“A lovely holiday village”

and 1 more site!
TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort
Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“A lovely holiday village”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed here for a week from 1st September as a party of 8 which included grandparents, parents, aunties, a 3yr old and a 9 month old, and were very pleased with our first stay at a Holiday Villlage.
The main buffet restaurant was lovely, food was great (though there was no special children's section of food and the 3 year old had chicken nuggets and chips for 7 days)... and the staff were very pleasant and helpful throughout the hotel. There are also other restaurants you can eat at during your stay, and we were impressed with them all. Our rooms were classed as 'superior' and though were fine, cleaned regularly and comfortable; - we didn't really feel that they were anything extra special. This is a First Choice Hotel and they have numerous reps who work hard providing constant entertainment, and while our grandchildren were a bit young for it all, the older children all seemed to really love it. The main activity pool is always very busy and there is the usual rush to reserve the sunbeds around there. The other 'quieter' pools are not so busy and some of them are easier for the toddlers to paddle in. The hotel is on the beach, and there are lovely walks along the front.
Our only criticism was that the 'baby pack' we paid extra for through First Choice was not in our room when we arrived as promised and I objected to the attitude of the rep who insisted it was there. I know I didnt have my glasses, but I knew I couldn't have missed a buggy, a highchair, sterilizer, changing mat, sun tent, blender....! Anyway, when it eventually arrived, there was no highchair or blender and the same rep again spoke to me as though I was daft, and said they never provide highchairs or blenders and didn't believe me when I said that's what had been described in the 'baby pack.' Not having a blender was a nuisance as we then had to buy jars of baby food for the 9 month old. The 'sun tent' I had expected to be a pop up sort, but was a sort of gazebo which took two people to erect and then we realised there were pieces missing! Unfortunately it was the same rep who was at the desk when we took it back and asked for it to be exchanged..... And to top it all, when we managed to put it up, it was totally impractical for the beach, the baby could crawl out of all four sides and it acted like a parachute and took off in the wind....
Overall, we had no complaints about the holiday village itself, its perfect for families and would definitely recommend it. The problems we had were due to First Choice themselves and not the fault of the hotel. Also I had emailed them ahead explaining that my grandson would have his 3rd birthday while we were there, hoping for a little bit of recognition on the day....sadly nothing materialised.
Our recommendation would be to ask for a room at ground level if you have young children. Our rooms had 13 steps which proved difficult with 2 buggies......

Room Tip: I think there seemed different bonuses for most of the rooms, but ask for one with few steps if you...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank toffeeman4
JJonayAfonso, General Manager at TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear customers,
Thank you for your email. I am very happy that your experience in Flamingo has been as expected. Hope to see you soon again.
regards
Jonay Afonso .
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (756)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Cork
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed here for a week and most say this was a great hotel, the staff couldn't be any friendlier. we went with the all inclusive,

you were able to go into the snack bar take what you wanted and the drink machines were on the counter so you can use then as much as you like. having Stayed in Playa Blanca a number of times, just because its all inclusive doesn't mean the food is one bit as nice as what you get in sea front. In fact I can safely say you will not miss a thing when it comes to eating in then eating out.

their is a lot of noise and events in the Main pool, luckily with this hotel offering 4 pool areas you can pick the lane swimming area which is a lot quite then what you get in the main area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David F
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and i went to this resort with friends and we both have 7 year old boys. We were extremely happy with the resort - it's massive and caters for children brilliantly.
We used the football acadamy (fantastic) and occasionally used the kids club which you could take to from 10am-9pm (just under 2 hour slots at a time).
The pools were so good plus being right next to the great beach meant our boys really spent a lot of time in the water playing. We used the activity pool a lot as the main one could get very busy.
The food was reasonable; if you don't expect a la carte you'll be fine. Got a little boring in the end but you could eat all day long if you wanted to. Evening entertainment in the main hall was very butlins - not our cup of tea but there was other bars and we also went out of the resort in the evening as you can walk along the promenade into Puerto de la Carmen.
The apartments were spacious and clean - our only grumble is that the beds were cheap and uncomfortable.
I would definitely recommend this resort - we had a great holiday and were well looked after by the hotel staff and Thomson reps. Always very accommodating. Was sad to go home!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your email. Thank you very much for your nice and friendly review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you son.
Regards

Jonay Afonso
General Manager.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013

18 of us stayed at the flamingo beach holiday village from 22august to the 5 th September, we had a great time, food was gorgeous, plenty of choice. We had 6 children with us 2 16year olds, 2 11year olds, a 10 year old and a 4 year old, they didn't want to join kids club yet they were still entertained and had a fab holiday, kids disco is great mostly aimed at younger children and the evening entertainment put together by the first choice reps was brilliant, can't fault them they work really hard to ensure everyone's enjoying themselves, shout out to Frank guaranteed he will have you laughing at him all night he's crazy. Would definitely go back! Only down fall, hotel needs some bigger slides for the older kids x

Room Tip: We had a few rooms between our group which were all in great locations and had easy access to everyt...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Everything was amazing!! no problems, no complaints the staff were so friendly and slways hsppy to help. Beth, Chris and the other bloke(oops sorry didn't find out ur name!!) loved u guys and hope to c u again - especially Beth, love 'Zumba' Kelly x x

• Stayed August 2013
East Retford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have just returned from 8 days here and I thoroughly enjoyed my time. Such a lovely place, very clean, stunning views and easily accessible. The food was delicious, such a variety. The staff were so friendly and helpful. The days were filled with loads of entertainment for adults and kids. The entertainment team were amazing, coming out every night with a new performance and performing it like they'd never performed it before. The entertainment was truly fantastic, a massive well done to Holly, Mel, Rachel, Jamie and Frank, you guys were amazing. The whole week was thoroughly enjoyable. I had a brilliant time and really didn't want to come home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear customers,
I wish to sincerely thank you for your recent review on our hotel. Guest Feedback is extremely important to us and my staff and I use this information to ensure that all guests have an enjoyable stay with us. I would also like to thank you for your kind comments on our staff and hotel.

Regards
Jonay Afonso.
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Staff,, food,, location everything here was amazing. I travelled on my own with my two small children aged 3 and 4. And was worried on how I would cope but this hotel was exactly what I needed. Beautiful place. The first choice staff happy n always willing to help. Evening entertainment not brilliant but ok. Apart from that the holiday is 10 out of 10 for me. Defantly going back again

• Stayed August 2013
Hotel Hesperia Lanzarote Playa Dorada
Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote
Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote
#6 of 37 in Playa Blanca

Been to TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!