“To put it bluntly...”

Cuisines: Spanish, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This place is run by morons! ‘Can we order 1 coffee and 2 diet cokes please’. Out comes a coffee and 4 full fat cokes. ‘Sorry, we wanted 2 diet cokes’, they take away full fat cokes, 5 minutes pass while waiters stand around talking. Finally come the drinks... 4 diet cokes. ‘We ordered 2’... they say yes ‘diet cokes’. I feel easier to just drink it. Ask for the bill, 10 mins pass and no bill, ask another waiter, another 10 mins pass and no bill, ask a third time and bill is bought. Pay bill 12.51 total bill pay with a 20. 10 mins pass no change, ask the waiter who took the bill if we can have our change. He says ‘ok you want change’. Another 10 mins pass and still no change (all the while waiters running round looking busy but doing nothing) the waiter walk by again and we ask for our change, again he says ok change. Another waiter then brings our bill and tries to charge us again. I said no we have just paid just bring us our change!!!! They finally bring it laughing so I tell them their service is so bad. They just say sorry... trust me this place is infuriating and the waiters insufferable.

1  Thank Steveread21
Write a reviewReviews (2,371)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The waiters here are rude and arrogant...... on arrival, we hadnt even taken our seats and he was asking us what drinks we wanted. Hastily, we gave our order....... then he said "only drinks?" I said "no, drinks and lunch" in Spanish. He asked me to repeat which I did. He then looked at me blankly. I said it again in English and he replied, "oh, now i understand" - we should have walked away but to our detriment, we stayed. There is absolutely no way that he could misunderstand what I said.

We ordered very simple omelettes which according to the menu come with chips. There were no chips and we had to ask. Our omelettes were cold before the chips came. We had asked what was in the omelettes and the waiter said "nothing, if you want a better omelette, use the other menu". We had to ask for the bill three times. They just ignored us. We all stood up as if to leave and that got their attention. The bill for one beer, three cokes and four cold, plain omelettes with chips was over 50 euros! Needless to say we didn't leave a tip.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

For one they don’t know what drinks they sell, as they stated they don’t serve cider to which we were told abruptly “JUST LISTEN”.
Absolutely awful staff and the attitude is appalling.
However i throughly enjoyed the cider I had which I was told that they definitely didn’t have!

1  Thank 570leeannar
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I looked at other reviews after our visit. TOO LATE!! We arrived when there were maybe 6-8 tables occupied and ordered wine and mixed paella. Not being inclined to rush we settled in, knowing good paella takes time to make. After an hour (!) I questioned where the paella was and was told it takes circa 30 minutes to make. Bear in mind numerous other unfortunates had taken their seats by now and the place was quite full. Suddenly our paella appeared. At least it might have once been paella,but this was a sad, Ghobi Desert, dehydrated version. It may have been persecuted by The Spanish Inquisition.... left to slowly wither away under hot lights, or maybe it had been sunning itself on a hidden sun terrace. Either way, it had either forgotten to slap on the Factor 50, or someone in the kitchen or front of house wasn’t doing their job. We complained when it arrived. We complained when we had tried it. (Yes, we should have rejected it out of hand). We complained when we couldn’t eat more than a few mouthfuls of rice. Langoustine burnt, Mussels burnt, rice burnt. We walked away paying for the wine, sparkling water and bread. They wanted us to pay for a single portion because we had eaten (somehow) some of the rice. Pay your price? No way Jose.
AVOID, AVOID, AVOID

1  Thank NeilS677
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Not a great evening sadly. The food was ok - although pizza of two halves; one side overcooked and the other not enough! However, if you want good service, you'll not find it here! When ordering our food, we started to order starter and main but my son-in-law was told to wait and then the waiter pointed at my daughter for her starter - no acknowledgement or polite way of explaining. The young waiter who came to lay the cutlery was very professional and tried very hard to do a great job, not crossing over people and walking behind chairs etc to lay the table for us. But that's as good as the service got. Mains arrived after quite some time and we waited and waited for additional service for drinks during the meal. A waiter did ask if we wanted dessert menus but we declined - that being said, the (we assume) senior waiter just dumped 3 menus on the table in front of us although there were 5 of us, didn't speak to us as he was too busy in conversation with another table beyond us and when we spoke to him, he ignored us and didn't even acknowledge we were at our table. We gain declined the desserts and asked for the bill - the same waiter brought it over, put it in front of my husband on the table and tapped it three times, looked at him and then walked away. We had to chase up another waiter to give them the payment! Really, really rude and poor service - we definitely will not eat here again and would suggest you look at other good alternatives close by - we will!!