“Friendly staff and great facilities”

IBEROSTAR Lanzarote Park
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Have just returned from 10 days at this hotel and the staff in reception and in the dining area were so friendly and helpful. We went bed and breakfast and the food was fantastic with so much choice. The staff worked so hard to make sure everything was perfect. The animation team at the hotel arranged great stuff for the kids and adults during the day but felt the evening entertainment was based on them doing a different dance routine and not really for the adults. Too much of the same and quite boring. The pool area was spotless. The cleaning staff were also very friendly and helpful.
The only downside for me was there was a kitchen area in the apartment which was locked. When I asked why, I was told there was nothing in there. This meant although you had a kettle for a gas hob in the apartment you could not use it. We were told you had to hire an electric kettle. So if you want tea or coffee in your apartment take a travel kettle with you. Just a short walk away from the hotel there is a small beach and many restaurants. We did not have a bad meal whilst there. All the restaurants offer so much choice. On check out we used the complimentary room. There are 2 showers and toilets. I would not leave valuables in there as not totally secure but in line with what I have been offered at previous hotels. Someone commented previously about towels not being changed. There is a leaflet in your room stating if you want clean towels put the dirty ones in the bath. We were always replenished with clean ones. This is the second time I have stayed in an Iberostar and would certainly recommend it.

4  Thank Anitamay5
There are newer reviews for IBEROSTAR Lanzarote Park

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We booked two weeks all inclusive.

It was fun, relxing and everything we needed was there.

Arrving at the hotel we were greeted with fresh orange juices, friendly helpful staff, and great first impressions.

The location was perfect, quiet, see view and near all the essential shops (pharmacy, bars, car rental, bus stop etc)

The food was very nice and there was a massive selection weather your a meat eater, vegetarian, or vegan.

The only problems I had that stopped this being more than a 3 star holiday were the beds are rock hard, but still okay to get a good sleep, no air conditioning can be unbearable if the natural breeze stops or dies down, and the hotel its self in the corridors and rooms need a lick of paint and a rig doctor.

The pool area is brilliant, the main pool at the centre is busier, the side pools are lot quieter, all the ground floor rooms have sun beds on there porch and unfortunately they don't take them to the pool, so you need to be out by about 9 to guarantee a bed as the towel brigade are out early. Saying this I didn't have a problem any day getting a sun bed. (I did go 8/08/13 - 22/08/13 peak time)

Overall I would give the hotel 3/5, purely only a 3 due to the beds, and decor.

Service is brilliant, pool is great, and atmosphere is chilled!

Room Tip: The higher you are, the breeze is stronger, if you open your door it can be like a wind tunnel that...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank PeterRD89
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Lanzarote Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Guest,
First of all we would like to express our gratitude for selecting our IBEROSTAR Lanzarote Park hotel for your summer holidays and for the time you spent sharing your impressions on your stay as this helps us know where we can still improve in our daily services to enhance our guests’ holiday experience in our hotel.

We deeply regret you didn´t find your bed comfortable and we lament not to be informed about this during your visit, as we would have looked for a solution. We wish to offer a satisfactory night rest and therefore we have softer over mattresses to put on the main one for those guests who prefer sleeping on a softer bed.

Further we would like to point out that despite the fact that our hotel was built a few years ago, we do our utmost to take good care of it, maintaining all of the installations the best we can. Even though, we took good note of your comment and commit to revise if we can renovate some of the areas.

On the other hand, we feel proud and glad that you have enjoyed all of our prime pillars to offer splendid holidays to our guests. In IBEROSTAR it is of prime importance that our guests can delight their palates with local and international culinary highlights, that they feel comfortable in their room, that the surrounding areas are attractive and over all that they feel well cared after by our staff; client orientation and satisfaction through a personalized and individual service is for us the key to surpass guest expectation and it is wonderful to read how much this contributed to your wellbeing whilst staying among us, we will definitely congratulate our staff on your behalf.

Once again thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate all of your comments as they can help us to improve. We hope to see you again in the near future and to have the opportunity of offering you a very enjoyable experience with IBEROSTAR.

Friendly Regards,

Online Reputation Manager
IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Just returned from 2 weeks at this great hotel, our second visit and we've already decided to go again next year.

Hotel is in a perfect position, the rooms are spotlessly clean and despite no air con and 40+c temps outside, surprisingly cool. There's a fantastic variety of food and drink- make sure you go all inclusive, it's fantastic value for money.

Can't rate this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: August 2013
7  Thank Rob S
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a lovely hotel with friendly, helpful staff and the most wonderful food. The rooms are clean but basic but having a fridge was a bonus, air con is a must for the future thou - 41degrees and no air con does not make for a good nights sleep. Beds a little hard and would have benefited from an extra pillow. For peak session the hotel was not overly busy there were ample sun beds to go round although you had to be up early to get a good spot.
Can not fault the food it was excellent, all inclusive is a must. The menu was varied and multiple choices available every night. Chocolate fountain was fantastic as was the lemon torte. Well done Iberostar will definitely book again.

