels and a swipe of your passport through a scanner and it is done in seconds.simples!!i know that you don,t go on holiday to watch the tv,but in the winter ,when it is dark early,it would be nice to have a bit more choice than bbc world news.this is the only english language channel available,so,come on management, and give us more choice,it can,t be that difficult.now the good points,which easily outweigh the minor moans.the staff are among the best we have encountered on our travels.always smart and courteous.the food is marvellous for a buffet,a good selection ,freshly prepared,although the plates could do with being warm.plenty of loungers ,you don,t have to be out early to book your spot,although a few guests do,despite notices forbidding placing towels on sunbeds ,then disappearing for a couple of hours.we like the position of the hotel and enjoy walking to playa blanca along the walkway ,stopping at the marina for a coffee etc.we hired a car,a fiat panda,which was adequate for the three of us.booked it through pluscars.picked it up at the airport and it only cost 77euros for the week.we booked the flights with jet2 from glasgow,and booked the hotel direct,on iberostar website.worked out a lot cheaper than a package.most guests seem to go all inclusive,but half board suited us fine .so,to sum up ,great hotel,marvellous staff,good food,all the ingredients for a good holiday.we will certailnly be back for a fifth visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo, located close to the beach Playa de las Coloradas and next to the paradisiac beaches of Playas de Papagayo, is an optimal place to enjoy your family vacation in Lanzarote. This four-star- resort features 291 ample rooms distributed in two buildings of three floors each. It disposes of two pool for adults and two for children, restaurant, snack bars and a conference room. The wide offer of entertainment, sports activities, leisure and relaxing has been conceived for every family member to enjoy this experience to the maximum. For it, Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo offers among others a gym, a spa center, a multipurpose sports court as well as kayak and bike rental service. Naturally, the little ones will have great fun at our Mini Club. Due to its touristic attractiveness and its good infrastructure, Lanzarote is the ideal venue for holding multiple events such as weddings, congresses, conferences and business meetings. Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo offers modern facilities with the audiovisual equipment for celebrating this kind of events. With spectacular views over Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Lobos Island, here you have everything at your disposal for your “tailor-made” vacations. Discover with Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo a universe full of tiny pleasures. An unforgettable experience to share in good company in an idyllic place. Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo disposes of 291 rooms, four of them adapted for people with disabilities. Each of the five categories Double Superior Sea View, Familiar Room, Double Sea View, Double Sea Side View and Double Standard puts everything at your disposal for you to immerse in the blue color of the Atlantic. Your wellness and the comfort at your feet. You will find us in Lanzarote, the “island of the volcanoes”. As expected, it was declared Reserve of the Biosphere in 1993 by the UNESCO. This place is magic: natural paradises where the golden sand meets the crystal-clear waters of the Atlantic, volcanic landscapes and unusual tropical vegetation. This island is pure contrast, it´s land of fusion of work of art and nature. It´s the place of exceptional landscapes of unique beauty. The views from our hotel will leave you breathless: in the horizon Lobos Island and Fuerteventura appear. Furthermore, close to Hotel THe Mirador Papagayo you will find the port Marina Rubicon, a place to enjoy a walk while contemplating the sea and the sailing boats, have a drink or go for some tapas, or go shopping at the flea market or at the shops around. With its average annual temperature of 22°C, Lanzarote not only is an optimal place for practicing water sports, but it also offers everything for you to enjoy the vacation you deserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your THe Mirador Papagayo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Papagayo Hotel Lanzarote
- Iberostar Hotel Papagayo
- Iberostar Playa Blanca
- THe Mirador Papagayo Lanzarote/Playa Blanca