“Amazing holiday!”

and 1 more site!
TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Just returned from a lovely holiday at the Flamingo Beach. I travelled with my husband, 3 year old son 11 month old daughter, my mum and mum in law.
We requested rooms that were close to each other but in a quiet area and Victor Gonzalez was a superstar in doing just that.

All the hotel staff were amazing, a special thanks to Eva at the quiet pool bar.

The complex itself is very clean and the pools are very good but a little chilly. We spent most of our time at the Mickey Mouse pool which is perfect for crawlers as the water is shallow enough for babies to crawl through.

The food is really lovely. I was a little bit worried about what my 11 month old would eat, but there was plenty of choice for her, including already blended food in the El Chef restaurant. It's also nice to be able to eat in various different restaurants throughout the week.

My son went to the kids club a couple of times and really enjoyed it. He really took to the kids reps who were all really good.

All in all a fantastic holiday village made even better with the hotel staff and first choice reps.

1  Thank eliza1w
Write a ReviewReviews (2,990)

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We have just returned from a week at the Flamingo Beach with a 10 year old and a 1 year old in tow. It really was a holiday of 2 halves and I can see why this resort divides opinion. First impression was good, the complex is clean and nicely set out for it's size. Check-in was speedy and the staff polite.

Then it all started to go downhill. . . Our accommodation was poor, very poor. Broken tiles, dirty floors and sinks, dirty, stained sheets it was tired and shabby and there were numerous hazards for a toddleing 1 year old. The cot was dirty, and had so many slats missing it was a surprise the mattress was even held in place.

We then realised we had no hot water, not even luke warm. We informed reception and the first choice reps who advised us it was being dealt with and would be working by morning. Needless to say this wasn't the case - or by that evening. We were advised we could use the spa facilities to shower so off we went only to be told by the spa that they also had no hot water. So back to reception we went - and they finally agreed to move us. I can't understand why they even allocated these rooms knowing there were water issues as the resort was hardly at full capacity. We had no help in moving rooms and it took up a fair amout of time to get sorted what with all the to-ing and froing.

The accommodation they moved us to was of a much better quality and if this was the first accommodation we had been given my negatives would have been minimal. To think that the accommodation varies so dramatically for exactly the same price as both were supposedly 'superior' rooms it is difficult to fathom. The second apartment was more of what we expected for the cost of the holiday. They also replaced the cot - it wasn't much of an improvement but it was an improvement all the same.

From then our experience improved as the living arrangements were far more comfortable.

As people have already said the food selection was vast but lacking variety. it was edible and we could always find something to please even the fussy 10 year old. The pool areas became busier as the week went on and although there are signs stating reservations of sun beds are not permitted - it still happens. A couple of times in the afternoons we found it difficult to find space around the main pools. The entertainment was pretty poor but they clearly put a lot of effort in and try hard to please so I have to give them some credit for dedication. The first choice reps were approachable and helpful.

It was our first experience of a holiday village and I had to keep reminding myself it was geared towards the kids as did feel like butlins abroad at times. I wouldn't recommend that anyone without children stayed here. Overall the holiday experience was average, we have stayed in far better first choice accommodation and the general feeling was that the holiday was quite overpriced. I think that people's experience really is luck of the draw and if you bag yourself a half decent apartment then reviews will be more positive. If like us you draw the short straw and end up in some poor excuse of 'superior' then they have to expect the poor reviews.

4  Thank Bondso
AngelRivero, General Manager at TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear customers
Thank you for your review.
We would like to apologize for the problems we had during 2 days with the hot water in some rooms. Over 70% of our hot water is coming from solar panels as this is an environmental hotel. Even though the temperature during your stay was hot, it is true that you should have had hotter water. We changed your room and I am glad that you liked our action/reaction. However I am a bit surprised about your comments about the cot. I will investigate it as we never had an issue with this.
Best regards
Angel

Reviewed May 14, 2013

A hive place in Flamingo. A bit pricey but t is located a hop skip and jump from flamingo beach. The rooms are nice and very spacious. They have a small casino a restaurant that saves all meals. Breakfast buffet is huge. Overall a nice place. A great pool

Room Tip: Get a ocean view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Having stayed at this Family hotel for a week, I can honestly say that the First Choice staff have done an amazing job with the entertainment and looking after my nephew from 10am till 11pm at night with 2 hour stays at a time.

They work very hard at both daytime and nighttime activities for the adults and children to enjoy around the pool,area and in the bar area also.

The main stage entertainment in the bar for the adults however is rather poor but the First Choice staff really do try to provide you with quality entertainment and you can't help but to enjoy yourself with their enthusiasm and ability to just be happy and keep going all night long. Entertainment finishes at 11pm so if your are in a room above the bar area then you are not disturbed by the noise from the bar.

The rooms are very spacious and have a small tv with the BBC 1 and 2 Wales channels included, there is a small,table a chair a sofa bed and a kitchen area with breakfast bar. The bedroom is also spacious with 2 single beds, a large mirror and desk and also a wardrobe which contains the safe. The bathroom has the usual facilities, a large mirror above a large sink, a bath with a shower on the wall and a toilet with plenty of space to move around in again.

Lighting in the room is provided when your door keycard is inserted into the machine and yes it has to be the keycard and not a sugar packet or blockbuster card! Your door is opened via a swipe of your card over the sensor.

You are given a band for all inclusive and this gets you unlimited drinks, ice cream and food from the restaurants. There is also 1 visit to the 3 speciality restaurants on the resort but this is per stay not per week and is allocated on arrival. Personally I found that the Italian was the poorest of the three for food taste and quality but still very nice "for free!"