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
5  Thank Jeanette D
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We have just returned from our third visit to the Lanzarote Park. Overall, we had a good holiday, but there are one or two things that really need to be sorted at this hotel.
However, good points first.
The hotel is clean and tidy.
The location is fabulous, great views, and a mostly level walk into Play Blanca. Good for people like me who need to use a stick sometimes.
Staff in general are excellent.
All inclusive deal is good, Food is good, some of it cooked off in full view at mealtimes.... prepare to gain weight!
The entertainment team really are multi-talented, multi-lingual and very good, although some guests seem to think that they can perform their shows in multiple languages. If you choose to visit here, be aware that the guests are from lots of different countries, and, the entertainment might be in Spanish, German or English ( or something else). I cannot fault the kids activities - they love it. Our 16 year old is insisting that we return so he can meet his friends ( again - that's why we went back this year too!))
One final good point... there are three pool areas, each with at least two pools, the main one has three... each area has a lifeguard, and first aid is always available, for any minor injury.
Bad points -
As I have said, the entertainment team are good, and they also bring in artistes from outside ... and the youngsters have their own early evening entertainment, until about 9 -9.30. but I do feel that young children shouldn't be in the lounge bar late into the evening, or at very least, not running around unchecked, or taking over the dance floor.... it's like being at a wedding. This is not an adults only Hotel, but neither is it totally a kids focussed hotel, although there are three kids clubs so they are entertained most of the day...... there are plenty of guests without children in their party, and I suspect many of them won't return... there needs to be a happy medium.
During our first week, a number of people cut their feet on the pool tiles, which are coming loose in the main central pool. The second week, the hotel started to put down a rubberised covering over the tiles. clearly, the whole lot needs to be re-tiled, but as this is high season, they are unlikely to close the pool to do the job. Hopefully, they will do so during the low season, but I have to say, the tiles had started to loosen last year, so why wait until people are getting cut feet to take action.
We are not overly fussy about bathroom towel changes, as most hotels ask you not to leave towels over the bath to indicate you want them to be changed unless you really want them to, to save environmental impact etc., and I'm happy to comply with that. However, no matter if the towels really really did need to be changed, fresh ones were not always provided.. we didn't have this problem last year. Other than that the rooms are cleaned almost daily and thoroughly.
Finally,... and this meant that I left on a low note....... and should serve as a warning... pay the extra and book to keep your room if you are leaving late in the day.... this was my experience.... and I'm still angry about it............ we could not keep our room on our last day ( not permitted on Fridays), so had to use the absolutely awful luggage store and bathroom facilities. These should be separated. Apparently, if you need to use the shower, you must drag your luggage into the bathroom so that other people can access their luggage. Obvious, yes, but... there are two showers two sinks, etc, all in one bathroom. ... which means that if a shower is empty, someone from another party - either sex... just barges in. That's probably why the lady with her three children who was using the facilities before us, had locked the luggage store door. At the point when only one girl was left in the bathroom, I went in for my shower, as the other two members of our party are male. They stayed in the luggage store sorting out luggage and their change of clothes etc, in the one square foot of space available. I assume they dropped the catch on the door, or perhaps the other lady did when she left with her children. If the bathroom had been clear, we could all have gone into the bathroom together, and left the luggage store open for other guests. After no more than 5 minutes, ( yes, really ) both Males had just started to go into the bathroom, I was just about to dry off, and I was then subjected to a good old fashioned, embarrassing, and very loud 'telling off' from one objectionable receptionist, at the doorway onto the corridor, in front of a couple of dozen other guests, whilst I was still dripping wet, with a towel round me. I wouldn't have minded so much if I had been the person to hold things up, but the culprit was one ( very junior ) member of the previous party, who simply didn't feel ready to leave the mirror to deal with the final touches to her hair. As the hoard then invaded the room, I almost had my towel dragged off me, ( not a pretty sight )as I struggled to move myself and my case out of the way of the people who almost knocked me over and stood on my clothes.
Oh yes, the beds are a bit on the hard side.
We will return to the Lanzarote park, as our 16 year old wants to return.... also, I simply love the location, the food is good, most of the staff are lovely, and at least we know what we are getting, but I doubt we will go back after that, at least, not in high season.

Room Tip: Almost all rooms have at least a side sea view.
4  Thank Francamandgaz
Reviewed August 19, 2013

As stated above great location, staff were very helpful, the food was great, could eat all day if you wanted!
Only downside no air conditioning in rooms, but fan hire helped a great deal. Sea views were great.
A lift from reception to dinning/pool area would be helpful for the less ambient, like me, but I managed!

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
Reviewed August 18, 2013

A long while since we stayed in a hotel but would definitely come here again.For a 3* hotel we were totally impressed with this hotel from the moment we walked into reception with the great veiw.We were dealt with smoothly and quickly on check-in the staff were very friendly and helpful, very impressed with the multi-language ability of the reception staff. the rooms were very adequate with a fridge and free bottles of water.The animaition team were fantastic how they remember all the different dance steps i dont know they work very very hard those guys . The range and quality of the food was fantastic, it would be possible to stay for a fortnight and not eat the same meal twice. I suppose with most hotels the sunbed saga but i hate it when people get a bed at 7am but are not seen on it until 3pm

Room Tip: C block it was peaceful and quiet
Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca
H10 Lanzarote Princess
H10 Lanzarote Princess
#14 of 37 in Playa Blanca

Been to IBEROSTAR Lanzarote Park? Share your experiences!