“Big Thanks To All Hardworking Staff At Lanzarote Park”

IBEROSTAR Lanzarote Park
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 7, 2013

FOOD AND DRINK

Outstanding food always piping hot, varied, cooked fresh in front of you.
Reviewers have mentioned the food being great but believe me it is the best ever!
There is a microwave if you wanted to reheat your food but I found it always hot and tasty.

I am Coeliac so the chefs made me gluten free pasta with spinach - massive portion on the plate - and tasted delicious! They also made me meringues and hot apple slices.

I couldn't decide on half board or all inclusive as I am not a big drinker but opted for all inclusive. Next time would go half board as the food is really filling and often in the afternoon I was out enjoying myself cycling and had to remember to come back for lunch.

I always had water with meals but all incl there is wine and draft beer.
At the bar there is also San Miguel bottled beer but this is not advertised on their menus.

ACCOMMODATION

Hotel room - lovely surprise - massive - being on my own - 2 beds - 29 and a half tiles door to balcony and 9 and a half tiles door to end of balcony!! New pine table and 2 chairs - huge mirror inside wardrobe door - very clean and loved the fresh decor - no idea what reviewers mean when they say hotel needs refurb - was expecting all old fashioned but this is not the case.
I have insomnia and asked reception if I could change the room as found it noisy all night. Spoke to another lady who also noticed the loud buzzing noise- the ferry!! Swithered whether to go on the ferry trip to Fuerteventura but no way after I found out the ferries (2 of them) finish at 9pm and leave their engines running all night! I am a light sleeper and some nights on the balcony reading until 4am then up at 7! Don't let this put you off the hotel - try and get some sleep in the afternoon or get ear plugs or you can always catch up on sleep when you get home.No complaints about the bed (for all that I slept in it) didn't find it to be too hard. I was at the third block nearest the ferries and the lady I spoke to was at the first block so doesn't matter where you are!

Many staff at the hotel did not have any English so it is good if you can learn some basic Spanish - I learned sin gluten - no gluten!

ENTERTAINMENT

I escaped a few times at night as the entertainment is dire - I had to put my hand over my eyes -Animation team trying to do Celtic dancing - trying to kidnap each other, no rhythm at all for dancing and so embarrasing at the end wearing tartan hats and men silly tartan skirts - so awful - being Scottish wanted to get up there and show them how its done.

The stage needs to get used - as many have mentioned too early to finish entertainment -surely one member of Animation Team could stay on and play tracks while people dance.

Dido and his Animation Team at Louis Phaethon Beach in Paphos - I really missed all you guys as you are so professional and know how to put on great entertainment.

I went to Mollies Irish bar on Saturday night - NO ENTERTAINMENT at hotel as ANIMATION TEAM NIGHT OFF - hey we are on holiday and want to be entertained no matter what night it is! Instead it was cup final football!.

Guitarist Andy at Mollies saved my night with his jokes and great music on guitar and fiddle wandering amongst the crowd and they gave out sparklers for Something Inside So Strong tune. Then I went dancing at Jungle - I asked the hotel during the day where to go - I stayed until 3am - no charge for Jungle - drink 5euros - taxi 4euros.

Mollies is upstairs at Papapgo Shopping Centre (Jungle downstairs) only 10 min walk from hotel - come out and turn left.

OUT AND ABOUT

Hired a bike for 3 days - 25euros - would highly recommend - bike shop round corner from Santander - to the right of the hotel.

Lanzarote is fantastic for cyclists - great on the promenades to the left and right - but on the right towards Playa Dorada a lot of the prom is not allowed for cyclists. There are loads of cycle lanes and the views at Papapgo area are breathtaking.

I wouldn't recommend going right up to the lighthouse - lots of vandalism around the building and nothing exciting to look at - you can take a photo and admire the lighthouse from the end of the paved promenade - same goes for the castle - not worth trekking up to it! .

Puerto Calero - bus 2euros 65 each way and bus only comes every hour - spent an hour there walking around the harbour - lots of designer shops there - I was more interested in the mosiacs on the wall. Bus going back was confusing as no bus shelter and helpful English couple who have a timeshare told me where to wait for the bus on the corner of a strip of gravel - glad they were there or I would have been going in the wrong direction to the airport. Having been to the Marina Rubicon - there are lots of yachts to see and I preferred it to Puerto Calero.

