I have never written a review on here before but reading some of the others I just felt I had to. This hotel/resort is really nice. It's the cheapest holiday we've been on by far, but just wanted to get away from the British weather, our main holiday is in the summer. All our other holidays have been Thomson Platinum or Sensatori and I'm quite fussy. I origianally ignored this hotel as its offical 2* and thomson 4. Well, no foriegn hotel is as good as our British star rating and can't believe other reviewers still expect it. I would rate the Sensatori we stayed In last year a 4* they give it a 5+!!
We went to mealtimes at various times of the day, we never had to wait for a table, the food was always hot, the show cooking was really good, a chocolate fountain every evening for the kids, fresh baked bread and tasty deserts. The restaurant was a bit manic at peak times, no worse than any other. It wasn't as large as some I've been to which meant the walk back from the buffet was not a trek. It was my husbands birthday when we were there, the hotel put a card and a bottle of wine in the room - nice touch. The staff are really friendly special mention to Eva on the pool bar who was lovely.
The room was a mini apartment and I believe they're all the same, it was comfortable, no frills, the fridge was handy. The sofabed in the lounge pulled out underneath and then you pull it upwards to make a double (the reviewers below obv didn't realise this) it wasn't ever so comfortable when I laid on it once but the kids never complained, it's supposed to be for their weight, not adults. The complex is right on the beach with a security gate in between. We were up that end away from the main pool nearer the smaller pool. The only let down in my opinion is the evening entertainment, it's run by a Swedish team not the normal standard, but that said, we enjoyed the fact we didn't have to wolf our meal down to get to the kids disco by 8, which is the normal pattern of our holidays.
The thomson kids club was great, our kids (6&3) have never been to one before, they loved it, I felt they were safe, the team were brilliant.
All in all, I've got great memories of this holiday, the weather was amazing, the food was great, we really chilled out, if that's what you're looking for - book it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Club Gold medal in 2007 and 2008 with Thomson.Flamingo beach just some steps away.Great offer of Restaurants, bars and entertainment.Football pitch and tennis court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Playa Blanca
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Playa Flamingo Apartments
- Playa Flamingo Lanzarote
- TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort Lanzarote/Playa Blanca