“A lovely family holiday... lovely memories!”

TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort
Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
“A lovely family holiday... lovely memories!”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Firstly I'd like to say that some of the reviews on here, I think are really unfair. In regards to the food the comments of 'little choice' are outrageous!! There was ample amounts of fresh fruit, cereals, salads, meats and treats. The staff at this hotel do not stop and tend to your every need, constant cleaning and clearing up. As for the entertainment and kids club staff... they made my children's holiday, endless entertainment day and night, they allowed us to relax for a couple of hrs every evening whilst they fully entertained the kids... yes a bit repetitive but kids respond well to this.... and it's all about the kids! The only 2 things which SLIGHTLY let the place down, the pools, a little cold 4 my liking and the rooms a LITTLE dated, but who spends a lot of time in their rooms when they have the fab weather playa blanca has?! beach was lovely!! overall a lovely family holiday!

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank thomasti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (758)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Bath
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I don't normally write reviews but after reading what some people have put on here I thought I would as I don't know where they were staying but it certainly seems it wasn't at the hotel I was in. We stayed from 25th September for a week in C29 which was brillant right on the beach front with wonderful views - there was a slight sewage smell but certainly not the hotel's fault. There was a good variety of food and three Al Carte Restaurants - I don't really know what some people expect - this was everything I expected for the money I paid - we normally go to Florida every year but wanted to save some money this year as do most of us - we have been to Lanzarote many times and it was in fact better than previous places we have stayed in. We had a brillant time exactly what we all needed some sun, to be able to sit by a pool, chill out and forget about work for a week and can I say we are certainly not Chavs!!! as people appear to say on here.

3 Thank Huzzmeister
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2011

First of all let me say that the bad reviews on here are a complete load of rubbish. OK, there are things that could do with some fine tuning, I have been to 5 star hotels that aren't perfect, but overall the hotel is good value for money. The staff are friendly and will do anything to accommodate you and most families are allocated ground floor rooms so no negotiating the 'few' stairs. The food is excellent and there is a great deal of variation, the fact that you can also visit the 3 themed restaurants during your stay is most welcome, not because of the food in the main restaurant but because you need a change of scenery. The food in these themed restaurants is just as good as the self service and you are in no way rushed as intimated. One excellent idea is the take-away boxes, a great idea if you get the munchies late at night, if you want to eat your lunch by the pool or on the beach or for families who want to feed their children in the apartment. The drinks are of a quality you would expect from an all-inclusive (if you don't like local drinks, don't go all-inclusive - simple). The hotel is clean and up to date and the rooms are kept spotless. It is a great family orientated hotel which obviously means that there isn't a great deal of adult entertainment but that is to be expected. However, the entertainment for the children is fantastic and the team work hard. There is a well equipped gym and indoor pool if you just want to swim. The beach is wonderful. It is not private to the hotel but well worth going to and the town isn't that far away, you can walk to the taxi rank in 10mins and that's at a stroll and what a lovely stroll, right by the sea and looking over to Fueterventura. There are rooms with different views obviously. One tip I would give is that if you want a quite room with a good view email the manager and ask to be near the quite pool. However, on saying that my cousin and his wife, who joined us by surprise, overlooked the sun terrace that overlooked the beach and they were more than happy. The pools are kept spotless and all have life-guards. There are more than enough sunbeds throughout the complex and I never saw any rush for beds, the sun-terrace areas were almost empty! Overall I would say that this hotel is good value for money - would I go back; yes. For those of you that constantly moan and complain about hotels, perhaps you shouldn't go abroad or perhaps you should go to a 5 star hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms near the quite pool have good views
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Nettie1957
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2011

this was one of the best holidays we have ever had. the staff are so freindly and helpfull,we did get a bit worryed when we booked it then read the reveiws,but thankfully it was all we was exspecting and more,we had a beutifull sea veiw,the beach is like 30 seconds away,the apartment was very clean,the maids came regually,the food was pretty good for all enclusive, the steak house was amazing we loved it,the kids entertainment was some of the best iv seen were they get their energy from i dont know they did things like snorkelling and canooing in the main pool,it just goes on all day, if you dont want to be near all the activities you can go over to the quiet side which is nice.with your meals you get to have 3 out per week in the different alacarte restaurants and there all very nice italian was really nice,wasnt as keen on the mexican but im not really into mexican food anyway,the breakfast buffet was really nice,could of done with better bacon,it was a bit fatty,but it was ok,there was allways plenty to choose from and you could also take fruit back to your room and whatever else you wanted as you had fridges and your aloud take away boxes.beds were fairly comfy,would definately go back

