We stayed for 10 nights all inclusive, and were gutted to be going home. It was our 1st holiday abroad as a family of 5, the youngest 2 children had never been over seas until this holiday. Our boys, aged 8 and 5 spent most of their time in the pool and made some great new friends, who they are now pen friends with. We were a little weary going all inclusive as have been previously to other all inclusive hotels and been stuck with larger lout Brits, but thankfully all of the families at the Rio Playa Blanca were lovely.
The waiting staff were very helpful and we were amazed at how hard they worked to keep the dining room clean and keep tables ready for use. As we were in a party of 11, the staff asked if we would like a table reserving each meal time, and even made sure a high chair was ready for my daughter.
I found that the meals were great for our family. The children all have different tastes but were happy with the choices available and went back for seconds most meal times.
It was good be able to let the children go to the bar to get their soft drinks as they wanted, this would have cost us a fortune if not all inclusive! Our 5 year old son, Oliver made good friends with "Mario" a member of the bar/catering team, who called Oli his best friend. All of the staff were great to our children. The kids loved the evening 'Mini Disco' where they learned songs and dances from different countries.
The rooms were spacious (even for our big family). The bedding and towels were clean and changed regularly. Yes, if I was being picky, the rooms are slightly dated and could do with freshening up, but overall we were quite happy with the accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Rio Playa Blanca is situated in the south of the island in a tranquil location at the edge of the village Playa Blanca, in the middle of a wonderful garden of palm trees. The sandy Playa Flamingo beach and the beach promenade can be reached within approx. 500 mtrs and the village center of Playa Blanca with its restaurants, bars and shops after approx. 1500 mtrs. A free shuttle bus service is arranged several times a day to the “Dino Park” at the sister hotel Paradise Island. The main building and the 190 one story bungalows are distributed on the approx. 80.000m2 grounds. The reception with Internet corner (against charge), a salon bar and the restaurant with non smoking zone and terrace can be found in the main building. Wifi is available throughout the entire premises against charge. The hotel facilities include as well a pool bar, 2 freshwater pools (one of them heated 01/11-30/04), a sun terrace with sun beds (free) and a playground. Pool towels will be provided against a small deposit. A multi purpose sport ground, Boccia, Darts and table football, as well as a varied daytime animation program and evening shows /live music complete the offered arrangements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your HL Hotel Rio Playa Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hl Rio Hotel Playa Blanca
- Hl Rio Playa Blanca
- Rio Playa Blanca Lanzarote
- HL Hotel Rio Playa Blanca Lanzarote