“Fantastic first choice team”

TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
wrexham
“Fantastic first choice team”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Just arrived back having spent the last week of october at the resort. It was our first experience of all inclusive and we havent been put off. We didnt see our 12 year old son other than when he wanted euros! RHIAN,KATE and TYLER worked their butts off to entertain us and are a credit to first choice. Food was fine we didnt go hungry! Drinks fine just not branded! Accomodation was what it said in the brochure,our appartment was A17 the views have to be seen .......... MAGNIFICENT. All in all a very enjoyable holiday we will return to this holiday village. One warning thoe this resort is dominated by british during the summer but come the last week of october its three quarters norwegians and as from the 1st of november is totally norwegian.My husbands only gripe was sports bar that didnt show the footie nor did any of the bars!!!!!

Room Tip: A17 looks over the quiet pool and bar magnificent views
2 Thank beth w

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (757)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I spent a week here at the end of October with our 4 year old son and we had a lovely relaxing week. It was very busy as it was half term and the pool areas and restaurants were very busy. However, we always got a seat in the restaurant upstairs, didnt queue for food or drinks and always manged to find a sunbed around the pool when we went in the afternooons.

We asked for a quiet room with a nice view before we arrived and we got a first floor apartment A26 next to the quiet childrens pool. This was a good position with a lovely sea view and it was very quiet during the day and at night. It was also well positioned for the quieter pool where we spent most of our afternoons. The room was fine. It was very clean and the beds in the main bedroom were comfortable. I could find fault with the quality of fittings in the apartment if I wanted to be picky but to be honest it just wasnt a priority to us.

We felt that the resort catered well for people who wanted a lively holiday as there was lots of entertainment around the main pool throughout the day. Whereas we wanted to enjoy a quieter holiday and therefore spent a lot more time around the quieter and smaller pools. Our 4 year old son went to kids club on a few occassions which he enjoyed. These were varied each day and ran througout the day which gave parents an opportunity to have a bit of time to themselves and for the children to spend some time with children of thier own age. There was plenty of entertainment throughout the evening also. Although we didnt go to any of the shows other parents did say that the children did enjoy the entertainment. The Atlantic Bar was a good place to go to in the evening as there is a childrens play area outside.

The food was fine. We much preferred the upstairs restaurant. I love fish, salad vegetables so I was very pleased with the choices. I ate fresh fish every day and was very pleased with the fresh tuna and salmon. I ate smoke salmon for breakfast most days and you could have fresh omlette or fried eggs cooked to order on the grill. The a la carte restaurants were allocated on arrival. We found the grill to be the best. The Mexican was ok but the Italian was quite poor. If you do eat there I wouldnt recommend the pizza. There was a lot of pizza left on plates.The alcohol was fine and what I would expect from a all inclusive resort. The measures of the spirits were very generous. Cocktails were of average quality but again they were drinkable. Snacks and icecream were available all day in the pool bar and the downstairs restaurant so you could not go hungry as you could eat all day if you wanted to.

The overall location of the hotel was excellent. The very nice beach was right at the front of the hotel. You did have to pay for sunbeds but we just took our towels and sat on them. Our son loved feeding the fish in the mornings and it is a good area for snorkelling. There is a nice promanade in both directions and we did the walk to the lighthouse. The walk to The Marina Rubicon is also a pleasant walk with lots of shops and cafes on route. Lovely in the evenings for a walk and regularly beautiful sunsets.

All in all we said that we would return to the hotel as it does have something for everyone. However, if I didnt have children I would most probably not choose this resort.

Room Tip: First floor room have a nice sea view. Ask for a room nearer to the smaller pools if you want a quie...
3 Thank dab23
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Very busy pools. Restaurants jam packed. Could not eat outside as not enough tables - what a shame as hotel is on an amazing beach with spectacular sunsets. Main restaurant had no/broken aircon and the sliding doors were broken so they were always shut. That meant restaurant was unbearably hot (it was 30 degrees outside so probably 35 inside). Not a nice place to eat, especially given we are in Lanzarote and would like to eat outside when we can! The Al La Carte options were also inside - they both had outside areas but we were told we had to sit inside! We may as well eat at home?

Staff did everything they could. It was very busy but there were not enough restaurant staff to set tables, replenish coffee cups etc. It seemed very chaotic - we did not enjoy any nice calm relaxing meals here!