The main pool area is cleaned at night and also first thing in the morning. The maids change the towels in your room 3 times a week. You can rent towels from the supermarket for 10euros each which is refundable when you give the towels back. There are plenty of sun beds so no need to rush for them!

The hotel is on a hillside and so people with walking difficulties may struggle here. There are ramps for wheelchairs all over the hotel to get up and down some of these are quite steep though! and also a lift to the top floor restaurant.

You can have your meals in either restaurant although the bottom restaurant is always busy. There is plenty of choice In the restaurants however this is the same every night with minimal changes, food choices are fresh fruit, meats, salads, cheeses, fish, fries and pizza, for breakfast there was the usual eggs, sausages, omelettes, cereal, etc....

The coke is actually real Pepsi and the same for the other soft drinks, not some cheap make. The ice cream is top quality also. Some people may find that information useful! There is a chocolate fountain and some dips to go in it, and the desserts are fantastic.

I would return here if I was travelling with children again but probably not just with my wife and no kids! Overall we had an enjoyable weeks stay and would recommend to families with young children.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Dazdisco
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We've just returned from a weeks stay at Flamingo Beach and our 5 yr old daughter didn't want to come home she enjoyed it so much. We stayed in a superior room which had a fab view. It was clean and had everything we needed for our stay. Kids entertainment started at 7.30pm in the blue moon bar, the first choice team do a great job of keeping the kids entertained till approx 9pm. My daughter loved the kids night shows and the daytime kids clubs. The food was good. There was plenty of choice - fresh fruit, salad, meat, cheese, fish, fries, pizza, potatoes, bread. The chef freshly cooked egg and/or a choice of omelette for breakfast and meat and fish each lunch and dinner. By the end of the week though there was little variation but dont let this put you off there was nothing wrong with any of the food. We preferred the downstairs restaurant for breakfast as it is busier the food is having to get topped up more so its always hot. The upstairs restaurant is quieter and has a great view. Best to get to either earlier on if you want to avoid the rush. The Italian restaurant was lovely. The Tex Mex and Grill were poor quality. Carte dor ice cream was available all day which was great. And fresh juice, water, alcohol is available all day. Would definitely go back again we really enjoyed our stay. The first choice entertainment team were fantastic and really made it a great holiday, thanks guys

8  Thank XCB81X
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed a Flamingo Beach for a week over the Easter Holidays.

Myself, my husband and our 2 year old son. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment and upgraded to the superior apartment. The apartment itself was great. The maids did a fantastic job cleaning and were always very friendly.

We arrived last as our coach left the airport very late. we were told by reception to put our bags into storage and straight to the restaurant as they had kept it open for us. My son was too tired and we need to get him to bed so my husband took him and i went in search of some food for the two of us to eat in the apartment. I went to the restaurant and explained our situation and although its not something they usually do they allowed me to take food back to the room. In fact they were so helpful they were pilling my plates and then wrapped it up for me!

There were two restaurants to eat in and one night we ate in the aditional tex-mex.
The food was great. Always something to eat. There is a childrens section that always had typical chips ect. However my son was more interested in the freshly cook fish and paella. The desserts were fantastic. in the downstairs restaurant there was a chocolate fountain. The chefs and waiting on staff were so friendly.

The disco started at 7 most nights. Our son really enjoyed it. we were out of holiday village season so the uk entertainment team werent on every night but the other entertainment staff were great.

The pools were good and there was always a sunlounger no matter what time you wanted one. The main pool did get busy and the small pool attached to it was very full of young child and some bigger children. We found the mickey mouse pool best suited to us as it was slightly calmer. The pool with the slides in was useless. My son was so excited when he first saw it that he raced to go on the fish slide. Hes fearless so got on it straight away and screamed when he went in the water. it was freezing! Such a shame as it was so cool that it was empty most of the time. I think if this pool was heated it would be brilliant.

The beach being so close was great with a little one. We went into Playa Blanca for a meal one night as a treat. We went into "the best restaurant in Playa Blanca" - my father in law. It wasnt as good as the hotel.

We are not really big drinkers so cant comment too much on the drinks. The wine was nice.

The majority of guests of the hotel seemed like nice families who have good jobs and work hard for their money. Everyone was pleasent and friendly, encoraging children to share their toys by the pool and things. No swearing and drunks, although we were back at the apartment by 9pm with our son in bed having a glass of wine on the patio.

I think the hotel is best suited to families. It is perfect and just makes holidays with young ones easy.

The only downside was that we werent lucky enough to get a beach front villa. If this was an upgrade I would have paid for it as it would be worth it.

We are seriously considering going back next year. It would be good to know if the two bedroom villas will be available at Easter 2014? And if it will be a holiday village.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kelly g
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We arrived at Flamingo beach on 2nd May 2013 and this was the first day of the season for the holiday village to open at Flamingo beach. From the start we are amazed at the staffing levels of the first choice reps as the hotel was a ghost town but despite this there was no let up from the reps who were generally pleased that guests had arrived. Our room was in an amazing location (94B) and had great facilities along with a large patio area with a sea view. Throughout the holiday more guests arrived but the hotel is so well equipped there was not much of a difference to the first few days when there with only a handful of guests. The food was of a good standard and with the addition of being able to eat at 3 themed restaurants more than ample for a weeks stay without even thinking of eating in town. However the biggest compliment I can pay to the hotel is the quality of the first choice entertainment staff working there. Tom, Chris and Sam were absolutely brilliant around the pool and engaged well with kids of all ages and adults alike.
I would definitely recommend this type of holiday for a family with kids under the age of 14.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family