TOP TIPS

Highly recommend this hotel and it gets 5 stars for the food and helpful attentive staff despite the dismal entertainment! I would advise escaping at night - shops stay open late - one night I saw fireworks - good time for dinner at night is at the start - 6:30 first dibs then time to go out for walk, wander the shops, try a bungee jump, listen to buskers on benches, get an ice cream, go dancing....

I took one bag on plane(no case) was bliss not having to wait for luggage. It can be done! Ladies one pair of Clarks sandals does all. Too hot for swollen ankles squeezing into high heels.
Take mozzie stuff - I got bitten every night and remember suncream even when no sun - loads of people with purple windburn.

Thanks to all helpful Trip Advisor reviewers who replied to me. Much appreciated.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Murdina
There are newer reviews for IBEROSTAR Lanzarote Park

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We arrived home yesterday from a fabulous week at Iberostar Lanzarote Park. Our party included myself, husband, 5yr old son & mother & father in law. From the moment we arrived the staff were friendly & helpful & the hotel looked clean and looked after considering its age.
Rooms: quite large with separate bedroom & twin sofa beds in lounge. Large bathroom and balcony with sea view. Due to the arrangement of the hotel I think the majority of rooms have a sea view. There isn't any Air Conditioning tho which was fine whilst we were there but could be a problem in the summer.

Food: honestly was brilliant. Better than most 4* hotels we've stayed in. There was always plenty of choice including show cooking and freshly cooked meats/fish throughout each meal time. There was also a snack bar doing a late continental breakfast, lunch and afternoon sandwiches/cakes so there really is no need to go hungry. My only gripe is there was no ice cream for the children apart from in the main restaurant at mealtimes.

Animation Team - worked incredibly hard and kept everyone entertained both in the day & in the evening

Entertainment: there was a show every night that were all good. The professional shows were some of the best I've seen.

Kids: there was a kids club run twice a day by Jessica who was brilliant and also a mini disco in the evening.

Pool area: as the rooms were arranged in 3 blocks, each block had its own pool & kids pool. This area was kept very clean and was well maintained. The main problem is that none of the pools are heated so they are like ice! I asked at reception about them being heated & was told this was only the case in the winter. I feel keeping one heated would be a good idea as all week I only saw half a dozen People in the pool because of its temperature. There are also no pool towels unlike other Iberostar hotels we've stayed in.

Staff: all very friendly & helpful

Location: excellent! Right on the seafront & 5 mins walk from harbour & shops/restaurants

Overall: a fab hotel just a few little issues that could make it even better and move it up to a 4*+ hotel.
We will definitely be back

• Stayed: June 2013
6  Thank KimA1979
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We went with the children for relaxing half term break. Yes the hotel is dated and needs some attention, yes the hotel didnt have air con ( we didnt need it in late May). We booked the holiday expecting a 3 star hotel and this is what we got.
The kids had a fantastic time- which in turn made our holiday great. For the first time ever they wanted to go to the mini club and thoroughly enjoyed it. The entertainment team work very hard and the team are an asset to the hotel. The restaurant did feel a little crowded at times but we always managed to get a table and the food was great & catered for all tastes. Pool bar was just OK for food- basic lunch time snacks but adequate
Hotel is very close to a lovely beach and a short stroll to the resort centre

1  Thank emmadoodaa
Reviewed June 3, 2013

It has been a while that I've been in a 3-star hotel. but this hotel deserves 4-stars.
The only thing I've missed was a towelstation (so you had to bring your own towel).
The kitchen (very important on a holliday) is very good, there is also some showcooking and more than enough choice. The all inclusive concept and choices are from good quality.
The rooms are basic but spacious enough.
Another big plus is the staff; they are all very friendly.

Room Tip: All rooms are good almost all off them have seaview. Maybe you can choose for the central building...
3  Thank TA-Werner
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We've stay at lots of Iberostar hotels in Majorca and Canaries but this is a very poor standard. No towels, no air conditioning, poor quality food. The place is tatty and run down. We heard that its well overdue a refurb, but as they continue to receive bookings they just have not bothered? Yes the staff are pleasant, but perhaps we have been spoilt by other hotels in the chain. We were extreamly disappointed with everything about this place.

Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank 348dankaz
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Lanzarote Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Although we feel very sad to read that your recent stay at our IBEROSTAR Lanzarote Park hotel was not as enjoyable as it could have been, we would like to thank you for sharing your observations with us because this gives us the opportunity to make improvements and thus offer all our guests a better service, which ultimately is the goal of IBEROSTAR.

Firstly it saddens us not to have been informed about the temperature in your room as we could have solved the problem in no time and strongly suggest for any future holidays among us to contact our reception for any need. We are pleased to inform you that in all IBEROSTAR hotels without air conditioning, you have the possibility to ask for a pedestal fan at the reception where our staff can immediately contact a cooperating company that has portable units available.

Moreover, as our hotel has no onsite laundry but is supported by an external company, we only provide room towels, but here again we are glad to inform you, that facing next season and due to a few comments like yours related to the beach towels, a project is set up to build an internal hotel laundry to be able to ensure this service to our guests as we strive to offer as much comfort as possible and thanks to the fact that our guests are sharing the experience of their stay with us, we do our best to adapt our services to their needs.
Further we would like to point out that despite the fact that our hotel was built a few years ago, we do our utmost to take good care of it, maintaining all of the installations the best we can. Even so we took good note of your comments and we commit to revise if we can renovate some of the areas.

On the other hand we would like to thank you for your kind words towards our staff, as all of them work very hard, striving to surpass guest expectations, we will definitely pass on your satisfaction with their services. They will surely celebrate that you mentioned them positively on your review. The helpfulness and kindness of our employees is one of our main strengths and we are very grateful that you value it so highly.

We are really sorry if this time we could not make our goal by offering you a perfect getaway and we would be delighted to may serve you again to demonstrate that to us the most important is to offer the ideal circumstances to create a splendid holiday.

Best Regards,

Online Reputation Manager
IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Just returned last night from an absolutely fantastic time at Iberostar Lanzarote Park.

We had booked our holiday just before Christmas so we had a long time to read up on various reviews and be prepared for any surprises!

From the second we stepped into the reception area we knew we'd made the right choice. A warm welcome, a clean, spotless room, and a delicious dinner awaiting for us.

The room we had was a famlily one with a twin bedded room, that can fit a cot, and a lounge area with 2 sofa beds. We hired a safe, which is big enough for a tablet, plus small camcorder, camera, passports etc. We didn't need a remote control for the TV as there was only one English speaking channel, and that's Sky News. No fans needed either for the time of year as it was still fairly cool and fresh, especially in the evenings when you really needed a cardigan! We were in block C which is nearest to the beach, about a 5 minute walk. To be honest, even if you are in the furthest away block, its only an extra 5 minutes walking distance to the beach, so there's not much difference. You're also free to walk from block to block if you want a change of scenery, and fancy a different pool to sit by.

The main pool area is the busiest throughout the day where there's a daily animation team that work really hard to keep everyone entertained. Saying that, they weren't 'in your face' and you could quite easily be in a quiet spot away from the activities. Our kids loved the team and joined in with their mini-club activites in the mornings. The team also had an afternoon session, and also a mini-disco at most evenings with the Hotel's mascot Smiley the Dog. After mini-disco, there was usually other evening entertainment put on by either the team, or by special guests. Ones we enjoyed watching were 'The Beatles' tribute band and 'Flamenco' dancing.

Now onto the food. Wow! There was so much to choose from, and for someone to say it was 'samey' is not true. There was always at least a couple of different dishes every day/night. Of course, there were regular dishes, like the salads/pizzas/chips etc. but they did vary the meats. I found it fascinating to see all the different types of meat on offer, like Rabbit and Goat, but I guess our European neighbours tend to eat these more than us Brits! Desserts? Oh, don't even go there! My wardrobe is suffering now from all the delicious puddings/pastries/ice creams! Just remember to lose a stone before you go out there!