Room Tip: top floors good you should have a sea veiw then.
1 Thank emma-waz-kelsey
Glasgow
Reviewed October 7, 2011

While we stayed at this hotel both my kids fell ill and my youngest was so unwell and had such a high fever that she had a seizure and was taken by ambulance to hospital on our last day. We missed our flight home as she was hospitalised and had to make our own arrangements for flights home. On return home she was diagnosed with Cryptosporidium which is a parasite which can be can be contracted though affected swimming pools.

There were lots of other kids there whose parents told us they had been unwell also. We had to spend most of our final days of our holiday in the room cleaning up sick and changing the little one's nappies as she was having diarrhoea so frequently. When we asked if we could keep the room on later for this reason we got told we had to leave at 2:30pm and we weren't getting collected til 6pm. We had to take my 4 year old girl out of bed to vacate the room and she was still vomitting as we left the room then lie her on a couch in the hotel lobby until the bus arrived.

Don't really have anything else to say about this place because that was such a low point for us that our holiday was ruined.

8 Thank BohoChick
AngelRivero, General Manager at TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Dear customers,
Thank you for your review. First of all I hope your child is better. Let me please inform you that all the lab tests made on our pools that we do on a monthly basis have proved to be negative with cryptosporidium. We follow also very strict procedures and everytime there is a fecal incident caused by one child the pool is closed and all procedures take place. I am really sorry if your child suffered from that parasite but I can guarantee you that it was not in our hotel.
regards
Angel
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I have just returned from a 11 night stay at the Flamingo Beach Hotel with my partner, our 10 yr old son and our toddler son who is 23 months old.
Its the best holiday we have ever had - Hotel was spotless, all the staff were friendly, the food was out of this world - different choices at every meal - no way was the food horrible and under cooked - reading some of these reviews and i would definitely think I was in a different hotel.
The lager, spirits and soft drinks were great and not watered down.
The ice-cream was all Carte D'or.
The only negatative for me was the room upgrade - this wasnt worth it.
If you require a quiet room, sea view etc email Angel the Hotel Manager with your request.
I would recommend this Hotel to anyone.
Excellent, excellent, excellent :-))

Room Tip: Email the Hotel Manager - Angel a few weeks before your holiday with your requests.
5 Thank nicola w
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We had been to this resort in September and the moment we checked in the smell from the restaurant was so bad that my wife didn't want to eat anything.
The place is far away from the town. The restaurants are terrible and food half cooked. You do get 3 al a carte meals but all the time you are rushed into leaving the restaurant. The first choice reps were very rash and not polite at all. We booked the resort till thusday late evening on the first choice website but we were told that we had to leave the room at 12.00.
The room was not cleaned regularly. Location to NRA his good but other than that it's just 2 star and first choice are making money by selling it as a 4 star.
Better hotel is the lanzarote princess nearby. Full of chavs and not people who want to just ge drunk on an all inclusive deal with watered down drinks.

• Stayed September 2011
4 Thank Chugh97
AngelRivero, General Manager at TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Good afternoon,
I have written to the Trip advisor about some suspicious reviews damaging the name of Flamingo Beach Resort on purpose. Your review does not stick to the truth I am afraid. By the way, the hotel Lanzarote Princess is not nearby. It is 3 kilometres away.
Best regards
Hotel Hesperia Lanzarote Playa Dorada
Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote
Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote
#6 of 37 in Playa Blanca

Been to TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!