Just returned from a weeks vacation. Having read previous reviews I was pleasantly surprised at the standards set at Rio Playa Blanca. It certainly exceeded my expectations. The room, gardens and pool areas were spotless. The food was a bit repetitive but then again, you are having three meals a day? How many options do you have at home unless you dine out at a different themed restraunt each evening? The hotel staff were very good if perhaps over-worked. The entertainment staff were tremendous, full of energy, enthusiasm and patience.
This was only my second All Inclusive holiday and my first for twelve years so I cannot accurately compare like for like but we certainly enjoyed it. The hotel wasnt full and I suspect it may be too busy during the summer months which would obviously increase queuing times at the bars and restrict involvement in the daytime and evening activities. I believe one week is enough but if you fancy a good value short sunshine break out of high season then I recommend this hotel.
Briefly as regards the resort ...........Playa Blanca is lovely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Rio Playa Blanca is situated in the south of the island in a tranquil location at the edge of the village Playa Blanca, in the middle of a wonderful garden of palm trees. The sandy Playa Flamingo beach and the beach promenade can be reached within approx. 500 mtrs and the village center of Playa Blanca with its restaurants, bars and shops after approx. 1500 mtrs. A free shuttle bus service is arranged several times a day to the “Dino Park” at the sister hotel Paradise Island. The main building and the 190 one story bungalows are distributed on the approx. 80.000m2 grounds. The reception with Internet corner (against charge), a salon bar and the restaurant with non smoking zone and terrace can be found in the main building. Wifi is available throughout the entire premises against charge. The hotel facilities include as well a pool bar, 2 freshwater pools (one of them heated 01/11-30/04), a sun terrace with sun beds (free) and a playground. Pool towels will be provided against a small deposit. A multi purpose sport ground, Boccia, Darts and table football, as well as a varied daytime animation program and evening shows /live music complete the offered arrangements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Rio Playa Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hl Rio Hotel Playa Blanca
- Hl Rio Playa Blanca
- Rio Playa Blanca Lanzarote
- Hotel Rio Playa Blanca Lanzarote