This hotel has certainly the potential to gain a 4 or even 5 star rating. I don't think it needs to do too much. I didn't find the decor that bad, and having a few chandeliers in reception, is that really going to improve someone's holiday? For me, good service with a smile, clean rooms, good food and lots of sun is the best recipe for a perfect holiday - and Iberostar Lanzarote Park ticks all those boxes. I think I'll be back someday...X

Room Tip: Ring C is probably the quietest block and closest to the beach. Middle block is where there's mo...
4  Thank Bubbles227
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've titled this review as "Some clearly love it" because many of the Brits we spoke to really did, and have been back to this same hotel year after year and will continue to do so until they're too old to travel. I'm not one of them. I didn't hate it, but we won't be going back.
Quite simply, it wasn't our thing and we've had much better value elsewhere, e.g. 5* all-inclusive in Cos last year for 30% less and that included flights and transfers, which this didn't.
The hotel is some 30 odd years old and quite dated, but kept very clean - the pool area is spotless plus there was never a shortage of sun loungers which incidently were comfortable ones. We were told that usually Brits make up around 40% of the guests and Germans another 40% approx with a mixture of other nationalities making up the remainder. Many of the guests are in their 60's upwards from the North of England, and these seem to be the ones who are returning guests. We did wonder if that was a mixture of wanting to be in 'familiar, friendly company' or just that having found somewhere they liked, they just kept returning, without realising what else was out there. Either way, the hotel appears to be well booked up and there's no incentive for the management to change/improve things since they're probably turning in a good profit for Iberostar at the moment. On one review, someone was critical of the animation team, and we thought that very unfair, as they're clearly hard working and the content matter of their shows seemed to be well tailored to their audience. Considering the large proportion of Brits there, only one English TV channel (Sky News) which is really poor and it's not that you can't get English channels via satellite in Lanzarote - we spent the following week in Puerto del Carmen and got all the main UK channels. The room we were first given when we arrived was dingy and tatty with peeling paint and a sea view obstructed by trees. We complained and were moved to a similar type of room but in better condition and with a lovely view. There's no air conditioning but in May, we didn't really need it. One problem was that there was not only any drink making facilities in the room but that the information book stated that food and drinks weren't allowed in the room and if found would be charged for separately. That eliminated the pleasure of a morning tea or coffee on the balcony. If you're thinking of hiring a car by the way, don't do it through the reception desk. I asked what the cost would be to hire a small car for the day and after a phone call was told it would be 68 Euros. We then went out the front of the hotel and got an Opel Corsa from cabrera medina for 33 Euros including all insurance. The car had a few scrapes and minor dents which we pointed out and they said: "It happens. Unless it's a bad one we're not worried" which sums up the Spanish attitude to cars (almost every car you see has scrapes and dents - even the mercs)
In conclusion: a bit dated, only one bar in evenings, with limited visibility of shows due to the layout. Food is plentiful and while not being gourmet quality isn't bad and It's relatively quiet. Cheap, it's not. Chic, it's not, and there's better value to be had elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank steve c
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Lanzarote Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Guest,
First of all we would like to express our gratitude for your visit at our IBEROSTAR Lanzarote Park Hotel and for dedicating your time and effort to write this review. We are glad to may learn from your experience and take your vision into account to achieve maximum adaption to your needs.

Further we would like to point out that despite the fact that our hotel was built a few years ago, we do our utmost to take good care of it, maintaining all of the installations the best we can. Even though, we took good note of your comments and we commit to revise if we can renovate some of the areas.

Regarding the possibility to enjoy a morning tea on your balcony, it is a pity that we weren’t informed about this during your stay because we do provide, through an external company, kettles for our guests; we strongly suggest you for any upcoming holidays to contact our reception that will be more than pleased to provide you with anything you might need to make your holiday as pleasant as possible.
We are very proud to say that our hotel hosts many regular guests, as we do our best to pamper them and make them feel at home away from home, by providing a personalized service as our main goal in IBEROSTAR is that our guests feel welcome and enjoy our desire to serve them.
Regarding the buffet it is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the variety of our international and local dishes. The gastronomy is an important facet of our company and we do our utmost to please all palates.
We are also happy that you could enjoy the efforts of our housekeepers and find that everything was kept very clean at all times. We passed your compliments to the staff and they were all delighted to have contributed to your wellbeing at our hotel.

Last but not least we thank you for your cheering words toward our animation staff,
As they dedicate a lot of effort trying to reach each and every guest to participate in the carefully chosen leisure options. We will continue doing our best to bring performances which are of good taste and variety as also many amusing activities so that no wishes will be left open.

Once more we want to thank you for sharing your opinion, rest assured it will help us to improve. We hope to may welcome you again in our hotels in the near future.

Friendly Regards,

Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca
H10 Lanzarote Princess
H10 Lanzarote Princess
#14 of 37 in Playa Blanca

Been to IBEROSTAR Lanzarote Park? Share your experiences!