“Loverly bungalows , great stay !”
Review of Lanzasur Club

Lanzasur Club
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Loverly bungalows , great stay !”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

When arriving a lanzasur I guessed it would be the usual long check in process but to my surprise it took no longer than 5 minutes and before we knew it we were in our room. The rooms can be a bit hard to find at night but we did it without help. We had a later flight so we only just caught the 9pm buffet closing time and thought we wouldn't really get much. Again I was amazed we had such a variety that night and every other night and dinner time. Now breakfast was my favourite as I'm a English breakfast lover and they had bacon, fried egg, scrambled egg, baked beans , hash brown and my favourite hp brown sauce (AMAZING). Meal times were very organised and the food was to a pretty high standard however some food could have been a bit warmer. One night we even had lasagne with cheesy garlic bread. Mmmm : ). Our room was pretty much what we expected small , pretty clean and a handy kitchen area with a fridge. Two bad points about the room was we had two single beds pushed together and the my bed sheets were plastic ones as they must have presumed I would wet the bed. Only two English channels here and they were CNN&BBC news international. This place is so close to the beach , took us two minutes out the back gate . We also walked into playa blanca visiting all the Loverly little shops along the way. We decided to break off from the all inclusive menu one night as it was valentines . We went to a nice Chinese restaurant on playa blanca promenade called "jumbo". Very good food and It all only came to €30 with drinks. The whole complex was immaculate we even saw a man cleaning leaved and brushing the grass. Wifi was €8 for 150mb. Drinks were ok consisting of coke, fanta and some nasty beer "tropical" that didn't suite me at all. They do offer 6 cocktails on the all inclusive bar menu and they are very nice. There is also a coffee and tea machine in the dining area and lobby bar. Soft drinks and beer are all help yourself which I loved : ). All staff here are very friendly and helpful. Overall I loved it here and would return tomorrow if I could ...

I Would like to thank all the staff at lanzasur club for a perfect weeks stay in the sun. : )

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank digimidoo
Relaxia L, Director General at Lanzasur Club, responded to this review, August 4, 2015
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to say thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your experience with other travelers.
It´s a real pleasure to read your opinion, which is so important for us to improve our work day by day and to offer the best service for our guests.

Thank you for your nice words about our food, the accommodation, our staff and the lobby bar.

We would like to confirm to you that we analyze with detail your comments made about the beds and the quality of our bed sheets.
We are already working on it.

Once again thank you for your comments and best regards.
The Management team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
liverpool
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed at club playa blanca 29.12.13 to 5.1.14 travelled as a group of 23.Lovely complex plenty to do. Food was excellent especially the new years eve buffet . Lacked entertainment in evening and as for the bingo our Silvia was not a happy person 5 euro for tickets to win a redshirt or a bottle of cheap bubbly. Overall a brilliant holiday made our own entertainment. Director of hotel very friendly never any trouble to see how you are and helping in restaurant do need more staff on hand at busy times. Short walk to beach and seafront nice shops and eating places. Had a great time travelling back next year again . Weather in its 20s but still nice and warm .Would recommend a supermarket or shop on complex its big enough.

Room Tip: Email before if going in group they will put you all next to each other.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank jackielewin
Relaxia L, Director General at Lanzasur Club, responded to this review, October 1, 2015
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read your comments here on the Trip Advisor community.

Thank you for your fidelity and your trust in our Hotel and for your positive and nice opinion.

The satisfaction of our guests is our main objective and opinions like yours are our base tools in order to improve day by day the services we offer.

Please let us know about reservations in the future, it will be a pleasure to see you once again here with us.

The Management and all the Relaxia Lanzasur team wishes you all the best and some sunny regards!!!
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

We absolutely loved this resort. The staff were always happy to help. We enjoyed the food, and always had plenty to choose from. Pools were a little cooler than we expected but it didn't stop us from going in. Aqua lava water park was great fun too. Animation team were unbelievable entertained the kids through the day as well as the adults with games such as darts, water polo, beach volley ball, fitness etc... And evening entertainment was always highly enjoyed by all. Resort is always kept very clean and tidy. Bungalows were comfortable with plenty storage space and beautiful bathroom with large mirrors. We would highly recommend this resort and would definitely return.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
11 Thank phoenix31031984
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read your comments here on the Trip Advisor community.

Thank you for your fidelity and your trust in our Hotel and for your positive and nice opinion about our staff, especially the animation team, the food, the water park and our bungalows.

