Considering the 3 Star rating this hotel has, I am genuinely surprised at some of the negative reviews that have been left. The lack of air con could prove problematic in the hottest months, but for winter sun you really don't need it!
We travelled as a party of 7 on 6.03.14 to 15.03.2014.
The staff were tremendous, with everyone from the bar staff to the maids always offering a friendly 'hola.'
On arrival we were greeted with a glass of orange juice at reception by the same gentleman who then kindly escorted our suitcases to our rooms. Check in was done within mere minutes.
The hotel itself could potentially benefit from some minor renovation work, as some of the carpets and paint looks slightly aging. However, all of the grounds were spotlessly clean and we never saw a cockroach.
The rooms (we stayed on the ground floor) were surprisingly spacious, including a bedroom and lounge area as well as a sizable bathroom. Our room was in the very middle of the crescent block, meaning we got sunshine almost all day except for the last hour or so of sunlight. The rooms were spotlessly clean, and attended to by a maid 6 days out of 7. The beds were firm but not uncomfortable - in fact I would say that they actually helped my back (which has been injured in the past).
The food was probably the best I have encountered at any all inclusive resort - including other Iberostar hotels with a higher Star rating. The variety was exceptional. I would highly recommend the all inclusive option here.
Location wise you would be hard pushed to find anywhere better in Playa Blanca. Playa Flamingo beach is approximately 2 minutes walk along the front, and the town centre 10 minutes in the opposite direction.
Of the several pools the only minor gripe is that all of the bigger pools are quite chilly, with the slightly smaller one next to the poolside bar being marginally warmer. Although in the summer months I doubt this would be seen as a problem for most.
For me the key thing to remember here is that this hotel is 3 Star, not 4. For a 3 Star this is an exceptional hotel. If they were to add air conditioning, heated pools and the other improvements then it would be 4 Star and I would expect the price would adjust accordingly! The attention to detail at this hotel is second to none and the little touches like orange juice on arrival, champagne and strawberries with breakfast, baileys and chocolates around the pool amongst other treats all go a long way in my opinion, and they are what sets this hotel apart from 99% of other 3 Star accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Lanzarote Park hotel is perfect for couples and families with children looking for relaxation and to enjoy an ideal holiday in Lanzarote. It features 388 rooms, including double rooms, family rooms, and suites; many of them have fantastic sea views and all accommodation types are available. Located just 50 metres from Playa Flamingo, the Lanzarote Park hotel offer a comprehensive range of services and facilities. Adults have the Star Prestige option, which has a chill out zone with a Jacuzzi, sun loungers and Balinese beds located in a private pool. For the kids there’s a children’s park, Miniclub, Minidisco, an activities programme for children 0 to 17, a games room, seven pools, and even a fun pool with eight slides...everything they need for endless fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your IBEROSTAR Lanzarote Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Lanzarote Park Hotel Playa Blanca
- Iberostar Playa Blanca
- Iberostar Hotel Lanzarote Park
- IBEROSTAR Lanzarote Park Playa Blanca