Our party of four stayed for 3 weeks over Christmas and the New Year, returning on 2nd Jan. This was our first time in Lanzarote and our first visit to an Iberostar hotel. As two couples in our mid to late sixties we have been going away over Christmas and the New Year for 20 years. The hotel has a great location and all rooms in the main three circles have a sea view. The hotel is right on the promenade with approx 3 miles of promenade walks to the left and right,while its about a 10/15 minute walk into Playa Blanca and Playa Flamingo, a nice white sand beach, is only 150m away in the opposite direction.
Each of the 3 ring blocks has 4 floors, 0,1,2,3, and our rooms were on the top floor of Circle B. In general it looked like the lower the floor the larger the room, lower rooms having a separate lounge and and bedroom. For us as a couple our room was perfectly adequate. The bathroom was fine with a shower over the bath. The room had a fridge, table and chairs, settee, a reasonably large balcony and twin beds put together as a double. The room was cleaned each day except Wednesdays, sheets frequently changed and towels changed whenever you left them in the bath. Hair dryers are available from reception for a deposit and there is a washing machine available if you are long stay. In terms of the accommodation I would say it deserves a a 3 star/3 star plus rating. Some areas are a little tired and need a bit of a face lift but not enough to detract from our holiday.
All the staff were polite friendly and helpful, nothing seemed too much trouble.
We found the food excellent, and better than some 4 star hotels we have stayed in. There was a large breakfast selection and equally large dinner selection with fresh cooked fish and two fresh cooked meats each night. Drinks in the restaurant are more expensive than mainland Spain or Tenerife. The Christmas Dinner was good but the New Years Eve Dinner was excellent, fresh cooked Lobster, Hot and Cold crab in the shell, huge prawns, mussels, smoked salmon, fillet steak, roast suckling pig, my only disappointment is that I didn't have room to try everything. We believed the restaurant deserved a 4 star rating.
The entertainment team were all wonderful and worked really hard. They provided Petanque, shooting, archery, volleyball,darts, pool, etc during the day and a show in the evening on several nights. In staying for 3 weeks we have, at other hotels, been used to the evening entertainment repeating after the first week so have had to venture out of the hotel to find something new. This time there were only 2 shows repeated in the whole 21 days, 19 different shows. About 10 of them were put on by the entertainment team. Now over 20 years our normal experience of entertainment team shows is a big yawn, "time to go out to the town and find a bar", but these were really good, from miming to a Moma Mia show, to live singing with Zac and Jorge having surprisingly good voices, to a magic show with Ducky walking on broken glass, to Irish dancing, to a comedy show in which the Titanic sketch was worthy of Morecambe and Wise. Really well done to Bart (Ducky) Jorge, Joana, Ina, Paul, Kiki and Zac you really entertained us and did the hotel proud. In our 20 years experience you are the best team we have seen.
We booked trips to Fuetureventura and a grand tour of Lanzarote with Travel Customer opposite Playa Flamingo. We had a great time and thought them good value for money.
There is only one English TV station in the rooms and that's Sky News while I dont go on holiday to watch tv I would recommend that this is changed to BBC there is less repetition. (most UK football premier league games are on in the bar)
Overall we had a marvelous holiday and would like to thank the staff and management of the hotel for making it so good. I believe we will be back as we really liked the relaxed atmosphere of Playa Blanca and the warm welcome and service from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everybody is different, and everybody can enjoy the IBEROSTAR Lanzarote Park hotel with spa, in the south of one of the most beautiful islands in the Canaries. The three rings that make up the hotel are designed to exceed all your expectations: experience an incredible holiday as a family, access all kinds of luxury for adults, or enjoy a few days of relaxation. A place that fully adapts to your personality. Power to the family. Enjoy Lanzarote with the children in a modern, spacious family room and give free reign to their imagination in the spaces designed especially for kids, such as the Babystarclub or the Teenclub. As well as this, the calm waters of the nearby Playa Flamingo with its gentle surf are just waiting for them to jump in. Exclusivity for those over 18. Have one of the most luxurious experiences of your life in the Star Prestige building. Aside from the preferential treatment, you can also access exclusive adults only areas, like the chill out zone with hammocks and Balinese beds by the pool, a private restaurant, or the special area with a pool and whirlpool bath. Stress mode off. Allow all your worries to drift away in the SPA Sensations, a place where the relaxation of mind and body is the only thing that matters. Your experience at this hotel in Lanzarote also includes hearing the relaxing sound of the waves crashing against the rocks from your bedroom. Swimming for all tastes. As well as being right on the shore, you can also choose to bathe in one of the seven swimming pools in the complex. There’s a pool for every type of guests: pools for children and pools for adults only. And there’s even a water park with eight slides! Eat wherever you want. Think of all the things a buffet can offer, like delicious roast beef or sauteed vegetables, and add to that the chance to enjoy a drink or a cold snack while lying on a Balinese bed or reclining in a seat right next to the seafront. Entertainment tailored to you. Work up a sweat playing sport in the sea or in this sea front hotel’s facilities, strut your stuff in the club and dance along to the live performances, or sample the almost infinite number of dishes… You choose your level of activity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HRS, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your IBEROSTAR Lanzarote Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Lanzarote Park Hotel Playa Blanca
- Iberostar Playa Blanca
- Iberostar Hotel Lanzarote Park
- IBEROSTAR Lanzarote Park Playa Blanca