Kids clubs were amazing as was creche and Football Academy. We were amazed by how brilliant the swimming lessons were - the teacher was just brilliant and my 4 year old learnt more from her than he has done in 3 years of lessons at home! Amy made the lessons so much fun and she was extremely professional. We were very impressed.
Evening entertainment for the kids was brilliant - our kids loved it.

The hotel is on a lovely beach with some nice restaurants overlooking it. Fabulous sunsets and the walk to Playa Blanca along the seafront is really nice.

Drinks weren't great. Wine tasted watered down at the bars and I got fed up with drinking from a plastic cup. Coffee was pretty awful. I ordered a sangria one day and got served something ready made from a carton - no fruit or ice. Not what I call a sangria. Cava was just sparkly apple juice I think!

Was very surprised that our First Choice bus from the airport had no seat belts. It's 2012? I understand that's illegal in Lanzarote? Whether or not that is the case, I would have expected First Choice to have ensured the safety of young children on its coaches. This was a real disappointment. Interestingly, we took the Fire Mountain (volcano tour) and that coach did have seat belts.

In summary, staff amazing (First Choice staff in particular). Kids facilities amazing too. Hotel too full to cope. Restaurant a real shame and not a pleasant ambience although food was fine. We wouldn't return.

3 Thank Michelle M
Glasgow
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Great hotel. Superior room on beach was worth the extra. lovely view and very quiet. The food was very good. lots of choice and the themed resturants ment you didnt get bored. my 2 year old daughter is a fussy eater and she always found something she liked. Wine and beer was very drinkable If you are going to take a drink back to your room they will give you a plastic cup (or a botle of wine if you go to the atlantic bar!). I used the creche twice and found the staff friendly and genuiniely interested in the kids being happy. I am not easily impressed by entertainers but the kids entertainment was excellent. Still singing that I 5live song!!!

5 Thank LindsE_12
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my partner and 9 yr old daughter from 14 - 25th October and it was the best holiday we have ever had. The food was great and varied, the room was as you'd expect from a 3* but always spotlessly cleaned and the entertainment was simply fantastic!
The reps worked extremely hard to keep all ages entertained, kids club was great as was daytime/evening entertainment. The reps were always approachable and participation in events was encouraged but not forcefully. The team are a credit to their organisations and we couldnt have hoped to share our holiday with a better bunch of entertainers. Put simply....a great holiday, leaving us with a nice tan and many great memory's!!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank L_cragg82
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Having just this evening arrived home from this hotel......travelled with first choice who are absolutely amazing.....
Upgraded or room prior to arrival...... all done..... hotel clean excellent staff.... facilities fantastic.... food great..bar and selections on AI very good
Entrainment run by FIRST CHOICE along with the kids clubs superb...... activities on all day from morning till midnight.....
Beach right at bottom of hotel and supermarkets on hand too
EXCELLENT WILL DEFINITELY BE RETURNING TO THIS ONE.......kids loved it I loved it all happy!!

Room Tip: Room 47A is next to main swimming pool if you have kids and want to be that close to pool and recept...
1 Thank Dumfries999
AngelRivero, Director General at TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear customers,
I wish to sincerely thank you for your recent review on our hotel. Guest Feedback is extremely important to us and my staff and I use this information to ensure that all guests have an enjoyable stay with us.

I would also like to thank you for your kind comments on our staff and hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look foward to welcoming you back to our hotel again at some date in the future.

regards
Angel
Stirling
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at the flamingo beach from 6th Sept until 13th Sept. We had read various reviews before we stayed and I wasn't very sure what to expect, however it exceeded my expectations and more! My husband and I stayed with our two sons aged 17 months and 4 years old, our children had a fantastic time which made us very happy. The entertainment team, reps and hotel staff do a great job and make the holiday extra special. We booked the superior room which was well worth the extra money, our room was on the beach front which was peaceful and picturesque. We had e-mailed the hotel before we arrived to request a quieter room and we were most definitely given one.

Generally I am very fussy about entertainment, activities and standard of accommodation, I feel this holiday village offered something for everyone therefore you only get involved if you want to. Would recommend this as a family holiday and we will definitely be returning again.

Room Tip: Great holiday with young children. Rooms that look on to the beach are quieter!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote
Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote
#6 of 37 in Playa Blanca
Hotel Hesperia Lanzarote Playa Dorada

Been to TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!