The Management and all the Relaxia Lanzasur team wishes you all the best and some sunny regards !!!
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Just back. I must say in all honesty the hotel and staff did everything they could to make our holiday great. As a rule we don't normally book with a holiday company. But I'm going to review that. We parked at stanstead pink elephant the service there was very good and the cheapest. To be fair we use them all the time anyway. Check in at stanstead was quick and easy, no huge lines. The new security check in at stanstead was much better too and better located. Although I admit it through me a bit as I could quite get my bearings eg where we were in duty free. Bpoarding was quick seats were comfy and aircrew were polite and proffessional. Having grandchildren we particularly enjoyed the children presenting the flight safety video. Brilliant. Flight took 3 hrs 55 minutes. Arrival and baggage claim and transfers were good and comfy. So we arrived in time for dinner.and wow, what a supprize. They must have the best chefs on lanzarote. The food was brrilliant. Honest no joking. One of the best restaurant food choise and taste we have ever had on any of our holidays and we've had a lot over the last 40 years. And it's official because my wife agrees with me!!!.. we were given a bungalow apartment number 320 we stayed 26 jan till 2 feb 2014 we are married couple in our 50s / 60. The complex is set out in a circle around the pools and pool bar. Every where was spotless and staff were constanly tidying and cleaning the area. Mind you even though one pool was heated to 23°c (thats still 14° below body temperature) so far too cold for me. It has to be steaming before I will get in. All the children seemed to enjoy it though. Well it was january. Our bungalow. Im not putting photos on as there are many from others and to be fair they all are very accurate. So its set out like an L shape with a patio, table and chairs sun lounger. In through a sliding door to a lounge and kitchette, small corridore to a large bathroom with sink, wc, bath and over shower, no bidet, then into the bedroom. Two singles pushed together. Mattresses most comfy we were out like a light and slept all night.. equipment. Microwave, two hobs, kettle, toaster, coffee maker loads of plates etc. Flat screen tv. Ok only one English channel. Bbc news. But who wants to watch tv when there is so much more to do. But I understand that some do like to watch it ot keep children entertained. So heres a tip. Record loads of stuff before you go on a dvd player etc. Take the white yellow and red leads, plug into the back of the tv and to your equipment then you can watch as much as you like on the tv. Ordo like I do, take a tab with stuff on it incase it rains, which incidently it did a few times. There is a water park attached to the complex which all inc can use on an in and out basis as much as you like. All inc can eat in there too. We didnt use it but many did. The bar. Well laid out and for the first time ever for me I mean I was pleased to see soft drinks self service on the bar along side coffee etc and a self service beer tap. And take as much as you like. Or can carry. I kinda wished I wasnt a non drinker. It was well used. Cocktails for all inc were free too everyone else pays €3:50. Sorry to jump about here so back to the food. I know some people make lots of fuss but I thought there was plenty for all tastes. Breakfast. Full english + if you want it. No the bacon is not like the uk but tastes great. Boiled eggs, cerials, fruit, loads of bread. Lunch, loads of salad, loads of pickles, chicken, beef, pasta, pizza, fish, and loads more. Dinner much the same but loads to choose and very, very tasty.
Ice cream lots of tasty sweets and fresh fruit.
hotel is close to a local sandy beach and lads of bars shops etc. Local but nearby pleany of taxis loads of great walks. There is a volcano close by and easy to walk up I did it in stages but then im unfit. It is very windy up there so take a jacket and hold on to your kiddies. You can walk through the crater and make your initials with rocks. We put F + W beside a name of tina. So please don't pinch our rocks. Lol. We will go back to this hotel and recommend you to try it too. If you are travelling independant then use last minute transfers cheaper than taxis only €20 for up to 4 passengers to resort from airport and same back again. Over €30 in a taxi. Also I recommend the short south tour with cammels and fire mountain, but book with phill at the booking office beside fred olson in the first small harbour. oh and on a last note the reason its a 3* is because bungalow apartments cannot be classified above that rating.

• Stayed January 2014
16 Thank Frank R
Dear Guest,

We are truly delighted to read that the hotel’s level of service was satisfactory.
Thank you for your nice words about our staff, our food and the bar. Also, we are glad to read that you liked the location around.

It makes us happy and proud that we could be part of your holiday memories.
We wish you all the best and it will be a real pleasure to welcome you soon in our installations.
Please let us know about reservations in the future.

Sunny regards from Lanzarote,
The Management team.
monmouthshire
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed the second week of January. This is less a conventional hotel i.e. a multi-storey premises, more like a complex. All the accommodation consists of single storey semi-detached bungalows, most seem to have connecting doors. The general appearance was of well kept grounds. The complex seems to be built in a natural hollow in the landscape such that the pools, restaurant and reception are down in the dip and all the accommodation up on top of the rim. I noted a number of physically disabled guests, all adult men with wheel-chairs and disabled racing bikes. They did not all seem to be part of one group but were independent and coped perfectly well with the location, dining facilities and access.
The site also has a public water park at the top which is free to the club users.
I was all inclusive, indeed I do not know if they provide any alternative, but there was plenty of food, of good quality, varied and well presented.
The pools were clean and appeared well maintained.
Reception was polite and helpful.
The evening entertainment consisted of the in-house team screaming with the kids until 9.30pm (ok my kids have grown up) when there was speciality acts from flamenco dancers, a magician, a snake handler and a parrot show. (Thank god no karaoke!), all of which was surprisingly good and deserved a better audience than they got.
The only down side we had was with the cleaning of the room. They clean 5 days and change linen on 2 days. On the first day of change (Wednesday) it had been raining and the new sheets were damp. We didn't find this out until we retired for the night but a quick phone call and replacements were provided immediately. Also the standard of the cleaning of the floor was poor with dust and grit still covering it after the cleaner's visit.
The clientele? a very varied bunch of Brits, French, Germans, Dutch and a few other northern Europeans who I couldn't identify. Because of the dates, most of the children were toddlers, very few older children although I would imagine once you get into the season that increases enormously and would be uncomfortable for child-less persons.
In all good value for money,

Room Tip: Since these are semi-bungalows, there is little to choose between them.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
14 Thank gjpMonmouthshire
Relaxia L, Director General at Lanzasur Club, responded to this review, August 1, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice words about our food, our pool, the water park, our staff and our evening entertainment.
We would like to confirm to you that we analyze with detail your comments made about the cleaning.
We are already working on it.

Once again thank you for your comments and best regards.
The Management team
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Really good hotel and nice location , beach 5 minute walk, staff friendly and entertainment team really good during the day and for the mini disco, variety of food and too a good standard. The water park was really good and fun, main pools really clean and good , big one really cold but refreshing once in it, I recommended this to families or people looking for a bit of fun whilst being able to relax , defiantly thinking of going back and would stay at the lanzasuar club again!

• Stayed January 2014
7 Thank Bendibben
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for sharing your opinion here on the Trip Advisor community, we are sure that other travelers appreciate it. The opinions of our guests are the main goal to improve our work day by day.
It makes us very proud to read your kind compliments with regard to our hotel, the location, our staff, our food, the water park and our pools.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you once again here in Playa Blanca. Please let us know about further reservations.

The Management and all the Relaxia Lanzasur Club Team wishes you a wonderful summer and sunny regards.
Hampshire
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I was looking for a sunny destination for 3 adults and 2 children age 5 & 7 with spacious accommodation other than just a bedroom, and not have to worry about cooking or looking for a restaurant every night and near to the beach/town if we wanted it. This accommodation fits the bill with the added bonus of a superb water park accessible a few mins on foot from within the hotel complex. Great water park for little ones and big ones (clean, modern and free to hotel guests), you can have your lunch here (included) if you don't wish to rush back to the hotel and to break up the routine. Free hotel kids club included turn up at 10.30am for the morning session near the pool and get your kids involved where they will make friends. There are afternoon sessions also. Food - you have not paid for 5 star so don't expect it - the restaurant is a lot calmer affair than I have seen in other resorts - nicely laid tables and adequate choices on the buffet with a separate grill area - the salad and dessert options may be abit samey but the meat, grill and vegetable choices change each day with help yourself wine, beer and soft drinks. The pool refreshment area is help yourself to beer/wine etc and sandwiches/cakes throughout the day with free ice-cream tubs from 3pm – pm. Evening entertainment is kids based with mini-disco at 8pm and a show at 9pm – kids are allowed to run freely around the entertainment area and with fizzy drinks on tap there is a lot of hyperactivity! Pools – the largest pool where most of the adults who don’t have kids sit, is freezing and such a waste as it is rarely used. The smaller pool is warmer and full – adults you should not expect to be able to swim in it without dodgy water guns and inflatables – as I said great fun for kids. Things to be aware of – Take your own pool towels as these are not provided (although I did read you could hire them) you can buy them along the sea-front for around 5euro if you need to. There are no safe deposit boxes in the room and although there are some available at reception this was not convenient. The pool refreshment area is very slippy make sure even if your children walk slowly they should put their footwear on and obviously when using the pool loos, as we saw many children fall in these areas on the hard tiles despite the best efforts of the bar person to keep the area dry it is impossible. I have written to First Choice to highlight this H&S issue and to install some matting. The bungalows interconnect which was great for us as we had to book 2 bungalows and so had the joy of 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and 2 kitchenettes. We booked late check in the resort which was 25E for one bungalow as the check out time is 10am which I think is too early. It was better than I expected and the kids were kept active and enjoyed it. You can see the Red Mountain Volcano from the complex which my husband and our 7 year old nephew went to explore on foot reaching the top within 45mins - such an adventure!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
11 Thank SiLiW
Relaxia L, Director General at Lanzasur Club, responded to this review, July 31, 2015
Dear Guest,

We are very glad that you had a great time among us in Relaxia Lanzasur Club. It makes us happy and proud that we could be part of your holiday memories.
Thank you for your nice words about our water park and our bungalows. Also, we are glad to read that you liked the location around.

We would like to confirm to you that we analyze with detail your comments made about the pool area. We are already working on it.

Please let us know about reservations in the future.

Sunny regards from Lanzarote,