My wife and I stayed here during the first 11 days in January with our 3 daughters and 4 grandchildren (6, 4, 3 and 1 year old)
We all had a very good time and found plenty to do for everyone around the complex which is like a small village and takes a bit of getting used to especially after having arrived when it was dark.
My wife left her boots outside our door overnight and they were covered in ants in the morning but a quick spray of the insect killer in the kitchen done the trick, we had a couple inside but again a good spray and we never seen them again and both our daughters room were ant free so I presume it was a one off.
In general the staff from all departments were friendly and very helpful, but on the odd occasion a couple of staff got a bit "frumpy" about some people sneaking food out of the restaurant.
In both restaurants the food was very good with plenty of choice, but sometimes we had to queue to get in, although nice snacks could be had during the whole day from another snack bar area away from the main dining areas if you wanted to eat on the move , around the pool, or in your apartment.
The main pool and surrounding areas were well kept, clean and tidy however we had one of the many pools right on our doorstep which was quite handy for the kids.
The rooms were serviced daily with towels changed regularly and bedding changed adequately.
The entertainment was basic but the reps tried their best with bingo and a variety of "british" shows throughout the evenings which suited us and our daughters , however there are two entertainment "domes" the other being the "local spanish" entertainment team which suited the kids better with mini discos, bird shows, clowns etc and it was better kept , probably because it was quieter but it was also a bit warmer - the reps dome tended to be quite cold in the evenings and the girls needed a cardigan .
It was only the pool bar which was open during the day along with the bar at the snack bar but both entertainment dome bars and a small sports bar were open in the evening and being all inclusive we had no real complaints about any of them - plastic during the day - glass in the evening.
We took a walk into the town a couple of days and it`s about a 20 minute stroll to the right side of the complex or to the left it`s about 30 minutes to the marina where there is a big local market once a week.
We all had a great time at the Tropical Island and would recommend it - the only thing with us was that everything was spread out and we had quite a distance to go from place to place within the complex , ie apartment to restaurant to pool to entertainment etc, etc and with 4 youngsters it was a lot of walking or carrying ,we had a buggy with us but ended up hiring another buggy from the hotel to save a lot of hassle.
There`s plenty other things around the complex to amuse both adults and children from yoga classes to goldfish, turtles and play areas it`s just a matter of finding them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THB Tropical Island is a spectacular resort of 102,000 m2 located in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. Designed especially for families and groups of friends, it has everything you need so you can enjoy an unforgettable holiday within resort itself and just steps away from your apartment. In Hotel THB Tropical Island everyday fun is guaranteed. Our guests can enjoy 14 swimming pools, sports facilities, bars, theme restaurants and plenty of activities both for adults and children in the hands of our entertainment team. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your THB Tropical Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Tropical Playa Blanca
- Sun Tropical Lanzarote
- Holiday Village Sun Tropical Lanzarote
- THB Tropical Island Lanzarote/Playa Blanca