Went on a last minute deal looking for some January winter sun ( it was 23 - 26 degrees every day - lovely). We paid £400 each for a week for all inclusive 'superior room' which was very good value. Yes there are lots of better hotels out there but for what we paid it would be picky to start complaining. Right on the sea front and sandy beach with about 20 to 30 minute walk along the well lit prom to the centre of town; plenty of bars etc on the way if you fancy a change.
The buffet meals were generally good, the upstairs buffet was for adults while we were there with the ground floor one for families which was a good idea (as we had no kids) - same food. Lots of choice. Bit short staffed at times but generally drinks service very good.
You are allowed one meal a week on all inclusive at their Italian restaurant on the prom which we felt was enough; we would not have wanted to pay for it; service poor and food just OK. Buffet was more organised with better food.
Blue Moon bar had 'family' entertainment followed after by bingo on some nights which cleared the room!! Must be difficult to get in at peak times. Bar staff in there a lacking some customer service skills. Local drinks throughout hotel on all inclusive; local beer (Tropical) the best cure for constipation you could ever get if you get my drift! Local wine passable drink. Cocktails seemed to be from a carton.
Room was quite big with decent beds - advertised as having a DVD player which it did not. Small kitchenette with kettle, fridge etc which was handy. Ran out of hot water when showering; very small hot tank in each unit. Had to wait 20 minutes for it to warm up again. Maid service 5 days a week but we did not know which days the maid was coming.
Going after the new year break we assumed that all the kids would be back at school but there were under 5's everywhere. Loads of different swimming pools for them. So really not a hotel for couples. If we went back we would go out more in the evening after eating and avoid the entertainment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Club Gold medal in 2007 and 2008 with Thomson.Flamingo beach just some steps away.Great offer of Restaurants, bars and entertainment.Football pitch and tennis court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Playa Blanca
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Playa Flamingo Apartments
- Playa Flamingo Lanzarote
- TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca