“Its your own opinion that counts”
Review of Lanzasur Club

Lanzasur Club
Ranked #23 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
LLanelli
“Its your own opinion that counts”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

my family and i have just returned from here and having read the reviews before we went just wanted to put our own slant on the place.
Yes its 3 star and the entertainment is more for the kids i really dont feel that the some of the bad reviews are warranted.
The Aqua park on site is excellent with loads of space and seating.I must admit that there was no queuing when we were there with 5 slides and lazy river and wave pool going off every hour.two of the slides require rubber rings (supplied).the life guards are very tolerant but will not allow under sized kids on the main slides.There are measuring charts you have to be 1.2 m to go on the main slides.There is a large smaller kiddies area with slides for younger,smaller kids. The lunches are good but choice can be limited opposed to the main restaurant.
Animation Team tried to get everyone involved and my kids really enjoyed the various games,eg waterpolo, darts meeting lots of other people.
I must admit that on peak times (half term etc) this may change because of the amount of people staying.
I agree with the comments about the staff they dont stop especially in the restaurant.
Also an idea is to hang on from buying regarding inflatables,buckets,spades,balls etc. till you get there as we were given loads by other families leaving during the week (as we did when we left)theres a swap box as well with toys,sun cream although again it may be empty because of the school hols.
You do have to pay for pool towels 2.50 euros per towel with a deposit of 10 euros per towel so either take your own or nip into playa blanca and buy them for 5 euros.
All inclusive drinks are fine with the Sangria being quite strong sometimes!
Food is normal all inclusive stuff and everyone will find something to eat the problem is not going nuts!
You may want to pay the extra £50.00 and have adjoining bungalows rather than trying to get a family of four into one.If you do this the accommodation becomes much bigger although youre only sleeping ,showering there.
TV only has two English channels BBC News and CNN but again youre not there for tv.
5 mins walk from Playa Flamingo Beach and 10-15 mins walk into playa blanca or 3 euros each way for a taxi.
You will have to pay extra for air-con bungalows or rent a fan but the windows do open and have mossie screens.
I would suggest renting a car from uk as it was double the rates over there.
When we arrived even though the room was ready the receptionist ushered us over to the restaurant to eat as it only had a half hour left.
if going to Timanfaya avoid going between 11-2 as it was over an hour queue to get in due to parking restrictions.
To sum up we enjoyed because the kids enjoyed the activities and the aqua park.We would return with the kids but never in the school holidays.

Room Tip: Pay extra for connecting rooms.Room numbers 610/612 were great except you can hear the road which is...
3 Thank Lovetravelling106

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
South yorkshire
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Mum, Dad, 4 year old little girl, with Grandma and Grandad.
We arrived 13th October 2013 late in the evening. First impressions were good, check in was efficient and we were allocated our adjoined bungalow apartments. Apartment was roomy and clean. Pool area has two pools plus baby pool, all sea water and not heated.
Generally clean and well laid out. Water park is much newer with slides for both young and old. Height restrictions apply for the faster slides. All well manned by lifeguards, who are very safety conscious .
Meal times are hectic, with buffet service for all meals.
Food is quite varied but a little bland and repeated often. Beer and wine are self service with spirits served via bar or pool bar.
Plus points.
Play areas and pools.
General ambiance
Kids entertainment

Negative points.
Rooms were not cleaned as stated (only twice in 11 days) very poorly done.
Towels not changed until asked for.
Pool towel hire charge, also charge for changing pool towels. (Never known this on a Thomson all inclusive holiday)
Bland food.

Overall, enjoyed holiday, but spoilt by negatives that could easily be rectified.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Leven, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I am writing this review on the advice of the Hotel assistant manager who said if I wasn't happy having to pay extra for clean towels and fresh bedding and also for being charged an extra 95 euros for air-con then I should write it here. We only got our towels and bedding changed once in our first week even though the hotel literature says it should be done twice. Our Thomson rep ended up paying to have them changed. Do not assume you will have air conditioning as apparently you cannot book this in advance and you will have to pay to upgrade on arrival. You will receive a 'complimentary' meal on arrival if the restaurant is closed and this will consist of an apple, some cabbage, a carrot, some cabbage, some form of meat(not sure which)some cabbage, a bread roll and some cabbage. This is totally disgusting so be prepared for a late night taxi ride to a local restaurant. I would recommend El Argentino which is 5 minutes away. If you want to keep your room on for showering it will cost 25 euros but beware as they tried to charge us twice. Oh, and don't expect evening entertainment or a kids club for over 8s, it doesn't happen. If you are happy with bingo, bongo or the entertainment team spitting bottled water on each other then you will be fine, if not then this hotel isn't for you. Breakfast is fine, lunch up at AquaLava waterpark is good but evening meals in the restaurant are poor, don't bother with Spanish night or Gala night, nothing for the kids to eat on these nights.

Room Tip: Ensure you get air-con as bungalows get stuffy.
1 Thank Greig70
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Well me and the family have just got back from lanzasur and even though it's October , I still got sun stroke !!
The rooms are quite good even though there's no air con but there is only two channels on the tv in English . BBC world news and cnn news .
There is 3 pools on site and they felt cold but it didn't stop anyone getting in and having fun with the kids ! The 3 pools varied in depth so it was good for kids of all ages .
Meal times was fun due to the sheer volume of people and my family didn't rate it that well so we went to aqua lava water park that's part of the hotel ,if your all inclusive you get in free and eat free !! .
The slides at aqua lava are brill for the whole family but beware there is height limits on them , of which your not told of before !!!.
The night life consists of various cabaret shows , quiz nights,magician , salsa dancing and bingo !! , but there's nothing on Sundays .
Kids clubs are on every day , 2 hours in the morning , 2 hours in the afternoon so I gives you chance to go into the town and sight see and shop for more tatt !

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Byrdy07
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The hubby, my 9 year old daughter and I got back from a week in this resort last night (24th October)
Before we went I was regularly reading reviews on the hotel and was a little worried but I can honestly say, what a load of rubbish they were and am wondering if the people that went there were in the same hotel!! ALL the bad reviews and complaints people made did not add up to me.
The apartments were lovely, perfect for all you need them for, sleeping, chilling out and showering. They are modernly decorated, cleaned every day (apart from Wednesday and Fridays) with fresh towels and bed linen.
The restaurant was great. This was what I was worried about the most after reading reviews but oh my god they were wrong. There was so much food and do much variety with a grill area cooking meats etc fresh in front of you. The buffet food was regularly checked by staff and restocked all the time. There were themed Nights every night so a varied variety of food.
The swimming pools were great, a little cold when you first got in but once you done that first "dunk" it was fine. There was no problems getting sun loungers on any day we were there as a lot of people have complained about. There was regular entertainment around to pool for the kids and adults.
The pool and surrounding areas were being cleaned all the time, in fact I've never seen a place being cleaned so much, we even saw I member of staff cleaning the leaves on a palm tree in reception, they took great pride and all the flowers and trees, and were constantly pruning and clearing fallen leaves.
The aqua lava was brilliant, again very clean and well kept. Staff were even in the pool cleaning the walls. The food was plentiful here and you could always get a sun
lounger.
The animation team, well what can I say! I've never seen a bunch of hard working, dedicated team that had the most amazing rapport with the children. They worked very long hours and put in 110% every day. None of them were English but all spoke at least 3 languages each. The mini disco was brilliant for the children, even my daughter who was in her own felt comfortable enough to join in on her own. The adult entertainment was fantastic to, very funny at times.
I can honestly say I would not hesitate in booking to go there again and an already looking at next years prices and to stay for longer.
We really had a fantastic time.

• Stayed October 2013
6 Thank Sian T
Kinross, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Came home to wet and windy Scotland yesterday after an enjoyable week spent at the Lanzasur Club with my wife and two kids aged 6 and 8.

I really dont understand some of the reviews posted about this place, firstly you get what you pay for, its not 5 star but a very good 3 star. For those saying its dirty,I find that unbelievable, not only the resort, but Playa Blanca generally is so clean and well presented.

The rooms, ok they are not big, and in October it was warm at night but not so bad that you cant breath without aircon. You dont go on a 3 star holiday to sit in your room. My son and i were in the lounge / kitchen area on the pull down beds, with wife and daughter in the bedroom. The room was cleaned and fresh towels and bedding 5 days out of the seven we were there.

The resort is so clean, and well run, we only stayed at the pool one day, and spent the rest of the time at the splashpark, its not massive like the ones in Tenerife, but its big enough, and if you have kids under 10/11 this is probably a better place to go, as it is not large enough to attract the rowdy teenager. We did not encounter any issues at all at the waterpark, the lifeguards were always on the lookout for safety issues, and the flumes were great. We had lunch most days at the waterpark, excellent.

The animation team deserve a medal, they are all different european nationalities, and will never win any oscars for their performance, but most of all the kids love it, and thats the most important thing. A mention must be made of Steven the dutch guy, who seems to work all day, every day. the kids love him.

Food - no issues, yes it becomes a little tedious having a buffet each night, but the quality of food was excellent.

so, would we go back - YES, most definitely, and are considering next year. It's a great resort to go with a young family.

Room Tip: Rooms 100, 200, 300 are at the side of the complex nearer the town, but away from waterpark, so a li...
3 Thank Martin S
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Ok let's start by saying that the problem with holiday reviews are that they are subjective, what I might like, you might not and what you might like I might not... I think you get the drift. It kinda depends on what your own standards are and what you expect from a holiday. Lets just say that if you have placed a review on here you must have read them and made your mind up based on these. Am I qualified to have an opinion, well possibly, 7th time in Lanzarote, 4th time in playa blanca, oh and a degree in tourism!

Who am I? 43 yr old man with wife and 6 yr old in tow...so here goes..

Flight-thomson flight Cardiff-0730, came back 1230, cost £1600 ALl inc for the three of us 1 week. Good flights was asked to pay extra to pre book flights for £44 didn't still sat together.

Arrival-quickly checked in gent was friendly

Room- not massive but we were only there for Kipping really, looked like it was recently renovated though , we were by the back gate which was handy for walking to the town, very quite although we could hear he family next door as there is a connecting door. We became friends with them.

Pool area- no real issues, plenty of sun beds, clean enough, the odd cup left about but not a problem. Pools were nice two main pools to mess about in.

Food-someone mentioned earlier its a typical all inclusive restaurant, no real issues here either, lets not get too carried away like some, there is enough choice, esp for a week and some of the fresh cooked meats were super. It's not Ramsey at the Dorchester but your not paying that eh! Wore trousers first night but this rule isn't enforced.

Entertainment- to be fair generally disappointing, not very professional and in the most part it's the animation team having a go. Pleasant place to have a drink and the barman was quick with the drinks. This is perhaps the only thing I think they need to develop,I'm not sure they realise who much we need to be entertained in the evening.

Water park, well to be included in your price this is great, it isn't massive but good enough fun, again as mentioned earlier you can use your AI, the food is good here too. You can tell there was a lot of investment in the park. Good fun.

Resort. I like playa blanca, it's quiet, with a good range of bars and restaurants. The walk from the hotel is pleasant esp along the sea front, not popula with my 6 yr old so got a taxi now and again. About 3-3.5 euros.

To sum up.....we didn't have ANY problems here, enjoyed the pool, enjoyed the water park, food was fine, entertainment was the only thing I think they need to work on, be positive dont be a snob and you'll be fine.enjoy...

4 Thank jarod_harvey