This is the 3rd year we have been to the Playa Flamingo in Playa Blanca and I have to say we have never been disappointed.
We are not generally a family who revisits the same holiday destination again and again, but we were so taken with these apartments that we have come back and have never been disappointed!
We do normally have a week away towards the beginning of the year and 2 weeks later in the year. Playa Flamingo is our first choice for our week at the beginning of the year.
The apartments are well equipped and scrupulously clean. Bedding and towels are changed 5 out of 7 days a week and the maid often leaves flowers in your bathroom or bedroom. We always go self catering although now I understand that you can go all inclusive if you want to.
There is lots to do with a young family. The first year we came our son was not very confident in the water so we stayed by the tots pool, but the second year, he was in the main pool and this is where the activities are. You can be as involved as you like - there is playful teasing for those who remain on their loungers! You can expect water aerobics in the pool in the morning and some child activities by the pool bar around lunchtime. In the afternoon there was water polo which my husband always took part in and a quiz later on.
As the supermarkets on the complex were so well stocked we had breakfast and lunch in the apartment and then went out for dinner in the evening, often down to the harbour. But a mention must be given to the Chinese restaurant along the promenade - the food is delicious and the staff are so friendly. There is also a bouncy castle just outside for the children. This is definately our favourite place to eat.
Also the weather at this time of year (May) makes the holiday. We have only seen rain (and this was a very brief shower) on 1 occasion - the rest of the time it is fabulous! Perfect for laying in the sun!
Overall this is a great destination, but like anything, if fits the profile - Family orientated - anyone expecting anything else probably will not enjoy this destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Club Gold medal in 2007 and 2008 with Thomson.Flamingo beach just some steps away.Great offer of Restaurants, bars and entertainment.Football pitch and tennis court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Orbitz so you can book your TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Playa Blanca
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Playa Flamingo Apartments
- Playa Flamingo Lanzarote
- TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca